“Enjoyable experience”

Diamond Coast Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I came here for valentines weekend and my personal experience was really enjoyable. The staff could not do enough for you and the location is really nice and quiet and found which is exactly what we wanted at the time. The food is nice and the craic is good in the bar area when there is events on. Pleasant and enjoyable experience would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just home from an amazing Easter weekend in this fab hotel .. This is the second trip to the hotel over the last 12 months and before I left I rebooked for over the 12th July Break.
There are no faults to list the hotel is beautiful facilities excellent and family rooms are large and well equipped. The staff are pleasant and nothing is too much trouble what can more could you say?
We availed of the weekend offer with the 'coast roast' which was delicious and all kids were happy and well feed by the end . Value for money and excellent value for money go hand and hand with this hotel. The weekend was made even more special by the Easter egg hunt and the missing Easter Bunny !
As said already planning a return visit but definitely will do the same break over Easter here 2015 Hopefully!!!

Room Tip: all rooms excellent
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had never heard of The Diamond Coast Hotel, and to be honest, considering the deal I got, I wasn't expecting much. 2 nights B&B in a Family Room big enough for four children and two adults, plus an evening meal for everyone - all for 185 euro over the Easter holidays. I expected the hotel to be very mediocre. How wrong I was! From our first glimpse of The Diamond Coast we were impressed. It is situated just outside the quiet town of Enniscrone which has a fantastic white-sand beach. Our check in experience with Joanne was excellent. The biggest surprise was the room. With a large family, I am constantly disappointed by cramped 'family' rooms, that are really just a double with extra beds pushed in. Not the case here. Our room was ENORMOUS! Two double beds and two single beds, and loads of space left over for the kids to run around. Great bathroom, tea/coffee making facilities (with loads of biscuits!), multi channel tv - it even had blackout curtains, though we didn't realise that until the next morning when our four year old complained about getting up at 8.30 because "it's still nighttime"! The evening meal on our package was a "Coast Roast", a novel idea for feeding a family, which involves a large platter with a whole roast chicken, masses of stuffing and roast potatoes, and a gravy boat. It was accompanied by big bowls of vegetables and champ. I've never seen this family style dining offered anywhere else and was very impressed. We were looked after by Aisling, who was also present at breakfast the next morning, and went out of her way to make sure we wanted for nothing. Breakfast was another great meal, and all the staff were more than friendly, asking us if we were enjoying our stay and if we needed anything. We had dinner in the bar on the second night, and it too was very enjoyable.
Another major bonus was the FREE kids' club. I have been charged up to €15 per child in other hotels. In The Diamond Coast, the activities are clearly displayed (as are their policies regarding small children needing to use the bathroom, which is another thing I've found lacking elsewhere, and has been a factor in my not allowing my children avail of some kids' clubs). The club runs from 5 - 9.45, with a movie for the last 90 minutes. The girls who run the club, Francesca and Sarah, were wonderful - really interested in the children and so friendly.
There is absolutely no doubt that we will return to The Diamond Coast. Tremendous value, wonderful staff, great rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in a large family room, which accommodates 2 adults and four children. There is plenty of...
1  Thank Aingeal
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Myself husband and two children have just returned from a two night stay here for Easter, we were there last year and had a brill time so we rebooked for this year, we couldn't believe the amount of fun we had I didn't think it could be done but we had an even better time, kids had tears in their eyes leaving and we were not far behind them, every single staff member are so nice and go that extra mile for you, the kids club is brill and all the girls are so friendly and they remembered our two from last year, the food is great and rooms very big and spotless, I would recommend the hotel to anyone and we can't wait to return soon

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 9, 2014

we arrived on sat the 5/4 from check in to check out it was wonderful the rooms were very clean the food in the restaurant was wonderful, there was music in the bar (not very good)

Thank you to all for a lovely one night stay .

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
1  Thank bernadette m
Reviewed April 2, 2014

went on a coach trip to the diamond coast hotel for mothers day weekend,everybody was well looked after as usual.the large room was clean and airy,we just turned the radiator off as it was too warm.breakfast was okay,very basic,no croissants or pastries.the dinners were okay,can't expect freshly prepared food for so many people.the staff in front and behind the scenes coped really well serving seven hundred meals on sunday!the music in the bar on both nights was good.on sundat night Kevin Durkan was excellent singing a variety,even sang The Town I Loved So Well for the Derry group.can't thank the staff enough,its refreshing to see local people employed in a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I attended a wedding here and stayed overnight. The meal was excellent, probably the best wedding meal I ever had. This was the eight wedding in 12 months. The choices for each course were great, ( I know this is the choice of the Bride and Groom) but the taste and quality of the food was simply delicious, I had Caesar Salad, Duck a la orange and baked Alaska. the bedrooms are very spacious, clean crisp white linen, All in all a very good experience.

Room Tip: Second floor room with a view of the duns.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GalwayGal1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Ocean Sands Hotel
#5 of 9 in Ballina
Mount Falcon Estate
Mount Falcon Estate
#1 of 9 in Ballina

Been to Diamond Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!