“Great location”

The Waterside House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Donabate
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Situated on donabate beach this hotel is picturesque ....good food but bar food a little expensive..I'd recommend the scampi ! Staff are nice and friendly too ! If u like sea views you will love this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kaikai5

Reviewed August 12, 2013

1st Stay at this hotel, was invited for a wedding. This room was booked three months in advance, the position of the room was fantastic with outside balcony and lovely sea views!- one of only four. I also phoned to confirm the room one day prior. When we arrived, reception looked outdated; was given our key to our room and was told that the door can only be locked from the inside!!! alternatively: only room available was on the ground floor overlooking into a tree. Was told that the door was broken for over three days! we decided to keep the room and keep all our clothing and valuables in our rented car. The room was needing an over-hall, the carpets had stains all over it! was not acceptable. The hotel needs a very good make-over!!!

Room Tip: rooms with the outside balcony only.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kevinstirling
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is my fourth visit to the Waterside house. It is my " go to " place to relax on my way to and from Toronto. Living in Southern Ontario I miss the sounds and smells of the ocean and this is the perfect place to enjoy the rocky coast and beautiful, clean beach. Some parts of the hotel may be a little dated but it is continually being refurbished and I have always found it clean and welcoming. The reasonable prices reflect the fact that this is not a 5 star hotel but the Waterside provides all that is needed including great food and convenient in room tea and coffee with a kettle. This booking was only made a few days before I left Toronto and the front desk staff kindly arranged that my room would be ready for my arrival at 10.00 am. A staff member at the Irish Touist information desk at the airport called to inform the Waterside staff of my arrival. Pick up was prompt and Anthony, the shuttle driver, was very helpful in getting me to the hotel in about 15 minutes. I will be staying here again in 2 weeks with family members from Co. Down and will again take advantage of the hotel amenities and the convenient free shuttle back to the airport. My late booking this time did not allow me to have a waterfront room like I had on previous occasions.I would recommend trying to take advantage of the ocean view rooms by booking well in advance.

Room Tip: I definitely recommend an ocean view room, preferably on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank lovetotravel876
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Waterside House Hotel is situated in a great location on Donabate Beach. This hotel is only 10 minutes drive to Swords Co Dublin and 15 minutes drive to Dublin Airport. The seaview terrace is newly painted and looks great. This hotel also has a shop with ice cream, sweets and beach toys etc to purchase.The food in this hotel is outstanding especially in the Samphire Restaurant. Bar food is fantastic also.We just had our Wedding in this hotel July 2013 , the day and night was amazing.Memories forever on our wedding day. We were able to have a civil ceremony on the Seaview Terrace overlook the sea. Views are beautiful. The service from the wedding coridnator and all the staff where extremely professional and helpful. Our Bridal suite was very clean with an amazing view. A huge thank you to this hotel for everything service,food and wedding packages are excellent.

Room Tip: Executive Seaview rooms are the best
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LesleyR266
Reviewed August 3, 2013

myself and my partner stayed here in july during the very warm weather ,the hotel was right on the beach and our room was overlooking the bay which was very nice ,we went to the bar to get some bar food that evening and the place was very busy with people from the beach and I think also a wedding in the hotel at the bar, after getting our seat a young waitress came over and took our order she was very nice and recommended the beef for me and fish for my partner from the specials menu ,she explained that as they were very busy the food may take a couple of minutes to arrive and we said no rush as we would be having a few drinks. after only a couple of minutes our food arrived and my beef was delicious I also had some of my partners salmon and it was very nice ,we were going to go into the village that evening but the hotel had a singer on so we stayed and enjoyed a few more glasses of wine .next morning we had a very nice breakfast overlooking Dublin bay .over all I say it was a very enjoyable stay ,nice food, friendly staff, lovely view .will be back

Room Tip: sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank donkeydublin
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Visited for a family wedding and had to stay for 2 nights. I have no positive comments to make. Dirty small rooms in need of re-furbishment. First night, ordered food at 7pm, starters arrived at 730, mains arrived at 845 after 3 times asking where it was, utter chaos. My wife's steak was not edible and we had it taken from the bill. After eating, our children were asked to leave the bar and go to bed, there was no provision or alternative for them - Great, so we went to bed too, we were not impressed. General staff attitude was poor and matched by the Management too.
The meal at the wedding reception was poor too, arrived cold, vegetables were not edible too, this was the followed by a cold breakfast and stewed coffee.
The Waterside charge 4* prices for a sub standard service in all areas - if you can avoid it, don't stay here.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Dabren1963
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's good for a wedding venue but if I was to fork out 100 euro a night and not attending a wedding I would not be staying here. At 100 euro a night I thought the rooms would be in better condition and bigger i.e. loose bathroom fittings, small rooms (with a big bed.. could not swing a cat in it). On a positive note, the scenery was spectacular.

One major negative point... the staff were not considerate to an individual who had a diatry requirment, if someone has a dietary requirement do not walk up to a table and shout "who do I have to make changes for" this is really is not polite... it actually quit rude.

Room Tip: rooms facing the sea on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Monkeyboytango
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donabate
3 mi away
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Marine Hotel
Marine Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton Cross

Been to The Waterside House Hotel? Share your experiences!