Twin Trees Hotel & Leisure Club
$89
$68
  • Breakfast included
Great National Hotel Ballina(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$102
$295
HotelQuickly
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdownhill houseleisure centrefamily runwould highly recommend this hotelwedding receptionkids clubeach eveningfriendly hotelweekend breakthe riverenjoyable stayroom was spaciousfood was lovelyfamily roomtown centrenight porterreception area
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Myself and my fiancee stayed in the Downhill House for a short post-Christmas break & we really enjoyed our stay. It is lovely to stay in a hotel which is still run by the family who started it, and we were extremely impressed with all of the staff. They couldn't have been more friendly, polite and welcoming.

The room was very comfortable & the bathroom a great size. Downstairs there is a comfortable drawing room & casual seating in the lobby.

The Mayo coast is spectacular & there is plenty to do, especially for those who like walking. Ballina is a nice town & there are some good pubs & restaurants.

Overall we would happily recommend this hotel & would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Of course I am going to be biased here because the event was our son's wedding. The Downhill Hotel was the perfect venue and am proud it's in our local town.
The atmosphere was warm and friendly in the reception, the banquet hall was like a fairy tale and our families were made to feel very special by all the staff.
The rooms were warm and inviting, the food was excellent and the morning after care was wonderful.
A big thank you to Rachel, Michael and Karen.
Ps we didn't wake up in time for breakfast, but the receptionist on duty looked after us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just back from a super new years (30th and 31st) break in The Downhill Hotel. Very welcoming hotel with super food. Staff very friendly and rooms were perfect - had an adjoining room for the kids which was very handy for my husband and I. The kids loved the swimming pool. Lovely to walk Enniscrone beach and then back to hotel for lovely food and hospitality. Will definitely return again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was staying in the hotel with my thirteen year old son and husband post Christmas from 27th to 30th. The family gave my son and I a very warm welcome and we felt like we were in a home away from home sort of speak. The service and food in the dining room both for the dinners and the breakfast were very nice The staff were very hospitable and seemed to cater to all our needs. Being that my son was on his own, we took part in the leisure center and every morning enjoyed the full gym with weights, treadmills and all the things you need to stay fit. The pool was a comfortable, warm temperature and we enjoyed our swim. It is situated on the Moy so we took a walk to the park just down the road and shot a few hoops and close to the town were able to shop and avail of the cinemas close by. The location is nice and private yet close enough to all amenities. At night time we had the pleasure of listening and relaxing to the very fine entertainment of small and Fancy in "Frogs Piano bar" They did a great cross section of material and the harmonies were second to none. There is talk of them coming back during the Easter Break and I hope that they do. All in all it was a nice trip for the family to get away from it all. I would hope to return in the not so distant future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I attended a wedding here a few months back and have to say it was very enjoyable to say the least. As soon as i arrived i got a very warm welcome off the receptionist that was on i cant recall her name but her bubbly personality put me in good form which always helps. After leaving my bags to my room i headed for the bar for a drink where i was greeted by friendly barman he kept me in talk for about ten minutes till he got called away. I found the food in the bar very nice kudos to whoever cooked it my steak was cooked to perfection. Had an early night that night as i knew it would be a long day the following day. No problem getting to sleep in at all the bed was that comfortable, the breakfast the next morning was also very good nice selection of food available which was good. The meal of the wedding itself was very nice but it was more the drink i had my mind on lol which i must say no one was left waiting for even though the bar was very busy i wish some nightclubs and pubs could have seen these guys at work.I didnt get a chance to use the leisure centre in the hotel but had a quick look around it looked very nice. All in all i would have to say i will stay here again when im down in mayo. Hope ye guys have a brilliant 2013 and should be seeing ye soon

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo