“Excellent one night stay for a wedding”
Review of Ocean Sands Hotel

Ocean Sands Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Sligo, Ireland
“Excellent one night stay for a wedding”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I visited for a friend's wedding. The staff were very friendly. The food was excellent. I have problems with my back having had a number of operations but the beds were very comfortable. I woke in the morning after a very good night's sleep with none of the aches and pains that often accompany a sleep in an unfamiliar bed.
My only criticism is the service in the bar was very slow at times. I paid €5 for a pint bottle of bulmers which was less than I pay in my local at home.
The area boasts a very fine beach which is just behind the hotel.
I could easily see myself spending a few days on holiday in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on valentines night .we were greeted with a smile and a lovely receptionist .room was lovely and clean and the view of the sea outside our window was unbeatable .beds and room were spotless .beach is literally out the back of the hotel .after arriving back from our walk .champagne , a box of chocs , strawberries and cream and a rose had been left in our room and displayed lovely .dinner that evening lovely restaurant staff kind and chatty .overall we had a great time staff couldn't do enough for us .i have a nut allergy and they catered well for it .we would recommend this hotel highly .if every hotel could be this helpful and friendly it would be a blessing .well done to all the staff here they are an absolute credit and thank you for everything .joanne and Dave .

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Myself and my family,my brother and his family and my parents all stayed here over the June bank holiday weekend. Even though the hotel was busy the service and attention from the staff was first class. The rooms were lovely and my brother was upgraded to the presidential suite which they loved as its fantastic!
The location is fantastic right on the beach and so child friendly! I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and they were made to feel so welcome! All the meals were beautiful and we all enjoyed them!
We are all planning on a return visit this summer!
Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lauranewell82
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed June 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. The meals and service were excellent. The location of this hotel is ideal for the beach. I would recommend this hotel to both couples and famalies. The restaurant was always busy and the food was consistantly good.
We had a beautiful room overlooking the sea and this was the icing on the cake for our stay. We will be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful! Meal was nice (good decent portions) and the staff were quite efficient with the service. Hotel is in a nice setting in the town, with good views and short walking distance to the beach. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank staticsteve
Ballymote, Ireland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

After meeting with several other hotels, we selected the Ocean Sands for our wedding reception in January. Teresa and all the staff made us feel special from the get-go!
The food is amazing - so much that some of our guests still speak about it to this very day! Everything was perfect - from the food, to the correspondence - right down to the table service. We honestly could not have asked for a better wedding experience and a large part of that is down to the care and attention to detail that Teresa put into our day. We just want to say thank you and we hope this will encourage other couples to seek the Ocean Sands out for their special day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with friendly staff and really comfortable beds. It boasts stunning views out over the Atlantic Ocean. Food was quite nice too. Handy location in the middle of enniscrone village. Would reccomend

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Diamond Coast Hotel
Great National Hotel Ballina
The Ice House Hotel
The Ice House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Ballina

Been to Ocean Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!