All reviews country music quay west dance hall saturday night great night pleasant stay weekend break would highly recommend this hotel brilliant hotel great entertainment hotel staff bar food staff were so friendly top class live music the main street peter
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in the middle of Bundoran for one night B&B with 3 kids last week during the Irish heatwave and was delighted with everything. the staff were helpful and courteous, the room lovely, the breakfast fantasic. Excellent for familes and couples and good music at night in the lounge and not expensive. Lovely big beach in Bundoran itself with plenty of places to eat.would def stay again. I asked for a quiet room, and got it, we had a lovely nights sleep on comfortable beds.

Room tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank mumof3Ireland
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad that you enjoyed your short break away, I will pass your kind comments on to the staff. Thank you for pointing out that we are ideal for both families and couples, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last year and found room old and dated but was pleasantly surprised this visit, room was much nicer, and not as dated, reception staff were very friendly, only downfall was room was above something which made a lot of noise all night, maybe a fan or jets in a kitchen

1  Thank anastacia R

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad that you were able to experience some of the improvements we make to the hotel on an annual basis. We endeavour to carry out work on a particular area of the hotel each winter to enable us to maintain the quality and move with the times. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed in the Allingham for 3 nights b&b and I have to say the moment I entered the hotel the receptionist was friendly so I knew I was off to a good start . Had a problem with the card key to enter my room but returned to reception and instantly the girl changed the card for me and I was on my way again. room was what I paid for nice décor had most essentials ie kettle hairdryer the only downfall was no iron had to be got at reception .Breakfast was well done and plenty for everybody and staff were helpful and it was nice to have a friendly face greet you as you entered well done to all staff there. I tried the bar food and the staff were pleasant and food was served quickly and nicely presented . I also attented the music events in the hotel all weekend and I have to say it was most enjoyable well done to the dj before the shows and also to security I felt so secure with so many attending and everything was runs so smooth .Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to young and old alike and well done Donegal the most friendly people I have ever met . Cant wait to return soon .

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank liam g

Thank you for your recent review and for your kind comments in relation to the hotel and staff. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is very fair for the price paid. Staff friendly and helpful and room very clean with all you require. Breakfast was good with an efficient staff. It was very hot when we stayed in a sea view room. We had to have the window open since there is no a/c...understandable due to the normal climate for the area. However the noise from the street went on until 4.30 am wtih revellers walking past shouting and screeching and even a coach picking up parties in front of hotel in the early hours. We had a long drive the next day and with little sleep felt pretty jaded. As a constructive comment it may be an idea to have some fans available to hire out...I would have paid to have some air circulating and the window closed to shut out some of the noise. The country music I'm sure was excellent, it was just on too late for us with the touring plans we had for the area...certainly a popular and well run hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Judith59_10
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

I will ensure that I pass on your positive feedback to the staff.

I'm sorry that you experienced high levels of noise from the main street, unfortunately as you can imagine, this is something that is totally out of our control. However, your idea in relation to fans is something that we will take on board and hopefully implement in the very near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself could do with a facelift. It was a bit drab but in saying that it was perfectly adequate. I know many people stay there for the country music as I'm not a big fan of country music I was there for the good deal we got & for the location. The room was fine, the shower wasn't the usual standard in a hotel that I would be used to. The bar food was lovely but the bar itself was a bit dull & decor wise felt tired it was also very hot. There was an unusual heat wave while we were there & not a hint of air conditioning. The lobby was lovely & most nights we choose to take our drinks or food out there. The staff were very nice but like I said think its time for a wee make over. Maybe spend a wee bit of that money you make on the country music & put it back into the hotel

1  Thank Bebopadoo

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate all feedback. Predominantly, we are well known as the Capital of Country in the North West, and you are correct in mentioning that many people do stay here because of this however, we also have regular families, groups, tour buses, senior citizen groups and football teams staying with us, even a few celebrities have graced us with their presence.

Due to this we do attempt to appeal to each and every guests individual needs, we offer the bar area, the light and airy café bar area opposite reception, the lobby area, The modern Quay West Bar and the dining room. All of these area's are available to dine or relax within.

I think that I could be right in assuming that this is your first stay with us at the hotel as otherwise, you would be well aware of the renovations we annually carry out during the winter months. This is definitely one of the things that we pride ourselves on being able to do.

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to the staff. We hope you will return to stay with us in the future.