“Overnight stay”

The Waterside House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Donabate
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed overnight at this hotel at the weekend. Great location, right on the beach. The rooms were spacious with all mod cons and had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. We had trouble with the heating not coming on but a guy came straight up to the room and fixed it. Breakfast and dinner were good. Lots of free parking space.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alisonm392
Management-Waterside, Manager at The Waterside House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear alison392,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback via Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our establishment in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Waterside House Hotel

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and toddler stayed at this hotel for the weekend on a Grab One deal that had expired months ago, however they very kindly re-booked for us. We had attended a wedding here a few years ago so we were looking forward to the break. We were very happy with the service from checking in at reception to the bar and bistro. The waiting staff were very accommodating with our toddler, even helping us bring our food to our room when he was tired and too hard to handle in the bar. We paid extra for a seaview room which was more than adequate for a travel cot and the views and sound of the sea were well worth the €40 extra. The breakfast was cooked to perfection and served at our table which was a welcome change from a buffet breakfast which can get very messy with everyone helping themselves. We took the train from Donabate village to Dublin centre, very handy and only took 20 mins. All in all an enjoyable break, we will be back and would definately reccommend for families.

Room Tip: Choose a seaview executive with a balcony, the sound of the sea as you go to sleep is very relaxing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Songbird H
Management-Waterside, Manager at The Waterside House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Songbird H,

Thank you very much for sending us your review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

absolutley lovely stay at the hotel,,, lovely view from sea view room and bar,,staff very friendly and efficient. rooms very comfortable. staff in the bar very kind and attentive and lovely atmosphere,

The rooms are a little too warm and the showers could do with a good clean,, good bit mildew behind the doors, behind the bed should be slightly cleaner and more sugar and milk left in the room.

overall will definatley be back and would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: choose a sew view room brilliant views and lovely to wake up to sun shining in.the window
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rcsoc

Dear rcsoc,

Thank you for sending us your review on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate guest feedback as it helps us ensure we are providing an excellent service. I was delighted to read that enjoyed your stay with us. I have spoken to our staff in relation to the shower issue you had so that we can rectify this as needs be.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. Location was fantastic!! I had rang months before to book and was told there were no sea view rooms available so had to settle without one. Once checked in and arrived to the room window was frosted to avoid seeing horrific view of the roof. Room was very dated and dusty. Went to reception to see if there was definitely no other rooms available to which I was told there was a sea view for two nights. I was thrilled and moved into it. Room109 was tiny!! Could barely move around the double bed. Stains covered the carpet and the cleanliness of this room was terrible! Went to see if there was anything else and told no. Over the next few nights had 3 cold showers as firstly boiler broke and then boiler is put on shower so expect cold showers at night. When i complained was told water will be on in ten minutes every time and then given keys to two different sea view rooms to try those showers. was furious as i was told there were no more rooms. And water in those rooms was also cold.
Wedding on in the Saturday night kept me up all night! Wedding guest running through the hallways until 6am screaming and banging doors. Rang down to reception twice after it got to 1am and noise persisted. Nothing was done and had to deal with it. Left feeling tired and worn out. Not the relaxing beach break I had booked. So disappointed no one was concerned expect for manager Sheila who was very friendly and even offered us to come to her home so we could shower. Felt lied to the entire stay. Felt like once they had your money they had your money they were not too bothered that you were not sleeping or having cold showers. Don't stay here!!!!! Never even received an apology when checking out which showed that there was no concern.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Than87

Dear Thandie9,

Thank you for sending us your review on Trip Advisor. I was most concerned to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us here in the hotel. I have just been up to look at the room you stayed in and I have asked our staff to remove the stains that were on the carpet. I was able to move around the bed with ease and upon inspection have found that the rest of the room is clean. We were full on certain nights when you stayed with us and that is why we could not allow movement between rooms. We are a small hotel and sometimes when we have a wedding in the hotel noise can be heard late at night.

I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Should you wish to discuss the matter further please contact us on 01 843 6153.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I arrived late in the evening and we had to get to a store because airport security took some of our toiletries and the night manager was more than willing to drive us to the nearest store as soon as we put our stuff in our room. The front counter staff was really friendly and more than accommodating. The food was delicious the only negative thing we have to say is that it took a while for wait staff to come take our order. Our room was exactly how we pictured it, sea view with balcony. We literally stayed at the hotel the whole time for relaxation. We were informed that there is a shuttle to pick up and drop off at the airport as well as the nearest train station. We plan on taking a family trip there next time. We paid 144 euro for 4 days 3 nights which was a great price!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loloboizgrl

Dear Loloboizgrl,

Thank you for sending us your feedback on Trip Advisor. We take guest feedback very seriously as it really helps us ensure we are providing an excellent service. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our hospitality thoroughly. I have spoken to our restaurant staff in relation to the delay in ordering your food.

Once again thank you for sending us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your family trip.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have attended 2 weddings here lately- the beach setting is stunning for photos but that is all the hotel has going for it.
Fire alarms going off for no reason repeatedly during night. We couldnt check in because the lock on our door was broken they asked us to come back in 2 hours we waited 4 and were told it couldnt be fixed. The shower was freezing cold and flooded the bathroom when it was turned on.
Food was extremely poor. We had also eaten in the restaurant at the hotel - terrible service we were the only ones there for dinner left waiting almost an hour to order.
Would not go back EVER

I have selected 1 on the rating as I had to pick something to proceeed but its not worth that.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sandie M

Dear Sandie M,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback of your stay on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us here in the hotel. I have spoken to our staff regarding the issues you have raised. We take guest feedback very seriously.

I apologise if you did not enjoy our hotel. If you would like to discuss this matter further I would urge you to contact us directly.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here on a grabone deal and I could not believe I had never heard of this hotel. Its in an excellent location. Just overlooking the sea . Fantastic views, Lovely walks outside by the sea. Lovely seating area outside over looking the sea. Rooms were lovely & clean. Food was also lovely and ther was finger food served in the bar on the friday night and the music was great. very friendly enjoyable place. Reception was nice and the receptionest was very helpfull. We were late down for breakfast the next morning but we were looked after with an excellent enjoyable breakfast. Its some were I will be back to many times. Its great value and a great Location. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan J M

Dear Brendan J M,

Thank you very much for submitting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate our clients taking the time to send us their feedback. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and food and that our staff were approachable.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Donabate
Grand Hotel Malahide
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan

Been to The Waterside House Hotel? Share your experiences!