“Great B&B in Ballina.Co.Mayo.Ireland.”
Review of Brigown B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballina
Brigown B&B
Ranked #4 of 20 Ballina B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Arriving late in Ballina(7.30pm) I called into a B&B on the outskirts,no joy,so a short drive down to the river's edge and quickly spotted Brigown B&B sign.I was greeted at the door by Marjorie in full flight, organising the photo shoot(for the next day) for her 4th cookery book, offering me a fresh scone and cup of tea and at the the same time talking to another guest who had brought in some freshly caught fish. Marjorie somehow managed to make me feel comfortable and part of the action. Then she showed me the menu for breakfast, a huge choice of fresh homemade dishes, that is served in a room with the best view, overlooking the river. Needless to say breakfast was superb! Marjorie gave me some really good tips for places to see in the area which turned out to be really interesting. Intending to stay one night only I booked a 2nd night. Definitely my best B&B so far in Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mark2167

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Marjorie is an exceptional hostess. While checking us in, she took the time to talk with us about our interests. I have been training for a marathon and Marjorie introduced me to her daughter, Rachel, who was visiting from France. Rachel happened to be an adventure runner. She took me on the most scenic guided run I have ever experienced along the Moy and through the Belleek Forest. She kept me honest with my goal pace and when we arrived home my fiancé and I were treated to a beautiful breakfast at the hostess's own kitchen table. Having gorged on the traditional full Irish breakfast with rashers and the whole lot every morning for nearly two weeks I decided to change it up. Marjorie's smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and her homemade bread were a heaping plate of heaven after an 8 mile run with a finely tuned athlete. I could not have had a more comfortable stay if it where my own family. Marjorie and her daughter are very charismatic acquaintances to make and I am sure Marjorie makes the extra effort to ensure a uniquely charming stay for every visitor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jillian S
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Were made to feel very welcome on arrival with a welcoming cup of tea and homemade cake .
the room was clean homely, but the breakfast was amazing with such varied choices and nothing being too much trouble from calling a taxi to organising a fishing trip on the River Moy sea trout fishing.
Will defiinitely be stopping there again when in Ballina

Room Tip: Front room spacious with lovely views of the River Moy, but in a quiet location due to being 50mts f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Phil H
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Thank you Marjorie for serving us a breakfast we will never forget. The pleasure began with selecting from the menu and ended with unexpected delicacies, all homemade. In fact the whole accommodation, its restful location, the nice and warm bedroom with a lovely view on the river, the breakfast room, everything is comfortable and makes you feel good. But that's not all, it's Marjorie herself who makes the stay at Brigown B&B unforgettable. She cares about all your needs and wishes with delight.
Marjories B&B is a big reason to come back to Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I had a really wonderful stay at Brigown B&B for two nights. We loved the location, set in a quiet spot outside of the center of Ballina on the River Moy. Our room had a view of the river and of the Belleek Woods. Marjorie greeted us warmly and had chocolate brownies and tea waiting for us that she made that day. The breakfast menu was very extensive and every thing was excellent. Sitting at the breakfast table both mornings was just a delight and the surroundings impeccable! Our bed was very comfortable and there where fresh flowers in our room. If we go back to Ballina, we'll be staying there again:)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Marjorie gave us a really warm welcome. The rooms were clean and spacious and the food was really great! We loved our stay and would highly recommend Brigown as an excellent B&B to anybody with a great value for money.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Benjamin K
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Brigown was billed as a cookery school B & B. Not so. The owner teaches cookery classes. Her breads and cakes were lovely, but her scrambled egg left a lot to be desired! Would have preferred cooked tomatoes, rather than raw. Salt was solidified in the cellar. What was with the cooker in the dining room?
The decour is dated and the rooms were in need of a good hoovering. The blankets were doubled over, which wasn't a good idea, as they just rested on top and didn't tuck in, leaving me feeling cold. The beds were not aired, even though the radiators were on, it was still very cold.
The dog tapping around in the timber floored room above us was a pain too, as were the human footsteps.
A bit more attention to detail and a good cleaning wouldn't go amiss.
Lovely location and nice and quiet.
Not great value at €40 each B & B
May be better in Summer time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family