“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Galway, Ireland
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I did not stay here. stopped off here for a late lunch last week. The bar is nicely decorated and i had high hopes for a lovely lunch. The menu was appaling for a hotel -the lack of choice was unbelievable. As we were starving we both had the soup. It lacked flavour and was overpriced. Staff were very busy chatting amongst themselves to ask how everything was or if we wanted anything else. we paid the bill, left quickly never to return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank holidayz_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very good clean hotel ,food excellent. Staff were very helpful (especially the waitress who served us with breakfast) we had a problem with heating but staff sorted it out without a fuss. Will stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Westport, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Both times it was a group outing in which i had no control over the choice of hotel. After the first stay in 2011 i promised myself i would never return. The staff were very intimidating at reception. I tried to be friendly to set a good atmosphere between us but they were just so grumpy that i gave up. We had a meal here also. The soup was nothing special, i found the chicken quite dry and the dessert was okay. My room was quite small and the toilet rocked and moved when i used it. I thought the matress was quite hard also.
Much to my annoyance the group chose to stay at this hotel in 2012 as they found the price quite reasonable. I was dreading going back but i did anyways and there was no improvement in any aspects of the stay.I would have prefered to pay abit extra for a nicer hotel. I have recently began to recieve text messages from the hotel informing me of offers on stays. This only adds to my frustration. I would ring up and ask them to stop but i really do not want to have to deal with the staff so i'll just put up with it. It really is a huge no from me on this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura M
County Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Was at a wedding here in Oct 12 and it was fantastic. The food was the best I have had at a wedding. We had vol au vent, soup, steak and dessert plate.

Staff all lovely and helpful. The champagne for the drinks reception was gorgeous!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Claremorris, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We got married at the Ocean Sands Hotel in September and I can't rate this hotel highly enough. Before we were ever engaged we knew this was the place we wanted to have our wedding. The hotel is in the centre of the town with the most amazing views of the beach from the veranda behind the hotel. The decor is lovely inside and the reception area is very welcoming having recently been renovated. Quite alot of the rooms have a beautiful view of the sea with the bridal suite having the best view with a beautiful balcony. From the moment we booked our wedding here Teresa (Wedding co-ordinator) was the most helpful person you could ask to meet. Anything you want-the Ocean Sands can do. That was the feeling we got from them. Any email I sent in relation to the wedding was answered within 24hrs and that was the longest I had to wait most were answered within an hour or two. They are just so helpful when it comes to picking centre pieces and colour co-ordinating everything. The package they offer for weddings is amazing value. Everything is included which means there is nothing for the bride and groom to worry about the hotel takes care of everything. On the day they took care of us and our guests from beginning to end. We couldn't fault the food or the service. Their staff are a credit to them, ensuring all guests were topped up throughout the meal wether it was water/wine or anything else. We dreamed of the perfect wedding and that is what we received at the Ocean Sands. This hotel should not be overlooked by anyone wether it be a wedding or a few days away, you are guaranteed to be taken very good care of. I look forward to staying here again very soon.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a seaview room to take in those amazing beach views!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mayo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Firstly I should say this is a review for my Wedding Reception. Saying that, I can't speak highly enough of this place though.
Myself, my wife and everyone of our guests had the perfect day from start to finish. Everything we asked for on the day was delivered to an exceptional standard. One thing that stood out for me was the amount of staff and the level of service they provided. There was never any waiting at the bar for drinks, the food came out very quickly and was truly excellent.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone else for their Wedding.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Myself, my wife and our three year old son stayed in this hotel for three nights over the October bank holiday weekend. We booked one of the family rooms, which was huge with loads of space and a view of the beach. The staff were very friendly (especially the breakfast room lady) and made us feel at home. We had dinner in the hotel one of the nights. The service was great and the food was excellent. There was a wedding on the first night we were there and I expected some noise late in the night but are room was off to the side of the building and we weren't disturbed at all. The only negative comment I have is regarding the Pebbles kids playroom that is advertised. We used it once as it was raining one of the afternoons. It was a great option to have but the room is a bit shaby and the equipment and toys a bit worn and jaded. It could do with a bit of a refresh. Overall, we were delighted with our stay for a very reasonable price and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a family room away from the main hotel building (Room 8 is great!)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jonsmoke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Diamond Coast Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,241 reviews
Ballina Manor Hotel
Ballina Manor Hotel
#6 of 9 in Ballina

Been to Ocean Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!