“Wish we lived locally so could eat here regularly”

Belleek Castle Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Ballina
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Belleek Castle is set in the heart of Belleek Woods. It is a cosy romantic hotel with plenty of character and award-winning restaurant. Afternoon tea is available daily from 12pm until 5pm. Tours also take place each day of the dungeons where you will get to see and hold Irelands largest private collection of armour and we also boast a collection of fossils - plus a few extra surprises!The Armada bar has been constructed from a spanish armada ship which makes it boast plenty of character and is admired by all who visit the castle. Our restaurant is cosy and romantic with an old world feel. We are proud to serve gourmet dishes without the gourmet price! Our head chef Stephen uses only the freshest local ingredients available to create masterpieces in the kichen.The castle is also an ideal wedding venue with several weddings held here every year since 1971. We strive to ensure that everyone has the most perfect day possible and where better to celebrate such an occasion than in a romantic castle.Belleek Castle is a home away from home and is well worth a visit - we hope to be welcoming you here soon!
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The meals and service in the restaurant were the highlight of our stay at the castle. Although our budget led us to the Early Bird menu in the evenings we were not disappointed. The menu was varied, beutifully cooked and presented. On our second evening I asked if a starter I had enjoyed the previous evening was available, it wasn't on the menu but the lovely chef Stephen prepared it for me anyway! Breakfast was excellent with a good choice and again well presented.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On a recent stay at the castle, myself and the better half were absolutely blown away with their fantastic gourmet tasting menus. While my husband enjoyed the regular 8 course menu, with very short notice and no fuss at all, the kitchen produced for me a fabulous vegan menu to match! It can be sometimes hard to find vegan food at all in Ireland, let alone be treated to such a well thought out, decadent and fresh vegan food experience. Plus they had a lovely NZ wine that was vegan to boot! I couldn't recommend it enough!

1  Thank Ch0c0lateE
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Lovely old castle. Fab grounds. We had tea and scones in what i'd call a drawing room and they were served on lovely slates with icing sugar dusting and homemade jam. The staff were lovely and helpful with directions for our cycle. Worth the visit.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was recently married and we held the reception at Belleek Castle. I believe this makes me a bit of an expert on the food at Belleek Castle and the exceptional talents of Chef Stephen Lenahan. I say this because I have eaten at least eight meals at Belleek Castle including my wedding feast. My family members from America stayed for the four days prior to the reception and one afterwards and we ate all our meals at Belleek Castle, not to mention our tasting meals which we enjoyed having many times over the course of the year prior to the wedding.

The dining experience at Belleek Castle is as good as I have had anywhere in Ireland and America. Each experience at the restaurant at Belleek Castle was surprising and unique due to what the chef can do with local, Irish ingredients but it was consistent in quality. We never had a bad meal! Lots of deserved rave reviews have been written about the pageantry of the Drunken Bullock - which was "the best steak" every eaten as reported by many of my guests - but there is so much more to the food here. I love the attention to details and the subtle twists on old favorites which make them new again.

Many of my guests from Ireland and America commented to me and my husband about the quality of the food. Many of them will be back on their own accord. This is a credit to the superior food and a superior chef.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Whilst staying at the castle we were lucky enough to sample both menus offered and was really impressed with both !! the a la carte menu was delicous with locally sourced fare cooked and presented wonderfully. But then we had our socks blown off by the "market menu" which was truly delightful. The eye catching and famous " drunken bullock" was preceded by some of the finest courses i have been lucky enough to sample. A real must for anyone staying in the castle or worth a trip if not. Have to add that the service from the staff matched the food. First class all the way.

1  Thank ColinHamiltonRea