“Make a point of eating here, you will not be disappointed”
Review of La Sabbia

La Sabbia
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Bundoran
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on Bayview Terrace if you are approaching from sligo drive into Bundoran and take the first left after the Allingham Arms Hotel and the Restaurant is situated 50 metres further up on the righr hand side in a quiet residential Cul de sac. If you are approaching from Ballyshannon drive throught the town and take the left after the little Church that is beside The Bridge Bar.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Well, a really wet start to the night as we walked upto La Sabbia, only a 2min walk off the main street, to be welcomed by niamh, paddy' better half. As we dumped all our wet gear in there lovely outside eating area.
As we entered we were welcomed by Paddy, the owner himself, very friendly and a lovely homely place.
The crackly and glow of a real irish fireplace, home four 2 and a half year old was given colouring pencils and paper, to keep him amused, as we browsed the menu.
A nice choice of dishes, and wine to compliment your pallet. We sat on the sofa's until our food was ready, where our little lad stayed and relaxed eating his meal, Niamh kept him company as we ate, thanks for that.
All dishes were massive, with enough for the biggest appetite.
Pizza and burgers all made fresh and were delicious, the hot chocolate fudge cake was to die for, I was lucky to get a bit with two females in my company.

Hope to see you both next year.
Thanks for the lovely experience.
Brendan and Joan.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ate here recently with a few friends. Nicest pizza I have had in a long time. Its such a lovely restaurant with great menu and great prices. We sat outside and had pizza and drinks and had a lovely evening can't fault this place at all. Also seemed very family friendly and spacious for little ones. Great place with relaxed atmosphere lovely staff. Easy for parking aswell and just a minutes walk from main street. Really a great place will be back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining at La Sabbia twice during a recent visit to Bundoran. On both occasions, the food was delicious and the host welcomed us warmly. I loved the cozy seating around the fireplace. If La Sabbia were located in my neighborhood, I'd definitely be a regular patron.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I went here on a Monday night for dinner. Had a bit of trouble finding it as its off the Main Street in bundoran and not viewable from the road but when we arrived we were greeted within a few minutes and shown to our table (which needed a clean from previous occupants). We ordered drinks which when they arrived were lukewarm as they had no ice and hasn't been refrigerated. It was one of the warmest days so we looked forward to receiving the ice. My husband had a gourmet burger as they were on special offer at €5.95, this came with chips and a salad garnish. He said it was ok but a bit dry which I could confirm by looking at it. Can't complain much at that price though. My son had the pizza and chips from kids menu and he enjoyed this, big portion for his size but he made a good attempt at it! I had the seabass at €19, two fillets served with a few baby potatoes and salad, and a drizzle of sauce with not much flavour. It was ok, but not incredibly flavoursome. We were eventually brought ice after I had to ask for it when I saw someone bringing a bucket of it in. My son had a piece of chocolate fudge cake for dessert which took 20 minutes to arrive, he enjoyed it though. The whole dining experience was "OK", nothing special really but nothing too bad to say.

KeithandPaddy, Owner at La Sabbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Sorry you had some issues with us. If I remember correctly a large group was just leaving when you arrived and we nwere in the process of cleaning tables. If we were slow off the mark I apologise. Will ntake your points on board regarding burger being dry and regarding sauce with Sea Bass but this can be subjective. It is hard to find the balance between the flavour of the fish and a sauce that overpowers the fish but will look into how we can improve this. Thank you for your comments and please introduce yourself if you happen to be visiting La Sabbia again

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had three meals at La Sabbia while staying in Bundoran, and have nothing but good things to say about the experience. Paddy and his staff gave us a warm and friendly welcome, and the fire added a wonderful cozy atmosphere. I had the burgers, pizza and salmon and all were delicious. The crostini topped with black pudding and cheese was spectacular. The Bailey's cheescake was to die for! The wait staff were efficient and responsive.
I would highly recommend La Sabbia and encourage you to try it!