All reviews country music quay west dance hall saturday night deluxe room busy hotel would highly recommend this hotel great weekend great entertainment brilliant hotel check in was quick top class food was fantastic bed and breakfast weekend break tea and coffee staff were so friendly
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked in for 2 people originally at 110 euro - was told this included dance. So we thought fine we ll head off from Monaghan for the night - we then booked in another girl at an extra 40 euro so in total they received 150 for the twin room with three sharing..... Anyway we arrived and as there was a sign up saying bar food ended at 6 (which it didnt as food was still being carried in at 9)we went to the restaurant . Nice wee girl serving but it was obvious she hadn't been trained to serve- menu looked ok so we ordered - the duck was rubbery and actually needed to be sawed through- frozen chips. Poor stodgy greasy choc brownies- as we there we had our own discussion over it and said we d just leave it and go to get ready to go out. Another 115 euro between us wasted on inedible scrap - we then went to go into the dance and were asked for 15 euros each- I explained that I was told it was included- we were sent to reception- so a young girl listened to what I said and dismissed what I explained as being false and was so rude. After the awful meal this was not what we needed. Then an older woman came out from somewhere o deal with me and didn't have the attire or manners of management ( I didn't know who I was dealing with) so I explained again to be told very abruptly that she knew who I felt with and she d never make that error and did I seriously think at the money we payed it would be included??? I stated that in comparison to the 140 we payed b and b- for 2 nights we could have had 2 b and b and dinner and dancing.... For 119 each so that rude comment wasnt needed by her. I then after realising I was only getting disrespect for this woman to ask for management or the lady who made the booking. I'm the manager she said half smirking- in total shock I did state that her lack of customer service was disgraceful and no respect given to us at all- it was a matter of "oh well". So to avoided a totally ruined affair we payed in anyway and to my horror I've never seen as bad a set up and a lot of people commented on this while we were there- broken glass and bottles all left lying on the floor. An out and out disgrace as there were old people present with limited mobility. The breakfast was shocking- a man behind me stopped his wife taking the sausages as they weren't even cooked properly. Bacon with more fat than anything and eggs over cooked- grease floating in the sausages- white. Beans and scrambled egg - basic cereal and porridge. That was it! We went elsewhere for breakfast and left it. I couldn't encourage anyone enough to go for the dance but stay elsewhere where you will be appreciated as a customer- with respect, after all there people wouldn't have jobs without custom.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Muineachan
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Firstly, see response to review below as this answers the majority of your rant.

After comparing both reviews you appear to contradict yourselves and each other regularly. Your friend states that the “desserts were lovely” however yours was not so nice?? You “had never seen such a bad a set-up” at the dance however, “you couldn’t encourage anyone enough to go for the dance” (sic)

You had your own discussion following your meal and decided you would “just leave it” maybe you should have done the same with your review/rant as when it comes down to the it, you were just annoyed with the fact that you weren’t provided with free dance tickets.

Finally, we appreciate all of our customers and our GM/staff are regularly quoted by name in reviews for their hospitable and kind nature, therefore your comments with regards to staff member’s service and attire are not welcomed.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Myself and a couple of friends are just back from a night in Bundoran on 29th of June. We dined in the restaurant the waitress that served us was pleasant however the food was not good. My friend and I ordered the duck for the main but we would have needed a steak knife to cut it and it was tasteless but the vegetables were ok and the desert was lovely.
When we booked the hotel we were told by the receptionist our package included one nights b&b and free entry into the dance. We went to the reception to get our free tickets into the dance but they told us that we had to pay in as our package didnt included the price into the dance. The two women at reception called us liars, kept shouting, very abrupt and rude. One of them was claiming to be the manager of the hotel !!?????
We ended up paying 15 euro each this incident and the way we were treated by hotel staff members ruined our stay. We will not be back in this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank monaghanrusty

Thank you for your recent review, Trip advisor is an excellent forum for sharing tips and experiences following your visit to an establishment.

However, it also gives the owner/manager an opportunity to respond fairly. This is something which you told us not to bother doing.

As you state in the first line of your review, “yourself and a couple of friends” came to stay. Can I stress that when you booked you asked for a twin bedroom, which sleeps two people comfortably. You failed to notify us prior to arrival that there would be a third person in your party, as we were fully booked we couldn’t accommodate you in one of our triple rooms therefore we offered you a 15% discount on the third person sharing with you. Once payment had been made you proceeded to accuse our staff member of overcharging you, until you realised you were incorrect with your accusation.

Dance tickets weren’t included in your rate and the Manager (who you seem to question in your review) and receptionist in question attempted to explain this to you on numerous occasions. At no point did they call you liars, they merely defended the member of staff that took your reservation originally and explained that as a person that deals with rates and reservations 5 days per week, it was highly unlikely that she would make a mistake.
We have every faith in the ability of our staff.

With regards to your comments on dinner, none of these issues were raised in the dining room therefore they are very difficult for me to rectify now.

Negative reviews are rare for the hotel and there is a reason for that, we are family run and offer outstanding value for money, we have an excellent team and our service and hospitality is consistent, hence the majority of our guests being repeat and highly recommending us to others.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Back once again but as usual had a brilliant time. Staff lovely especially Carmel. Always a smile on his face and never stops working. Restaurant 5 star. Good menu selection and served beautifully. Thanks to Jason for this. Music was superb every night and also Sat afternoon. And last of all to Peter - an excellent manager who keeps this hotel at the highest standard. It s a long journey for us from Aberdeen but this was our 8th visit and the ninth won't be too far away hopefully. Most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Derlyn
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I will ensure that I pass your compliments on to Kamel, Jason, Peter and all of the staff. We're extremely proud of our staff at the hotel and we definitely feel that this is the reason we have such a high volume of repeat business. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here this weekend and had a lovely time. Great welcome and the entertainment was fantastic. Stayed in room 234 which was spacious and very close to elevator. Only thing is we forgot to ask for non smoking room and the room smelled of stale smoke but that was a minor gripe and the only one. Fantastic time, great food, very helpful friendly staff and a full weekend of entertainment. We will be back again soon. Only way to improve the experience would be to build a spa swimming pool center.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank June S

Thank you for your recent review, we were delighted to read that you had a wonderful weekend. I apologise that there was a smell of smoke in the room, as a non smoker it's something I would also pick up on straight away. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again soon and we would be delighted to accommodate you in one of our spacious ground floor non smoking bedrooms.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Came here with my family, really good.

Close to the beach, great location.

Staff excellent ,the rooms were spacious and well equipped. Downstairs rooms great bonus.

Great entertainment in the hotel all year round.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms for families
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Allingham A, Manager at Allingham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay. I'm glad you found our rooms spacious and well equipped. We hope to welcome you back again over the Summer.