“No one there”

Creevy Pier Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyshannon
“No one there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had a confirmed reservation and had the email copy to prove it.. We arrived at the hotel at around 2:30pm. It is located literally at the end of the line. Additionally, there were no signs to get us there and the last couple miles were tight 1 lane paths. We had to stop several times to ask locals for directions and did several turn arounds and redirects. When we finally found the place it was locked up tight; the hotel doors and the restaurant-which we had read was very good-was displayed as closed on Wed(Monday and Tuesday as well). We had to go to the nearby pier and borrow a cell phone to call someone(glad we had the email). They said the'd"send someone over". After about 45 minutes, a young woman drove up. She was obviously not a person of authority and knew nothing about why the place was closed. We decided to leave.
This place looks very nice but is totally isolated , hard to find, and iif the restaurant is closed, where were we going to eat much less do for the rest of the day?

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank LindaBH012256

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Armagh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed here for two nights whilst working in Ballyshannon. My expectations were not high but I was totally surprised at the friendliness and warmth of the greeting received at arrival, even as far as an offer of help with my bags.

After dropping my bags in my room I ordered a drink and asked for a look at the menu. One look out of the window reminded me that this close to the sea I should really be ordering fish, so I choose the sea bass which was delicious.

The meal and service was excellent.

Facilities in my room were adequate, very clean and comfortable and I had a really good sleep with no disturbance.

Breakfast was fine, although a second cup of coffee would have been nice.

On my second night I was late returning to the hotel due to my work. However, I asked if it would still be possible to have dinner and was delighted to be told that it was still possible.

This time I had a steak which was cooked to perfection. The cheesecake, an un-necessary indulgence, was also delicious.

Following another good night’s sleep I had breakfast and checked out – all very efficient and, again, was offered help with my bags.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

I attended an American Rehearsal dinner here, and also a lot of other occasion in this hotel. Although I have not stayed over night I am 99% sure that if the service and great atmosphere of the restaurant and bar are anything to go by this place would be perfect for a few days. The location is stunning, on a sunny day you could leave your heart here. The staff are excellent, friendly and always helpful.
Great day trip from Bundoran or even a few days stay when in Bundoran or the North West.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Athlone, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

It was our first time to visit the Creevy Pier Hotel and we have been surpised in a positive way! A very nice location, directly at the beach, friendly staff, great food and all in all a very relaxing atmosphere! We could not have asked for more and will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SwissMiss003
fearmanach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

every thing was excellent home from home and more abrilliant location room was excellent everything was brilliant

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bundoran, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had our wedding party at Creevy Pier on October 2nd and we found the overall experience excellent and could not recommend them enough. Jason the manager was professional, flexible and very easy to deal with. On the day everything went very well, the food was first class and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall I would highly recomment Creevy Pier Hotel as a unique and intimate wedding destination in Donegal
Gina and Mark Witherow

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
west of ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

stayed there last weekend overnite on the spur of the moment. the friendliness of staff was evident from the initial phone contact. Arrived exhausted, cold and hungry and stepped into a haven of peace, warmth and welcome. had a meal with freshly cooked vegetables which is unusual nowadays. fish could have been fresher and was the only disappointing aspect of my visit. Room was immaculate with a lots of hot water for a relaxing bath. Breakfast was excellent with freshly made fruit salad, a great selection of teas available and again the welcoming staff. would highly recommend for a peaceful relaxing break.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyshannon
Sandhouse Hotel
The Holyrood Hotel
#2 of 5 in Bundoran
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,096 reviews
Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre

Been to Creevy Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!