“Beyond the call of duty” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diamond Coast Hotel

Diamond Coast Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
County Galway, Ireland
“Beyond the call of duty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I recently stayed in the Diamond Coast and could'nt praise highly enough the food, the staff, the room etc.On the morning of my departure my car would'nt start I had left on parking lights overnight: result flat battery in the morning. Brian the manager had got jump leads in approx 3 minutes proceeded to jump start my car from his own jeep. I was on my way in no time as I had a deadline to attend a meeting. Had I been observant and looked at the notice pinned on reception desk advising the driver of said vehicle that the lights were left on this would have been avoided. Such is the attention to detail in this hotel someone had gone to the trouble to put up a notice advising of lights being left on in a parked vehicle. Top marks to manager and excellent staff who go out of their way to assist patrons. Will spread the word and certainly will be back le cunamh De.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently and I was so impressed by the service and the beautiful hotel and surroundings. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. The rooms are very big and comfortable. The hotel is of very high standards but best of all its great value too.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
County Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is an incredibly spacious, up to date and generous hotel. Bedrooms and bathrooms are huge. They serve a 5* breakfast and offer very good deals for families. It's also only a short walk from the gorgeous Enniscrone beach. Definitely will stay again. Wifi very poor.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but ask for a sea view.
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Joanie R
Roscommon, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just back from a stay in the diamond coast we booked again as we stayed 1 night last year and were quiet impressed with it. It is a excellent hotel for kids as loads of space from them to run around, the kids club runs from 5-10 and is for ages 3+ but they do allow younger kids to come in if you stay with them, my 2 year old had a great time in it. The rooms are quiet spacious. The staff are so friendly and accommodating we got there a little early on the first and they tried to get our room ready early as my little boy was tired. The bar staff were again great didn't seem to mind having kids running around their feet. The food is great and quiet reasonable. Breakfast is self service and there is a great choice. we requested a later checkout if possible as we didn't get to pool until day we were checking out and they looked after us with this as well. Was very pleased hope to return again sometime.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel having visited last year with 2 young children & a newborn. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough on all counts but mostly the service provided by the staff. I have stayed in what some would consider top of the range hotels both in this country & abroad and no where can compare to the level of friendliness, courtesy & helpfulness afforded by every member of staff in this hotel. While on our visit my baby became very ill overnight and the staff were on hand to do everything required.
Food was excellent - I cannot recommend the coast roast chicken dinner for a family enough. My kids who can be picky ate so much as well as ourselves.
The kids club runs from 5-10 which is fantastic kids of all ages there and all seem pleased (takes ages 3 - 10). the staff who run it are brilliant with the kids and I was happy to recognise some of the same staff from last year as my kids did too.
The family rooms are enormous and up until we visited this hotel we had always looked for a hotel with self catering to accommodate our kids comfortably and have access to fridge re baby food etc - this is not a problem here staff are happy to hold food in main kitchen fridge and will retrieve as needed. As for room there is plenty, rooms are spotless and comfortable.
Location of the hotel is perfect - just outside the village a short walk to the most fantastic beach and lovely playground. There is also a good pool in Enniscrone although it is other side of the village we didn't consider it a problem. Ballina is a short drive 15 mins tops and has lots to do shopping etc and Tumble Jungle is well worth a visit on a wet day for kids.
All in all we will be back for another visit hopefully this summer as we had to cut this visit short due to our sick baby. Thank you so much to all the staff again who made what turned out to be a stressful time with our sick child away from home very bearable - no problem was too small and everything was done with a smile.

Room Tip: If you have children going to bed early and not used to noise ask for a family room away from the li...
2 Thank aoife1obrien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night with my wife and 2 children. Great hotel, great staff, bar food was lovely and the breakfast was excellent.

Our 8 year old also had a fantastic time at the kids club.

It was our 2nd time at this hotel and we will definitely be back in the near future.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Went for sunday lunch with my mum and my other half on sunday.
It was excelent. Food hot, service v good.
Would recomended it
Very reasonable priced .
Will go back again when i revist enniscrone again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Scotie123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Ocean Sands Hotel
The Ice House Hotel
The Ice House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Ballina
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,243 reviews

Been to Diamond Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!