“Awesome experience”

and 1 more site!
TurfnSurf Lodge & Surf School
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Everytime I join friends and go to Bundoran it's a different and awesome experience.
All the guys from Turf'n surf are really friendly and make everyone feel like we are good at surfing hahaha
Defo recommended... Will be back soon

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Booked the weekend trip and enjoyed all if it, nice and welcoming place! Very friendly staff, which helps with all possible questions! It is absolutely with the money. The view I the sea is magnificent.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank paspass
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Such a friendly, supportive and professional staff. I was there with a group of 16 girls and we all had absolutely amazing time, even despite poor weather. Grainne is an amazing instructor. I would recommend this place to everybody and I hope to be back for some more action soon :)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were a group of 16 girls picked up by Paul who made our journey to Bundoran so much fun, think he called it a disco bus!!! Turfnsurf Lodge has a great location( very close to all the pubs and amenities), beautiful views of the sea and also very comfortable rooms. But I think the staff of Turfnsurf Lodge is the main reason why I loved staying there so much-we all felt so looked after, Killian's team were friendly and fun, they couldn't have done enough to make us feel welcome, especially such a big group of us!! It was my first time surfing and I was a bit worried on the first day of our surfing lessons, but our surfing instructors Giles and Brian were really professional and so good at teaching the beginners that as soon as I got into the water with my surf board I knew that I am in safe hands! There were loads of activities to choose from if surfing weren't your thing-you could do kayaking, SUP or just chill in the TurfnSurf Lodge or go exploring beautiful Bundoran. In the evenings we went to Bridge bar which serves amazing food and Kicking donkey pub had great bands( one of them was the local band called the Vintage Infants, who were great!! ). Kicking donkey pub also has a relaxed atmosphere that attracts surfers and friendly locals. If you wanted to go crazy and weren't tired enough from the whole day of surfing, Paris nigh club has cheesy music and open till very late. By the end of our wonderful weekend I really didn't want to leave as all of us enjoyed it so much but I think we are definitely coming back to TurfnSurf Lodge very soon!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Killian and his team are simply great! We were a big group of different ages, and they had different activities suggested for us. We were picked up in Dublin by a friendly team member (thanks Ivan!), and it was a lovely scenic drive to the school in Bundoran. Those of us who went surfing with the school were blown away. Our instructors were very patient and encouraging (thanks Joe and Katie!), and the beach we surfed at was great! Those who did not choose to do any activity went on lovely walks along the beach right next to the school. Breath-taking views! Will definitely be going again in the near future. We have already started talking to our friends to organise a bigger group visit there. So watch out,Turf and Surf!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I decided to go on the TurfnSurf Wild Ireland tour as an Irish person who hadn't seen much of Ireland, or ever been surfing. The tour was excellent, very well organised. The two drivers were brilliant and we saw pretty much everything - the cliffs of moher, Connemara, Donegal, the giants causeway and lots in between! I loved the two nights in Bundoran, especially the surfing ( the instructors were great). Of course the Irish scenery stole the show though, the weather cooperated AND we saw dolphins in the Burren! The bus is great craic and I quickly made friends with all aboard. Overall this has been one of the best holidays I've been on, and I would highly recommend it to tourists and natives alike! :)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Last week I had the best staycation in Ireland ever! A group of friends took a last minute decision to jump on the five day Wild Ireland tour with Turfnsurf surfing school. I don't even know where to begin...the weather was amazing which really helped show off the beautiful West Atlantic coast, Cliff of Moher in Clare, the Burren, Galway City, Connemara, Westport, Croagh Patrick, Donegal, Bundoran, and over to Antrim and the Giants Causeway before stopping off at Belfast before the return to Dublin.

It was such a delight to be driven everywhere and to stop off at all the many little rest points along the way. Our tour guides Paul and Conor were fantastic and were helpful, professional but mainly great fun! It was such a relaxed and laid back atmosphere but we knew we were in good hands! It was really easy to mix with the other people on the tour and there was a combination of people travelling solo, in pairs and in small groups.

When we got to Bundoran we had a two night stopoff at the Lodge whcih is right across the road from the beautiful Donegal coastline. It was such a treat to stay here soaking up the Atlantic coastline and watch the sun set after a wee swim in the sea. Surfing lesson was brilliant and we had the whole beach to ourselves. The instructors Grainne and Sean were awesome and gave really good corrections and made it their business to ensure everyone in our group stood up at least once!
Breakfast was included at the lodge and for hungry souls there was always more than enough toast and cereal to go around as well as as much tea or coffee as you could drink!
The whole tour was amazing and we were very sad to say goodbye to our new friends and go back to reality.
A tour around Ireland was not something I had considered before but it was a brilliant way to see all the sights home had to offer! Especially for an under 30 demographic. Can't wait to visit Bundoran again sometime!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends