“hotel ok,but staff very rude” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Holyrood Hotel

The Holyrood Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bundoran
monaghan
“hotel ok,but staff very rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

just back from a weekend stay with my partner and nine month old baby.booked it through the super valu breaks and was treated badly because of this,even tough we still paid 150euro for 2 nights b&b.we were put in a room about ten minutes walk from the lift down three flights of stairs,and when i complained i was told it was a quieter part of the hotel for the baby and to leave the pram in the lobby!we were told we could change rooms on the second night,we still had to encounter 4 steps altough the room was of a far better quality then the first,which had a strange smell in the bathroom.we requested a cot and are still waiting on it!all in all staff were rude and unhelpful.leisure centre was good but could do with a good clean.i definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank crescent31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Co. Offaly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

I booked the Holyrood Hotel for myself my husband and my 3 children on recommendation from friends. My kids aged 13,6,and 4 had the best holiday ever all because of the hotel's kids club and the entertainment provided. The supervisors there were just brilliant especailly Ciaran & Colette, the kids went swimming , to the cinema, played games and met lots of friends. Myself and my husband just relaxed ! The hotel itself is in the centre of the town of Bundoran, near to everything. The rooms are spacious enough for a family of 5 and the food is really good. What's best of all is the value for money. I have booked again for this July and the price is still the same as last year . My kids can't wait

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonnie0774
MEATH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

Myself and a large group of friends have recently come back from a very pleasurable and most enjoyable stay in Bundoran. It was an added bonus that the weather was gorgeous. I did note the reviews that were posted for the Holyrood, but I must say, that our stay was first class. Food, staff, service was excellent. Few of my friends had special diets, but this was not a problem for the staff, only to willing to accommodate them. Musical entertainment was second to none. Very good sing along's with the various musician's. Kevin was very good.
I would have no problem in recommending the Holyrood to any of my friends and family. We also met Brian Mc Eniff too. Very nice man.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank BIDDYMEATH
N.Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

Lets just say you get what you pay for. £135 for 2 nights bed and breakfast and 1 evening meal for 2 people staying for the weekend in high season - what do you expect?? The hotel staff were all very friendly, breakfast was fine and our evening meal was nice too, not wonderful but definitely acceptable for the price paid. The hotel definitely needs updating and many areas are very grubby and rooms are very basic. The spa is fine although not very well finished and for being so new, the carpeted halls leading down to the spa look about 20 years old and are filthy and tatty. All in all I did enjoy my stay with my husband and friends, but that was because I did not expect much of the hotel due to the small price we had paid. I would stay again purely for a cheap weekend away with friends. I read in a previous review that a lady had booked for 2 nights, but had to leave after one night and expected to only pay for one night. What nonsense, every hotel would charge you for the duration you had booked originally, it is not their problem if you have to leave early!! Don't go to this hotel if you are looking comfort and style, do go if its just for somewhere to rest your head on a party weekend! I would only recomend this hotel to anyone looking a 'cheap break away'

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jamcar77

Travelers are raving about these Bundoran hotels

galway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

Dont know where to begin with this review my husband and i decided to book a hotel for
our wedding anniversary so we picked bundoran because we heard from other people its great place for kids as we were taking our two boys with us .
we arrived at the hotel the man on the front desk was very nice to us helpful and all that comes with checking in to a hotel we got checked in quite quick the one thing i did'nt like when i checked in was the phone rang twice and he answered it which i thought was quite rude . We headed to the life to go to our room when we got to the floor we were staying on the door opened on the lift we stepped out on to carpet that had'nt seen a vacum in about 6 months we went in to our room the room was spacious looked clean until i went in to the bathroom which i would'nt wash my dog in it . The smell was terrible there was mould around the rim of the bath later that evening i got a call to go home so i let the man know at the check in desk i would be leaving in the morning as we were booked for 2 nights .so in the morning i went to check out and the girl behind the desk was so rude and ignorant and had the cheek to try charge me for the 2 nights i had words with her i paid for 1 night and headed to the dining room for breakfast which was terrible the sausages u could have bounced them off the wall

All in all it was the worst hotel i ever stayed in so if u have any sence u would not stay there hope this is helpful

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

myself and my girlfriend stayed here in june for a weekend, to be honest we had to laugh at the place it was soo bad... I dont know who was the man on reception, but he was the most ignorant person ever, curseing under his breath, nearly giving out that we had the cheek to check in... the room on the first floor was so bad, the door would not even lock properly. everything creaked and the bathroom was filthy. it was like the hotel del boy stayed on the jolly boys outing in Brighton all those years ago.
the owners of this hotel better start to seriously think about knocking this place and starting again. the biggest smoking room in Ireland??? big wow.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — handing over the cash
  • Stayed June 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank irishmagoo81
Derry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2008

My wife and i stayed at the hotel and, i have to say that it was the worst experience ever, the spa was dirty, there was nobody at reception to air my concerns to only a man called Marty or martin, he was so rude and didnt want to listen to me. how in this day in age can hotels hire these kind of people. It costs nothing to have manners. i asked to speak to his manager and he told me that he has no manager as he was the general manager!!! this was hard to believe as he stood there with his shirt hanging out and not clean shavin.! i gave up, i was there to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. we stayed that night and left the following morning, and suprise suprise he was there on check out, he asked us if we enjoyed our stay!!! I NEARLY CRYED! Seriously how can this man be imployeed there, after me voicein my concerns to him the day before! NEVER AGAIN WILL I RETURN

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Fionas5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundoran
Great Northern Hotel
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
Sandhouse Hotel
Sandhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh

Been to The Holyrood Hotel? Share your experiences!