“AMAZING - - Perfect for our wedding day”
Review of Ocean Sands Hotel

Ocean Sands Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had our wedding here on the 8th June 2013 and as the title says was amazing. The food was fabulous all the guests commented on it. The service was next to none and I have nothing but praise for Teresa and all her staff including Cillian, Aoife and Clare. The attention to detail with our tables, personalised menu etc was great. The function room look amazing on the day. We were blessed to have spectacular weather and the view from the function room was fab. In the evening we had candles outside on the tables and pictures outside with the sunset. Very romantic. The accommodation was great. Our suite had its own balcony. Guests were happy with their accommodation and it was reasonably priced. All I can say is if you are considering the Oceans Sands for your wedding don't hesitate. Once again my husband and I would like to thank the staff for their wonderful service. Yvonne and Paul Swindells

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel was so dirty and unsanitary that my family and I left the day we checked in. We were still charged and there were stains on the chairs and the carpet was DISGUSTING. When I walked in the first thing I said was how it smelled like a teenage boy's room... you can imagine how that would smell.....I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for our friends wedding which took place in another hotel in the village. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Due to a rather late finish at the wedding, we overslept and missed breakfast, so never got to check out the food. Our fault entirely!! We had a great sea view from our window. The room rate was extremely reasonable and I would have no hesitation in coming back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I visited for a friend's wedding. The staff were very friendly. The food was excellent. I have problems with my back having had a number of operations but the beds were very comfortable. I woke in the morning after a very good night's sleep with none of the aches and pains that often accompany a sleep in an unfamiliar bed.
My only criticism is the service in the bar was very slow at times. I paid €5 for a pint bottle of bulmers which was less than I pay in my local at home.
The area boasts a very fine beach which is just behind the hotel.
I could easily see myself spending a few days on holiday in this hotel.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on valentines night .we were greeted with a smile and a lovely receptionist .room was lovely and clean and the view of the sea outside our window was unbeatable .beds and room were spotless .beach is literally out the back of the hotel .after arriving back from our walk .champagne , a box of chocs , strawberries and cream and a rose had been left in our room and displayed lovely .dinner that evening lovely restaurant staff kind and chatty .overall we had a great time staff couldn't do enough for us .i have a nut allergy and they catered well for it .we would recommend this hotel highly .if every hotel could be this helpful and friendly it would be a blessing .well done to all the staff here they are an absolute credit and thank you for everything .joanne and Dave .

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Myself and my family,my brother and his family and my parents all stayed here over the June bank holiday weekend. Even though the hotel was busy the service and attention from the staff was first class. The rooms were lovely and my brother was upgraded to the presidential suite which they loved as its fantastic!
The location is fantastic right on the beach and so child friendly! I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and they were made to feel so welcome! All the meals were beautiful and we all enjoyed them!
We are all planning on a return visit this summer!
Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank lauranewell82
Reviewed June 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. The meals and service were excellent. The location of this hotel is ideal for the beach. I would recommend this hotel to both couples and famalies. The restaurant was always busy and the food was consistantly good.
We had a beautiful room overlooking the sea and this was the icing on the cake for our stay. We will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Diamond Coast Hotel
Belleek Castle
Belleek Castle
#3 of 9 in Ballina
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Ocean Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!