“In need of a makeover!”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“In need of a makeover!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited one afternoon with the 3 kids and the kids did have a ball in the water and on the waterslide, but from an adults point of view it does need a serious makeover and revamping, the place looks like it hasn't been painted since the 80's! The changing rooms were not very clean either, nappies etc on the ground but I suppose that's just dirty people in general who can't pick up their waste after themselves. I would bring the kids back again but may not go into the pool myself the next time!!

Visited August 2013

58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Not good and not great”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here when I was young and came back once last year with a friend, its never the same. It's still the same old shabby swimming place. The pool is extremely cold that it can easily put you off and easily give you a cold but it is good to cool you off on a hot day, I have to say! Also the decor is filthy and full of stains which seriously needs a makeover. The whole place needs a makeover! It's not as better as Waterworld in Bundoran as they have multiple slides,more fitting rooms, the decor is swanky new and mulitiple pools to chose from. I would love to see Waterpoint like that! The only advantage of the place is the cones of the ice cream of your choice.

Visited August 2012
Omagh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“waste of money”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Prices for this place are a disgrace for what you are presented with. Below basic pools, cold and not very clean. Awful. Was sick to think my husband and I had to pay 18euro to bring our 2 year old into this. Do not waste your money.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Oonagh M
Galway, Ireland
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Deterioration of the worst kind.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Visited here twice in 2010 and as staying in Sligo "City", just had to pop out here again. On the Tesco Vouchers Days Out so completely free for us to enter.

We had a lovely picnic outside in the lawn area and while we were there we noticed everything looking a bit shabby, hedges, lawn etc. Lines of stained rust from where metal roof meets the plaster totally destroying the look of a beautiful building, so simple to paint over.

Lockers changed from coin to key so great.

Immediately my husband notices the dirt. Real dampener. Had to go to three lockers in order to find a clean one. Loose grit in kids pool, dirt on the tiled floor, glass screens up around the seating chairs near the Jacuzzi in the over 16's area FILTHY and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Rust building up everywhere. My husband left the pool area fairly quick, would have seeked a refund if had paid full asking price of €9 an adult and €6 a child (€36).

On the positive side my eldest two enjoyed the waterslide 100% and stayed longer than us as it was so great.

There is a large playground up around the back and our shock and horror at the state of it. Grass has taken over the lovely barked area.

This such a shame and really if Waterpoint themselves cant afford to maintain the facilities, why not organise a volunteer day to get the place in shape offering a free swim etc to volunteers. one just has to think outside the box sometimes. Shame as this is a fabulous attraction to have in any town.

Visited June 2013
“Steer clear”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

unhygienic and overpriced. Pool was absolutely Filthy. May as well have been swimming in a toilet. Vulgar. My sons changing room had a used sanitary towel swept into the drain. Place should be shut down immediately.