“Best Wedding Venue Ever!!!!”
Review of Creevy Pier Hotel

and 1 more site!
Creevy Pier Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ballyshannon
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited The Creevy Pier Hotel last year to view it as a possible venue for our wedding reception. We instantly fell in love with the place and it's stunning views overlooking Donegal bay. Over the next 12 months we received the best of assistance and advice from Maddy the previous manager and more recently the new manager Claire and owner Keith. Every single request we had was met with without hesitation, we had a wonderful selection of menu options to choose from and we were able to sample these prior to our wedding. The food is outstanding and all our wedding guests thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Our wedding reception was held in a Marquee at the front of the building, which I am sure caused more footwork for the waiting staff, but the level of service we received was impeccable. We had the best day ever, our guests loved it and we can't thank Keith and Claire and the rest of the Creevy staff enough for working to hard to give us the perfect day. The owner Keith, even offered to decorate his car and drive me to the church on the morning of the wedding when our wedding car company left us down. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at Creevy. Our guests are still talking about the wedding, and my new husband and I had a truely wonderful day. Our bridal suite was lovely and had a beautiful panoramic view over the bay. Overall the service we received was amazing, the venue was perfect, and I would recommend any couple to have their wedding at the Creevy Pier Hotel. Thank you Keith, Claire and all of the Creevy staff for all your hard work and for making our wedding day so perfect. We can't wait to come back and stay again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Creevy-Pier, General Manager at Creevy Pier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Hi Sean & Rosaleen,

I hope that you both are well. I can't believe it has taken me this long to respond to all the comments people have so kindly left for us.
It was our pleasure to cater for your wedding and I'm very touched by your kind words about the staff and the hotel. It certainly was a great day and I'm delighted to hear your thoughts on the service, food and standards within the hotel. You guys and your wedding guests made the day a complete pleasure to co-ordinate and I'm happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the day.
Did you both enjoy the return trip on the 28th September? We look forward to seeing you all again soon, please do stay in touch and let us know how you both are getting on and of course your little dogs...
Take Care,
Claire.

There are newer reviews for Creevy Pier Hotel

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Underestimated
My friend & I arrived on a busy Sunday evening. The front bar was bustling, music entertainment & locals in, enjoying the ambiance. (always a good sign).
Claire, the new manager greeted us warmly...showed us to a Spotless double room with all the amenities I would expect from a 4star at least. (only constructive critisism I would make would be to change the toilet seats).
Dinner was first class, with a view that was absolutely fantastic.
We were treated with first class service, despite being there on a 'deal voucher'.
Not only would I recommend it to everyone but I will also go again. Keep up the great work. Great ad for Irish Tourism.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank beetlebabe2016
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My friend and I "escaped" the mundane routine and enjoyed two relaxing days at Creevy Pier Hotel. Staff were excellent, rooms very comfortable and food first class. Will come back - and bring hubby next time! Thanks to everybody for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a very busy July weekend. This was our anniversary and our last break before the imminent birth of our son. I had stayed here a number of years ago and was excited about returning for some tranquil views and quality seafood. On arrival we discovered were not allocated the room which I reserved many months previous. Since my reservation there had been a change in management and my booking was altered. Major disappointment! I usually rate a hotel on how it handles complaints and on meeting the new Manager Claire we were given a "Crowning the Customer" example of customer care. Claire dealt with our case in the most professional and genuine manner. From beginning to end Claire ensured that we immediately got over our initial disappointment and received the great hospitality that Donegal is famous for. Claire and staff are a credit to Creevy Pier. The food was great, nice selection of seafood and deserts. Special mention of the cheesecake! Rooms are tastefully decorated and meet the needs of most. The views are spectacular and I imagine this would make a great location for a party. I'm now in the process of planning a trip back to Creevy only this time it'll be a room for 3!!

Room Tip: Room 6/7 for the view.. Great base for short trips.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What can I say? This hotel is peace, total peace. If you want to get away from the humdrum of everyday life don't hesitate to come here. Having read previous reviews, I can confidently say that all the problems have been resolved. The staff are so helpful, the food is good and the accommodation is first class. The hotel is a short distance from Ballyshannon, but I found a taxi firm (Buzz Bert) that cost 8 Euros. Full Irish breakfast and off on a cliff top hike (both directions from the hotel have excellent views). The room I stayed in had a wonderful view of the pier, with locals fishing, jumping off the pier and generally having a great time. The bed was very comfortable, with tea/coffee making facilities. There was a powerful shower and the room serviced every day. All in all an excellent hotel. A big thanks to the manager and staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Second visit here for a meal, the place was fully reserved but the lady done her best to give us a corner as we had a number of hungry childern with us. The food was great and very economical. The views are amazing and you can enjoy a walk along the pier and rocks after. Super place

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here in August as part of the Grab one offer. We were greeted by the new manager who showed us to our room (one of two overlooking the harbour). We were lucky to get good weather and we walked the two walk that lead from the harbour along the cliff paths. We also walked the nearby Rossnowlagh beach which is just 5 mins drive away. We had a brilliant breakfast in the hotel next morning. would recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay window overlooking the harbour . Very romantic !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Nigel,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we are deligted that you came to stay with us here at the Creevy Pier Hotel and also how much to you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again in the future.
Enjoy the remainder of your holiday, stay in touch and let us know your are both getting on.

Take Care,
Claire

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyshannon
Sandhouse Hotel
#3 of 7 in Donegal Town
Allingham Arms Hotel
Allingham Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Bundoran

Been to Creevy Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!