All reviews creevy pier donegal bay steak sea view hidden gem small hotel fantastic views mussels ate here bar and restaurant first class fabulous food stunning location few months narrow road friendly hotel staff were friendly and helpful
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2019

We have visited Creevy Pier hotel for a meal or a drink on a number of occasions when staying in Donegal Town. The food is tasty and reasonably priced.
This time we stayed at the hotel in a sea view room. The view was lovely and listening to the waves crash on the rocks is very special. The room was not big but the view compensated for this.
The staff are excellent being friendly, informed and confident - well done!
There is also a well equipped self catering house that is suitable for families.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank babsni-44
Reviewed July 21, 2019

I stayed in the Creevy Pier Hotel with my wife for three nights this summer. The hotel is in a great location. With it being walking distance from Donegal’s beautiful coastline, it is an ideal location for a getaway break in Ireland. The hotel itself is very clean, rooms are spacious and the staff are lovely. There was one woman named Shannon who was very kind throughout our stay by helping my wife and I out whenever we needed assistance. Overall my stay in this hotel was brilliant. Couldn’t fault it.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Conor W
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Whilst Recently traveling along the Wild Atlantic Way my family and I stopped off for some food and boy were we rewarded! A great menu, lovely setting by the sea, and great staff, especially Méabh who done just about everything for us! She was a star, very intentive with my wife’s dietary requirements and had a deep knowledge of the menu. She even helped us decide on dessert! Will Definetly be back!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank WorldWideWonderer66
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

We booked a room with a sea view for 3 nights. The location is amazing..! There are cliff top walks across the road from the hotel too with stunning views of the sea. The hotels young team of staff were extremely helpful and polite. The bar is cosy with a nice fire welcoming on a cold and blustery evening and the restaurant has a great sea view -the huge continental breakfast was delicious. We chose the location as it is close to Belleek (famous for its great pottery) and Donegal and various forests and areas of interest. Our only disappointment was the tired and dated state of the bedroom -we had paid extra for the sea view -which was worth it -but the room and decor could be improved. The tv was tricky to get working if you wanted to use it. Fine overall as a base.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ferguson009
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Was impressed on arrival by how nice interior was and was booked in by lovely girl who served us our evening meal in bar. Food was delicious and room was lovely and cosy and overlooked harbour. Breakfast was made to order and once again delicious. Hope to return in summer and take advantage of the lovely walks in the area and enjoy the entertainment at the weekend. It was quiet when we stayed but was just what we needed and I was able to relax and spend time painting the fabulous view from my bedroom window.

Date of stay: March 2019