“Lovely views and friendly staff”

The Waterside House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Donabate
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Attended a wedding here in October. We were looked after very well from the moment we arrived. Everything seemed to go smoothly, which is always a good sign. I was given a sea view room and it was wonderful to wake up to such a great view.
The hotel is about 3 km from donabate village and the train station so a car is useful (although one of the hotel staff drove me to the station when I checked out).

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view (& a quiet room if not attending a wedding)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Waterside House Hotel

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was there for a friend's wedding and it was excellent in all areas. A nice service was held in the room and then out to a room nearby for coffee and cakes and of course out to the bar with the incredible deck which thankfully the weather allowed us to use. Then back into the room now re-organised with tables for dinner. Dinner orders were taken quickly and efficiently and each course came out quickly, ensuring everyone at the table had their food. Turkey/Ham was very good and the fish was good too. Then cleared out again for a drink while the dancefloor was created and an excellent evening with a very good band and dancing all night. No pressure on shutting down the party all night and then a very good breakfast after a good (but short!) nights sleep made it a very good time for all.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the extra to get a Seaview room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

i arrived on a sunday and it seemed there had been a wedding the night before.
at the entrance there was a plantstand which had a used beer glass with cigarette butts in them- and it was still there when i checked out on monday!!!

but the reception was clean and modern and staff were very friendly
we had lunch in the busy large bar, the food was fine and staff again friendly.
the bar seemed popular with large screen tv's playing golf. it was clean and tidy.

upstairs the halls are clean but dated.
the room was ok, far from luxury. very basic.
furnishings and decor slightly dated.
it had obviously been abused by previous guests- the bedside cabinet and mirror had large chunks out of the wood, were someone had thrown something onto them.
the chair in the bedroom was stained with chocolate, or i hope it was!
the room had a large window but with no view- it looked over the flat roof of the hotel.
the carpet and bed linen were clean and the ensuite looked like it had been modernised recently.

the hotel is a great location on the coast with great views, so ask for a room with a seaview, and i have heard those rooms are supposedly recently modernised.
donabate is convenient to the motorway and great to visit swords for shopping.

i wouldn't stay at this hotel again simply because it is not modern or luxurious enough for my taste.
(but this hotel must do well because on the 3 prior occasions i contacted the hotel to make a booking they were always fully booked)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was at a wedding there in september. First opinion, it didn't look like a hotel from the outside. Inside was a bit more pleasant! Being a 3 star, I only expected average and that's what it was, it was grand! The bride and groom along with most of their guests enjoyed the day! I did not stay and so cannot comment on the rooms! It's a nice holiday hotel but not somewhere I would recommend for a wedding! Food was very average and rushed!! And for some strange reason we all had to leave the room for an hour after dinner, why oh why! Never been to a wedding where guests had to leave their table and bring all their drinks with them! What a joke! There was an outdoor activity arranged obviously to fill the gap, but really!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our son's wedding took place in the Waterside House Hotel on 27th September 2012. From the moment we arrived, we knew that this was a special venue. We had a beautiful room with a balcony and a sea view, the food was excellent, the staff were friendly and could not have been more helpful throughout the wedding planning and the event itself. We were very impressed and I have no hesitation in recommending the Waterside House Hotel. It was a day to remember, for all the right reasons. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view if possible, the view is absolutely stunning.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Meg M
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just arrived back from alovely peaceful relaxing midweek break in The Waterside house hotel.We booked because of the great reviews that the hotel gets and we we're not disappointed.We had a room with a sea view which was really lovely The hotel was spotless,the food was delicious in both the bar and dinning room.Each and every member of staff was lovely. I will definitely be going back to stay in this Hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan H
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm getting married next year and I'm having my reception here. Up to now I have found the hotel to exceed my expectations in everything. They have been very helpful in every aspect of my planning. The hotel itself is stunning and very intimate. The views are spectacular and staff amazing. My wedding co-ordinator is Jessica who I found to be very warm, always offered suggestions which I found were very helpful and I never felt at any time rushed. Contrary to previous post, Jessica always replied to my queries in good time. I never had an issue with that.

The rooms are beautiful and clean. The family room is HUGE and really beautiful.

Service and food are out of this world also.

I wouldn't have a problem recommeding this hotel to any of my friends who were thinking about getting married as this hotel was recommended to me by a friend who had her wedding here!

L

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oisine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donabate
Grand Hotel Malahide
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan

Been to The Waterside House Hotel? Share your experiences!