“Great spot for a nice lunch”
Review of The Loft

The Loft
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Ballina
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Before going to the Jackie Clarke Collection in Ballina we stopped here for a bite after our drive from Dublin. i can only comment on the lunch: it was excellent. This area is known for it's local Salmon and the Loft serves the very best. The staff is wonderful and as we were visitors from the US the owner came and sat with us for a bit and gave us some personal insights to the area, the town and the man himself, Jackie Clarke.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Located in the centre of the town, this pub is certainly worth a visit. Once you cross the threshold you'll be embraced by the warm friendly atmosphere. The decor is very comfortable with strong art deco influences. There's lots of stain glass, a beautiful counter and (particularly on a chilly evening) a nice open fire. Everything is clean and tidy, but still very relaxing.
The brothers who run the place are very hospitable and make you feel like one of the regulars. I have been in the pub on quiet evenings and also during the busy summer festival time, but every time I've enjoyed the experience. As a lifelong Guinness drinker, I can honestly say that they pour a great pint in this bar. So all in all, I vote this the best pub and only wish I'd one similar near to my home.

1  Thank Leo M
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great place for a drink, bar food, day or night. It also has music a couple times a week. The two brothers that run it are fantastic people, they are exceptionaly friendly and welcoming, they really do Irish hospitality justice

1  Thank josiemonaghan
Reviewed February 1, 2013

On a recent visit to Ballina, I stayed in The Loft (Bar/B&B). I was a bit concerned that it might be noisy, as it was on the main street, but we needed 5 reasonably priced twin rooms for a family group (all adults) for 3 nights, and my brother spotted The Loft online. From the moment i spoke to Patrick, one of the owners, at the time of booking, to our check-out a few days later i never regretted our choice for a moment. The guys who run it (3 brothers) are warm, friendly and most accommodating. The rooms are lovely, - simple but cosy. There was no noise, and being on Pearse St. was an unexpected bonus. Breakfast (pre-ordered and ready on time) was great, and served by really friendly staff. The bar downstairs became our sitting-room and we gathered regularly at the wonderful open fire. Food is served in the bar at lunch, and what we had was excellent - (wished that bar food was served later in the day, but lunch only) Altogether a very pleasant establishment with a great atmosphere and lovely staff.

2  Thank KateyL
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Glad a meal here with a friends and it was not a bad choose. Lovely atmosphere and the food is reasonable priced and very homely feeling and the staff very friendly and welcoming. Really enjoyed the food and atmosphere and will be back for sure. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank jewel18