All reviews country music quay west dance hall saturday night great night bar staff would highly recommend this hotel bar food great entertainment hotel staff brilliant hotel night porter staff were so friendly weekend break evening meal live music my mum
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed stayed here for a wee holiday. Since it’s by the sea we got the deluxe sea view room. The room was clean, tidy and very modern. My boyfriend loved waking up in the morning and watching the surfers heading out for their daily surf. The staff are really friendly they never pass you. On one of the nights there was a country singer in now I’m not a fan of country music my self but he was very good my boyfriend seemed to enjoy it we also had dinner there one night as well the food is great I had the Mexican fajita and my god I’m glad I didn’t go for a starter because the wrap was huge they are not shy on the portions! there was a English couple next to me and they ordered the same thing as me with a starter I’m shocked they eat the lot . We will definitely will be back. If you’re ever visiting Bundoran stay in the Allingham Arms the Craic is mighty

If I was to complain about one thing it would be the little free shampoo and hand cream isn’t cruelty free I’ve recently stopped using products that are tested on animals looking on the back of these products it said “made in China” and I know that China test on animals. But that’s a personal choice not to use these products and I wouldn’t slate the hotel for it because it’s so minor.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Many thanks for your recent review and I am delighted to read that both you and your boyfriend enjoyed the break. We have a great team of staff who are always willing to go that extra mile for our guests. I will pass on your kind comments to each department. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to the Allingham in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Our room was situated over an entertainment lounge that partied until 4am!! Now this is great if that is the purpose of your trip but not for us. I would have estimated that there was approximately 30 people queuing for breakfast which was very cool, mediocre and lacked in selection or taste.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank CathyMcMullan
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Thank you for your review. All customers are welcome in our hotel regardless of their age and yes we are an entertainment hotel which is advertised on national papers, our website and all social media outlets. Unfortunately we cannot dictate when guests go for breakfast and this does lead to queues but the majority of people who tend to come down at a later stage of the morning seems to understand this.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

This is certainly not a 4 star standard property. Convenient to stay while in bundoran. Eating in restaurant in evening you have to go up and order your own food and PAY for it before getting it. Stayed in hotels all over Ireland but this was certainly a first for us. No one ever checked with us the two evenings we ate in restaurant if we needed anything or if food was ok. Our child had nuggets one evening but you couldnt cut them were that tough so were left untouched. Food in general not up to standard and pricey.

1  Thank Ann C

Thank you for your recent review. This policy was implemented some years ago as unfortunately we had too many customers leaving without paying their bills and no business can operate like this, we have been working like this for some time now and it works very well. I will pass on your concerns to the relevant department.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

18 of us stayed here lastnight the 27th August for a hen party. We only had one problem, we never stayed for 2 nights. The owner Peter himself was more than helpful getting things sorted for us as were his staff extremely efficient and helpful. Would most definitely recommend this place to anyone. I myself have stayed here many times for the country nights and it was great too. A special thankyou to Peter and his staff for a great memory. Everything was so clean and food 1st class.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Many thanks for your recent review. You will all have to return for that second night in the near future, it was our pleasure to look after you all. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team. I wish you all the best for your upcoming celebrations.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Only used the bar for drinks and food,
Well run bar and lounge with nice bar food.
Busy spot with music and entertainment events. Very good location and well staffed. Front lounge has nice sea views.
The hotel has ample car parks as well as free public parking across the road

Trip type: Traveled with family

Many thanks for your recent review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Allingham in the near future.