“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ballina
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed in the Ice House and booked the 3 for 2 nights offer, What an amazing place, from the moment we arrived we were stunned with the beautiful views of the Moy, then greeted with a glass of prosseco. Our deluxe room was spacious, spotless and extremely comfortable. Food was without a doubt the best we have tasted and the staff were gracious and helpful at all times. The hotel is an excellent base if you wish to travel around to the busier towns and come back to peace and quiet. My partner proposed to me on our trip and the staff made sure that we were spoiled with a beautiful dessert and champagne by way of congratulations. We will be back to hopefully celebrate our anniversary. Thank you.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ICEHOUSETEAM, General Manager at The Ice House Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Ciara M

First of all many congratulations on your recent engagement, especially as it occurred during your trip here to the Ice House Hotel. I am delight along with my Team to have been part of this special occasion which I am sure you will both cherish for ever.

Hopefully we can welcome you both back on the Bid Day!!! In any case we wish you both every happiness for the future,

Ken and the Ice House Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My partner and I recently spent a weekend in the Ice House and can not recommend it highly enough. We treated ourselves and stayed in one of the hotel's Heritage Suites. The room was amazing (2 fireplaces, spacious living room area, spacious bed area with huge bed and 5 large windows all giving beautiful views of the River Moy. Perhaps the best feature of the excellent suite was the bathroom, especially the large wooden hot tub!

The spa in the hotel was another impressive feature, especially the outdoor hot tubs on the banks of the Moy. The treatments were also very enjoyable (I had an hour long YonKa full body massage). My only issues with the spa were unfortunately the steam room was out of order when we were there and the lack of staff at spa reception was not the ideal welcome.

The staff in the hotel were very courteous and helpful. The food was also very pleasant (we ate in the restaurant one night but also ate the bar food another night). The cocktails were reasonably priced and tasty. The hotel is conveniently located to Ballina Town Centre and is also very close to the nearby Belleek Castle and Woods, which again offers more beautiful views of the River Moy.

I found the hotel to be slightly expensive but the experience was very enjoyable and I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ICEHOUSETEAM, General Manager at The Ice House Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear JDPL84,

Our sincere thanks for taking the time to air your views regarding your recent visit to the Ice House; they are very much appreciated by everyone here at the Hotel.

We hope you enjoyed the Christmas festivities and would like to take this opportunity to wish you the very best for 2013. Hopefully it will not be to long before your return visit to Ballina.

Warm regards,
Ken and the Team at the Ice House
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and Myself stayed here for our 1st anniversary. A long journey from limerick, but totally worth it.
On arrival we were quickly looked after and given a glass of bubbly and showed to our room were for no extra cost there was another bottle and a plate of strawberries with " happy anniversary " wrote in chocolate. The also had a beautiful bunch of flowers which I ordered ready for my wife.
The room was amazing with a great view ceiling to floor windows and no disturbance in the view. There was a huge bath in the very clean luxury bathroom.
The spa area was a bit of a let down the staff I feel could have been more friendly. And there wasn't much of an apologies for the steam room not working. My wife's robe was not correctly washed and filthy which they changed. But the fantastic outdoor jacuzzis were fantastic looking over the river Moy.
The quality of the food in the hotel was superb, I had the pork belly and Lee had the duck and both meals were fantastic and beautifully displayed. We both had the chocolate fondant for desert which was amazing.
For the men the pints were fantastic from the bar.
We has breakfast in the room for no extra charge and a late check out. I could fine on more but I'd be here all day. Excallent value for luxury

• Stayed October 2012
Dear MrsMoravcik ,
Dublin, Ireland

It was a pleasure looking after you both during your recent stay here at the Ice House, and I am even more pleased to read your comments that you have recently posted.
I am very proud of the team here at the Ice House and the level of professional, friendly and attentive service they provide. Not always right!! but on this and most other occasions we do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ice House.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Ice House Ballina gets both the big & small things right, on arrival on a very wet & miserable October evening the staff were very hospitable & gave us a warm welcome. We were taken to our room which was beautiful, very modern with a huge & extremely comfortable bed (we slept very well each night), great views over the river & a wonderful bathroom with lots of fluffy towels & robes. On the table was a lovely little note welcoming us to the hotel & inviting us for a glass of bubbly, of which we duly obliged. The food was excellent, breakfast was plentiful & was a relaxing & pleasant way to start the day, both bar & restaurant food was very good & always served efficiently, the Donegal crab was heavenly. All the small details were very well thought through & made for a very relaxing stay, I'm already looking forward to a return trip.

2 Thank MrsMoravcik
Dear ros1068
roscommon

Thank you indeed for your kind and constructive comments regarding your recent visit to the "Ice House" whilst stopping off for Lunch.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and the family back to the Ice House so that you can also experience the comfort of being at "Home from Home".

roscommon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We didn't stay here, we just had Sunday lunch. The hotel is beautiful and in a lovely part of the town. The staff are exceptionally friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious. We had our 5 month old baby with us who needed his nappy changed. Unfirtunately they don't have a baby changing area but the receptionist was nice enough to let me use a bedroom to change him. The room was beautiful and we will definitely be staying here next time we are in ballina!

• Stayed October 2012
Good evening Cloister_007

Seasons Greetings from the team here at the Ice House Hotel. We hope you enjoyed the festivities and look forward to welcoming you back for another special occassion similar to your recent stay in October.

Wishing you both the very best for 2013

Ken and the team at the Ice House
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in the Ice House Hotel for my husband birthday.It was brilliant and memorable in every way.Stunning view, friendly staffs, delicious food, breakfast in bed, a little surprise from the hotel - (a plate of strawberries dipped in chocolate with Happy Birthday written on it for my husband) really was unexpected. There's nothing that can beat the service offered by this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and will definatley come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cloister_007

Dublin, Ireland

I am eternally grateful to you for taking the time to post your very kind comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Ice House. It is always nice to here back from Guests and makes the Staff feel proud of their achievements as we continue as much we can to offer this level of service and attention to detail to all our guests.

Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to the Ice House in the not to distant future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Worst weekend away of my life, given adjoining room to a screaming baby then relocated during the night to a freezing attic room that was half finished. service thereafter was appalling left ballina extremely stressed will never return again

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jemmoo
Dear Jemmoo,

I would like to extend my sincere personal apologies for what I can only describe as an appalling lack of our normal professional level of service that we strive at all times to expend to all our guests.

This unfortunately was not one of our best days and I am truly sorry for all the inconvenience we caused. I sincerely hope, given some of the other comments we have received that you will hopefully make a return visit to the Ice House and afford us the opportunity to give you the experience you should have received in the first place.

Again my sincere personal apologies,

Ken and the Ice House Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballina
Mount Falcon Estate
#5 of 9 in Ballina
Diamond Coast Hotel
Diamond Coast Hotel
#2 of 3 in Enniscrone

Been to The Ice House Hotel? Share your experiences!