“Beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fox's Lair Bar & Restaurant

Fox's Lair Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Bundoran
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a homely bar & restaurant just of the main street with a full bar available. We cater for all occasions and our is aim is to provide you the most enjoyable relaxing evening possible, from when you com in the door you can sit and relax in-front of the open fire in our bar and have a drink while we take your order and prepare you food an once ready you will be shown to you table in our tranquil dinning room.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My dad has always rated this place and I have never tried it so coming down to bundoran my dad insisted he took us for a meal here. There was my mum, dad, partner, myself and my 8 year old son and 2 year old daughter. We booked the table for 7pm on arrival we went into a small bar area were we sat and had a drink and ordered our meal. Everyone ordered a steak including my son from the kids menu. Well the food was delicious the steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides that came with the meal was to die for. We all had starters as well and there was no complaints. I can't remember the last time we had a meal so good. The price was very reasonable for 4 starters, 4 steaks, 1 kids steak, 1 kids dinner, 2 extra side orders and an ice cream the cost was just over €100. Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank angela m

• Polish first
Drogheda, Ireland
“Lovely Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant, there is a bar area where drinks are served on arrival. The staff are very friendly. Our food order was taken while we had a drink in the bar. We were brought into the restaurant when our starters were ready. The scallops were devine, the main course of lamb, and Chicken stuffed with crab were cooked perfectly and the sauces were amazing. Wer had desserts of Christmas pudding and Chocolate cake, both were delicious. There is an excellent choice on the menu. This is an excellent restaurant and I would highly recommeded it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rosaleen47
Munich, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Remarkably good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We went to the Fox's Lair on a recommendation but weren't expecting such remarkable food. The first taste was one of those moments where you stop and think how?... and why?... in a little place like Bundoran? It was incredibly good. We were first taken into the bar for a drink and to study the menu. We ordered starters (crab claws and scallops) and mains (sea trout and monkfish tails). After a while, our table was ready. The scallops were the best I've ever had. The house wine was really good too for the price. The fish was delicious and the sauce was excellent. The vegetables were just right and the chips were to die for. The desserts looked wonderful, but we reckoned we couldn't do them justice and opted to share a cheese plate instead. This is a superb restaurant and we will definitely be back, because I'd like to try the desserts and I've read here that the steaks are very good. Next time I'm in the vicinity, I'm going to eat there again! Excellent food and great value!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Willy B
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing Steak, fantastic value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a meal in The Foxe's Lair, Bundoran. We went there on recommendation and we weren't disappointed. Initially shown to the bar for a drink and to study the menu, we sat next to an open fire in comfortable surroundings. We chose from the Set menu, great value at two courses for €20' three for €25. We ordered Mussels and the Deep fried Brie for starters and both went for Sirloin Steaks as a main. The starters were delicious. The steaks were just magnificent. Both cooked to perfection, served with peppered sauce and a medley of perfectly cooked vegetables and chips. We both struggled to finish and any intention of a dessert disappeared due to the size of the main. Staff were friendly and merited a tip. I really would have liked to have tried a dessert (I had spied another table receiving what looked like a delicious choice), but neither of us had any space left. This is a superb restaurant and we will definitely be back, but do not eat too much the day you go! Great food, great service and tremendous value.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Michael D
Leitrim, Ireland
“Great Value Restaurant, Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Situated beside the Garda station, and it being out-of-season in Bundoran, this restaurant was quiet when we visited, with just a few local couples dining. The food was excellent and portion sizes were enormous. Well worth it acquiring a dog so that you have an reason to take home a doggy-bag! Service was very friendly, and the whole place had a relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommended, and well worth a visit - especially if you're VERY hungry.

• Visited September 2013