“Badly needs to upgrade rooms”
Review of Atlantic Apartotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bundoran
Atlantic Apartotel
dublin
“Badly needs to upgrade rooms”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Apartments really need to be upgraded. Sitting room,kitchen,bedrooms not to bad but bathroom was a disgrace no hand rail for getting out of bath after shower, no slip mat in bath. Bundoran is a great place with plenty for all to do. Atlantic has a lot going on for the children to enjoy pool,pitch and putt,playground,crazy golf and entertainment every evening which allow children in with no time limit. The staff are very pleasant and helpful very welcoming and there is a nice feel in the 51 bar.But really does need to start upgrading the apartments and maybe adding in a laundry room on the premises also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank traceyod1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Only back from a three day break, this place needs a good clean up. Rooms are ok for a short stay but need a good good clean. I felt like the beds had been changed floors hovered and let it out again. This place has lots going for it but the management need to send money on it to bring it up to standard throw out old furniture give walls a paint and make sure places get cleaned properly. I think its an awful shame having such a good set up, play ground, pool, crazy golf, pitch and putt and entertainment every night its great for a family holiday but the rooms are a big let down and wouldn.t bring you back a second time.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank prend
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked the August bank holiday weekend - a C type apartment (1 bedroom - sleeps 4). I don't know where to even start with the issues . Firstly we arrived at the reception area and waited 10 minutes before we were seen by anyone. Then when this member of staff arrived they did not know how to book us in and we were told to ring a number on a red telephone on the reception desk. We done so. Another member of staff arrived to book us in - a very pleasant man I have to say. We were brought to our apartment by a young girl who explained everything to us. After she left we proceeded to get ourselves settled in with our 2 little girls. Straight away it was evident that although the bed sheets had been changed the apartment had not been cleaned. I began to clean the floor (yes on my holidays - on my knees washing a floor!!!) The water was black dirty from the floor and I found pubic hairs on the floor also. The bathroom and bedroom had spider webs on them, heavy dust on the window ledges (a big no no,,, my 2 year old is asthmatic), the sink in the bathroom is cracked, cracks on the wall in the sitting room, the leather 2 seater in the sitting room was dirty, the underneath of the top bunk bed was blood stained as were the walls on the right hand side on entering the apartment from the hallway. There was mould on the windows and the curtains are old and tattered. Everytime we cooked something in the oven the smoke alarm would howl as there are no oven trays to prevent dripping onto the bottom of the oven and also no grill tray. The kettle had an oily film on it every time we filled it with water - even when using bottled water. All of that just for starters. If we had been staying any longer than 3 nights I would have walked out there and then. We did try to find alternative accommodation - however due to the ban holiday weekend everything else was booked up. The beds are a disgrace, 2 mattress on each of the single beds to try and alleviate the pain of the bad bed base's! The bed I was sleeping in sinks on one side and I spent each night rolling out of the bed as a result. The other single bed as so bad you could feel the mattress coils in the mattress fully! So we eventually reluctantly had to accept our lot for a few days .. Friday night was fine and then the trouble started. This place is advertised as family friendly. While it does supply all necessary for young children (swimming pool, playground area, crazy golf {all good}) it is not a family environment due to the allowance of some clientele to behave irresponsibly. On saturday night we were subjected to our drunk neighbours hurling abuse at each other, cursing, shouting extremely loudly and name calling. This started at about 11 am and continued through till about 4am in the morning with no interference from staff (they were probably in fear for their own lives!!). Result - up all night with a tired 2 year old and 4 year old, crying every time they heard what was going on next door. The same happened again on Sunday night. Bottom line, if you want to enjoy Bundoran and surrounding area, find somewhere else to stay. Accommodation is not even 1 star never mind 3. i have photos of the dirt if anyone is interested in evidence. I am also so disgusted with the premises and how it is managed that I am writing to Bord Failte to officially complain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank sineadstaszak
HolidayApartments, Owner at Atlantic Apartotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time & trouble to provide detailed feedback about your stay at Atlantic Apartotel.
It is most disappointing that your experience was so poor, and as you contacted us directly after your departure, we were able to take corrective action and refund the entire cost of your stay. However, we do wish that you did not have such a situation to contend with, and we again express our sincere apologies.
As discussed in our letter to you following your departure, it is very important that guests report any issues they have to us immediately. We have a team available 24 hours a day to assist with anything needed.
We make considerable efforts to ensure that all aspects of a holiday break with us are presented to the agreed standards. Poor standards of cleanliness are unacceptable under any circumstances and we are committed to ensuring a similar incident never re-occurs.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was very aprehensive about coming here after some of the reviews I read however the management obviously takes very serious the complaints that were made. The room was grand,pool was clean and the staff were absolutely lovely. The price was really cheap compared to other places in Ireland and there was plenty to do for all the family. I wouldn't read any bad reviews on this the place was great.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank haras-enworb
HolidayApartments, Manager at Atlantic Apartotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences during your recent stay at Atlantic Apartotel. We do take very seriously all feedback received and act upon it. We are pleased that you found our accommodation to be excellent value for money.
Ireland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here in July with my wife and young child. We enjoyed our stay. The accommodation is pretty basic and could be doing with an upgrade but it doesn't claim to be anything other than basic and the rates reflect that. It is centrally located, a short walk to the beach, amusements and has bars, restaurants and a supermarket on the door step. It can be noisy at night, but that is to be expected in the centre of Bundoran in the summer. The facility has two bars, a small indoor pool, pool table and a few video games. There is also a garden to the rear, unfortunately during our stay it was occupied by a group of adults who chose to drink most of the day and night and largely ignore their kids, preferring to shout at them from a distance - however that was their choice and no reflection on the management at the Atlantic who we found to be hospitable and responsive. All things considered we enjoyed our break as the weather was great, accommodation was keenly priced and centrally located.

Room Tip: I expect the rooms that face out onto the street will be a bit noisier at night, although they do lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your positive review of your recent stay at Atlantic Apartotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and that you could take advantage of the wonderful July weather this year.
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I stayed here for 3 nights in July. When shown to our room it was very dingy, and very small, I knew I couldn't stay there so asked was there any better quality rooms available. The receptionist transferred us to a bigger apartment and said it was the only other available one. So we had to make do even though I've never stayed anywhere so basic before. The entire complex needs updating, everything is so dated and grubby. In our room I felt I had to clean everywhere before I could even sit down, there were silverfish on the cooker and in the bathroom. Cobwebs everywhere, hairs in bathroom, mould on windows, dirty marks on the walls. The sofa had tried to be patched up with leather patches but still had holes in it. The bunk bed mattresses were extremely hard (my husband had to sleep on one as the double bed in the other room wasn't very big and pressed up against the wall with a table at the end so not suitable for 2 people). The crockery was all mismatched and nearly all were chipped which is very unhygienic. The cutlery was dirty too. The lead from the kettle was burnt so we didnt trust turning it on. The location is good apart from when its bedtime as the noise outside and downstairs from the bars didn't stop until the early hours. I wish i could say it was cheap and cheerful but cheerful it was not. I couldn't wait to get back to my clean house!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Rhoho
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experiences of your recent stay.
It sounds like our standards of housekeeping have fallen very much below the standard we would accept on this occasion, and I sincerely apologise.
Unfortunately I was unaware of this whilst you were here and did not have the opportunity to rectify any of these shortcomings. We have noted carefully the points you have raised and are carrying out an investigation to avoid future occurences.
I would welcome the opportunity to apologise personally to you and discuss a means of restoring your confidence in us. Please feel free to contact me at john@atlanticapartotel.ie
County Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here 5 years ago and had a good experience however this time around the accommodation was disappointing. It is very run down, the handle fell off the fridge and the lady receptionist had said she would have fixed, she never did. It is in need of modernisation! The apartment was very small and we all slept in one very small bedroom, in the heat it was very uncomfortable, also we were right opposite the two pubs at the front of the building so there was noise and with 2 young boys this wasn't ideal. We paid 225 euro for 3 nights which based on our experience wasn't worth the standard of accommodation we received. Unfortunately we wouldn't recommend and won't be returning.

Room Tip: Opt for a bigger apartment at the side of the building
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Harbourlady
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay.
I am very disappointed that the shortcomings you experienced on this occasion meant that your visit was unlike your previous, very positive holiday break.
I sincerely apologise for this and will be in contact to try and restore your confidence in us.