All reviewscountry musicquay westdance hallsaturday nightdeluxe roombusy hotelwould highly recommend this hotelgreat weekendgreat entertainmentbrilliant hotelcheck in was quicktop classfood was fantasticbed and breakfastweekend breaktea and coffeestaff were so friendly
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself could do with a facelift. It was a bit drab but in saying that it was perfectly adequate. I know many people stay there for the country music as I'm not a big fan of country music I was there for the good deal we got & for the location. The room was fine, the shower wasn't the usual standard in a hotel that I would be used to. The bar food was lovely but the bar itself was a bit dull & decor wise felt tired it was also very hot. There was an unusual heat wave while we were there & not a hint of air conditioning. The lobby was lovely & most nights we choose to take our drinks or food out there. The staff were very nice but like I said think its time for a wee make over. Maybe spend a wee bit of that money you make on the country music & put it back into the hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bebopadoo
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate all feedback. Predominantly, we are well known as the Capital of Country in the North West, and you are correct in mentioning that many people do stay here because of this however, we also have regular families, groups, tour buses, senior citizen groups and football teams staying with us, even a few celebrities have graced us with their presence.

Due to this we do attempt to appeal to each and every guests individual needs, we offer the bar area, the light and airy café bar area opposite reception, the lobby area, The modern Quay West Bar and the dining room. All of these area's are available to dine or relax within.

I think that I could be right in assuming that this is your first stay with us at the hotel as otherwise, you would be well aware of the renovations we annually carry out during the winter months. This is definitely one of the things that we pride ourselves on being able to do.

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to the staff. We hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Popped in for a spot of supper with the wife and family and was pleased with what we all got.

3 starters, 5 mains and 4 drinks about 94 euros.
Not the dearest and not the cheapest but acceptable for a seaside tourist resort.
Only complaint to be had was in regards to the fajita which was "too smoky" but that is individual taste.
The chicken goujons for starters was a nice size and was pleased to see they looked homemade with nice crispy light batter and not bought from a supermarket and fried like a lot of places do.
Main courses of haddock goujons were fresh and tasty.
Burgers were still juicy and moist unlike the terrible burger got earlier in the week up the road at the food kitchen.
The only other issue is the chips were more than likely frozen but aren't they all these days.
Good portions, good service and even though my cousin ordered potatoes and veg they brought him out chips but as soon as this was mentioned it was rectified promptly and he even got to keep the chips so the best of both worlds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at the hotel. It's great to read that you were satisfied with all of your choices from the extensive menu available. I'm glad that the minor error with regards to the side dish was rectified promptly and we hope that you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

this is an excellent hotelstaff great and go out of their way to make your stay plesent the entertament at night is mighty food great rooms cleaned every day only thing is there is no pool but there are 2 in the town itself so all in all a very good hotel

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 3 kids aged 12, 8 and 2 went to Bundoran yesterday Sunday 7/7/13 as we do quite frequently (Only 1 hours drive from home) and after spending a full day at the beach basking in the beautiful sun we were all ready for a fulfilling meal. We have eaten in a most places in Bundoran (the last place charged €5.60 for 2 jugs of orange, so it was a definite no no) and it was approx 10 years since we'd visited the Allingham Hotel but decided it was worth a visit because it was in close proximity to us & people we just met at the funfair recommended it to us.
So we dined at the Quay West - The staff were very polite, swift and helpful, particularly the ginger-haired barman/waiter who was friendly & we were quickly given a highchair. My toddler loved their mash & gravy, the Caesar salad was Fab & my husband recommends the haddock gougons & chips which was lovely. I would particularly like to compliment the hotel for NOT charging us for mere jugs of orange!!! Dessert afterwards was delicious & we left with full tummys & not an empty wallet!!!!
Although i cannot comment on the overall hotel (rooms,reception,etc) I would HIGHLY recommend the QUAY WEST to families going to Bundoran looking for delicious but inexpensive food & staff who exercise great customer service!! ;)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank JennyMcQuillan

Dear JennyMcQuillan,

Thank you for your review following your recent meal in Quay West and for your positive comments.

We hope to see you again over the summer.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked in for 2 people originally at 110 euro - was told this included dance. So we thought fine we ll head off from Monaghan for the night - we then booked in another girl at an extra 40 euro so in total they received 150 for the twin room with three sharing..... Anyway we arrived and as there was a sign up saying bar food ended at 6 (which it didnt as food was still being carried in at 9)we went to the restaurant . Nice wee girl serving but it was obvious she hadn't been trained to serve- menu looked ok so we ordered - the duck was rubbery and actually needed to be sawed through- frozen chips. Poor stodgy greasy choc brownies- as we there we had our own discussion over it and said we d just leave it and go to get ready to go out. Another 115 euro between us wasted on inedible scrap - we then went to go into the dance and were asked for 15 euros each- I explained that I was told it was included- we were sent to reception- so a young girl listened to what I said and dismissed what I explained as being false and was so rude. After the awful meal this was not what we needed. Then an older woman came out from somewhere o deal with me and didn't have the attire or manners of management ( I didn't know who I was dealing with) so I explained again to be told very abruptly that she knew who I felt with and she d never make that error and did I seriously think at the money we payed it would be included??? I stated that in comparison to the 140 we payed b and b- for 2 nights we could have had 2 b and b and dinner and dancing.... For 119 each so that rude comment wasnt needed by her. I then after realising I was only getting disrespect for this woman to ask for management or the lady who made the booking. I'm the manager she said half smirking- in total shock I did state that her lack of customer service was disgraceful and no respect given to us at all- it was a matter of "oh well". So to avoided a totally ruined affair we payed in anyway and to my horror I've never seen as bad a set up and a lot of people commented on this while we were there- broken glass and bottles all left lying on the floor. An out and out disgrace as there were old people present with limited mobility. The breakfast was shocking- a man behind me stopped his wife taking the sausages as they weren't even cooked properly. Bacon with more fat than anything and eggs over cooked- grease floating in the sausages- white. Beans and scrambled egg - basic cereal and porridge. That was it! We went elsewhere for breakfast and left it. I couldn't encourage anyone enough to go for the dance but stay elsewhere where you will be appreciated as a customer- with respect, after all there people wouldn't have jobs without custom.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Muineachan
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Firstly, see response to review below as this answers the majority of your rant.

After comparing both reviews you appear to contradict yourselves and each other regularly. Your friend states that the “desserts were lovely” however yours was not so nice?? You “had never seen such a bad a set-up” at the dance however, “you couldn’t encourage anyone enough to go for the dance” (sic)

You had your own discussion following your meal and decided you would “just leave it” maybe you should have done the same with your review/rant as when it comes down to the it, you were just annoyed with the fact that you weren’t provided with free dance tickets.

Finally, we appreciate all of our customers and our GM/staff are regularly quoted by name in reviews for their hospitable and kind nature, therefore your comments with regards to staff member’s service and attire are not welcomed.