All reviews country music quay west dance hall saturday night deluxe room busy hotel would highly recommend this hotel great weekend great entertainment brilliant hotel check in was quick top class food was fantastic bed and breakfast weekend break tea and coffee staff were so friendly
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last year and found room old and dated but was pleasantly surprised this visit, room was much nicer, and not as dated, reception staff were very friendly, only downfall was room was above something which made a lot of noise all night, maybe a fan or jets in a kitchen

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank anastacia R
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad that you were able to experience some of the improvements we make to the hotel on an annual basis. We endeavour to carry out work on a particular area of the hotel each winter to enable us to maintain the quality and move with the times. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed in the Allingham for 3 nights b&b and I have to say the moment I entered the hotel the receptionist was friendly so I knew I was off to a good start . Had a problem with the card key to enter my room but returned to reception and instantly the girl changed the card for me and I was on my way again. room was what I paid for nice décor had most essentials ie kettle hairdryer the only downfall was no iron had to be got at reception .Breakfast was well done and plenty for everybody and staff were helpful and it was nice to have a friendly face greet you as you entered well done to all staff there. I tried the bar food and the staff were pleasant and food was served quickly and nicely presented . I also attented the music events in the hotel all weekend and I have to say it was most enjoyable well done to the dj before the shows and also to security I felt so secure with so many attending and everything was runs so smooth .Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to young and old alike and well done Donegal the most friendly people I have ever met . Cant wait to return soon .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liam g

Thank you for your recent review and for your kind comments in relation to the hotel and staff. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is very fair for the price paid. Staff friendly and helpful and room very clean with all you require. Breakfast was good with an efficient staff. It was very hot when we stayed in a sea view room. We had to have the window open since there is no a/c...understandable due to the normal climate for the area. However the noise from the street went on until 4.30 am wtih revellers walking past shouting and screeching and even a coach picking up parties in front of hotel in the early hours. We had a long drive the next day and with little sleep felt pretty jaded. As a constructive comment it may be an idea to have some fans available to hire out...I would have paid to have some air circulating and the window closed to shut out some of the noise. The country music I'm sure was excellent, it was just on too late for us with the touring plans we had for the area...certainly a popular and well run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judith59_10
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

I will ensure that I pass on your positive feedback to the staff.

I'm sorry that you experienced high levels of noise from the main street, unfortunately as you can imagine, this is something that is totally out of our control. However, your idea in relation to fans is something that we will take on board and hopefully implement in the very near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself could do with a facelift. It was a bit drab but in saying that it was perfectly adequate. I know many people stay there for the country music as I'm not a big fan of country music I was there for the good deal we got & for the location. The room was fine, the shower wasn't the usual standard in a hotel that I would be used to. The bar food was lovely but the bar itself was a bit dull & decor wise felt tired it was also very hot. There was an unusual heat wave while we were there & not a hint of air conditioning. The lobby was lovely & most nights we choose to take our drinks or food out there. The staff were very nice but like I said think its time for a wee make over. Maybe spend a wee bit of that money you make on the country music & put it back into the hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bebopadoo

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate all feedback. Predominantly, we are well known as the Capital of Country in the North West, and you are correct in mentioning that many people do stay here because of this however, we also have regular families, groups, tour buses, senior citizen groups and football teams staying with us, even a few celebrities have graced us with their presence.

Due to this we do attempt to appeal to each and every guests individual needs, we offer the bar area, the light and airy café bar area opposite reception, the lobby area, The modern Quay West Bar and the dining room. All of these area's are available to dine or relax within.

I think that I could be right in assuming that this is your first stay with us at the hotel as otherwise, you would be well aware of the renovations we annually carry out during the winter months. This is definitely one of the things that we pride ourselves on being able to do.

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to the staff. We hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Popped in for a spot of supper with the wife and family and was pleased with what we all got.

3 starters, 5 mains and 4 drinks about 94 euros.
Not the dearest and not the cheapest but acceptable for a seaside tourist resort.
Only complaint to be had was in regards to the fajita which was "too smoky" but that is individual taste.
The chicken goujons for starters was a nice size and was pleased to see they looked homemade with nice crispy light batter and not bought from a supermarket and fried like a lot of places do.
Main courses of haddock goujons were fresh and tasty.
Burgers were still juicy and moist unlike the terrible burger got earlier in the week up the road at the food kitchen.
The only other issue is the chips were more than likely frozen but aren't they all these days.
Good portions, good service and even though my cousin ordered potatoes and veg they brought him out chips but as soon as this was mentioned it was rectified promptly and he even got to keep the chips so the best of both worlds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at the hotel. It's great to read that you were satisfied with all of your choices from the extensive menu available. I'm glad that the minor error with regards to the side dish was rectified promptly and we hope that you will return to us in the future.