Great Northern Hotel
$184
Tara Hotel(Killybegs)
$123
$120
Bay View Hotel(Killybegs)(Great Value!)
$85
$62
$130
$126
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
$155
$121
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,083 results
All reviewsgolf courseleisure centreold worldold stylebrian mceniffporridgepublic areasreception staffbreakfast and dinnersea viewboth nightslovely roomkids clubweekend breakfrom start to finishfamily roomgreat weekend
Reviewed July 21, 2013

At first appearance the hotel looks impressive but the closer you get to the hotel you begin to see how tired the hotel really is. The reception team are fantastic and where more than helpfully. It was when you started of towards your room that you seen torn wall paper lights not working and toilets not maintained on a regular basis. This was a bit disappointing and should be addressed. The bedrooms where comfortable. The show that we went to was superb and thoroughly worth the money. The hotel is not as good as other hotels in bundoran and if I was returning to Bundoran I would stay at a different hotel. So sorry Great Northern........

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were going to spend the weekend as we had a child competing in the All Ireland's for Athletics in another town.
Unfortunately one of our children fell ill and we didn't make it the first night. Upon arrival they had a room ready for us (we arrived before the check in time) and they did everything to make getting the kids up to the room in one quick trip. As we had thought my child recovered before leaving we were shocked to get there and find she now had a fever. They gave us extra towels and helped us settle in quickly giving us information on how to reach nowdoc if it were necessary. Thankfully it wasn't, but it was reassuring that the staff were knowledgable and prepared for all situations.
The only complaint I have is there was not any wifi in the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a large family room, the extra space is invaluable when traveling with more than 1 kid
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The brochures state that the bedrooms have all been refurbished in the last year, this is so far from reality. It is such a shame that all the hard work and effort that is put into running this hotel is wasted by the shabby bedrooms.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Irelanddissapointed
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the Great Northen with family members almost 2 weeks ago, this was my first visit and I can say it won't be my last.
On arrival, the receptionist at check-in (Bronagh, i think her name was) was very pleasant and extremely helpful when I asked if we could have a ground floor room for 2 of my family, she went out of her way to accommodate our request.
The lady who showed me to my room (sorry not sure of her name) was also very pleasant and helpful, even after unpacking, she called back to see if everything was ok.
The bedrooms were clean, bathroom immaculate and the shower was one of the best I have ever used in any hotel.
I had the 3 course meal in the restaurant, the night I stayed, I wouldn't normally eat 3 courses, but each and every course was delicious and not too much food to be left feeling uncomfortable! It was very reasonably priced, which was a bonus, pleased I went for this option!
Bar staff unfortunately were a little bit slow to serve drinks, keeping you waiting and for me serving other people in front of me, when I waiting first, ( then again, those male customers could have told the barman I was there before them)! I do believe however, the hotel are in the process of training new bar staff!
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, thoroughly enjoyed my visit, albeit a little too short, next time I will stay for longer!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As the most of reviews seem to be stating - tha staff and location were really nice, Brian McEniff paid us a visit during dinner which was lovely -but he really needs to start updating the rooms - just start with the doors - the day of the BIG wooden thing hanging onto a key is gone...creates the worng impression from the off - and it cost 120 for a double for a night - bit pricey..all in all needs a cash injection -

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple