“Good Food”

Brennan's Lane Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Ballina
Cuisines: European, Irish, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brennan’s Lane is in the heart of Ballina, on the evocatively named Garden Street. From outside it looks quite small, but this is deceiving as it stretches way back and is actually huge. It has an almost Tardis quality in the amount of space inside. Downstairs is the bar, where some pretty serious gigs take place while you will find the restaurant on the first floor. The dining room is beautifully designed and features exposed brick walls, cool sofa seats, plenty of well spaced tables and chairs and some interesting art, as well as a series of old style butchers blackboards showing farm animals and the parts the different cuts of meat come from. The room is long and fairly narrow, but well thought out design means it feels light and airy, and the open plan kitchen at one end adds to the sense of space. It is modern and elegant, warm and inviting. Description from Taste of Ireland by Paolo Tullio
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the B&B we were staying in. The food was good, great presentation and good portions. They accommodated all the allergies i.e. nut & lactose intolerance.

1  Thank JK_Queen

Reviewed August 10, 2013

food and service were great. Good value for money. It came highly recommended by 4 different locals in Ballina and they were right

3  Thank irishmaryann
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked Brennan's lane based on trip advisor reviews for my mums 60th birthday celebrations. Was nervous as were not from the area and had never eaten there before (and my entire family are big 'foodies'). No need for nerves...it was incredible. Staff could not have been any nicer/more helpful and in a very sincere way. Dropped in cake/decorations and they were so obliging. Had area all ready when we arrived. Were so nice to my 3 year old niece giving her crayons/ colouring pages. Even brought her into kitchen to carry out nana's desert with a candle. Menu choice was fantastic. Food was presented excellently, top class. Nobody could falt a thing with their meal....and that says something with my family!;-) to top it all of, it is unbelievably priced, absolutely incredible value, so resonable! genuinely looking forward to eating in Brennan's in the near future. A must if your anywhere near ballina!!

1  Thank Eclipse2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate here while staying in Ballina for the bank holiday weekend. It was so good we ended up going twice during our stay. The staff are lovely and friendly and the food is excellent. For such a nice, stylish restaurant they are incredibly child friendly which was great as we had our 3 year old in tow. On the first night I had chicken wings to start, the cashel blue dip was amazing. My husband had the Brie and his only complaint was that he would have liked a bit more! We both had fillet steaks for main and they were the best steaks we have had in a very long time in any restaurant. The béarnaise sauce that came with mine was nicer than any béarnaise I have had in France! Even though I was about to explode after eating a huge steak I could not resist the white chocolate cheesecake for dessert, what sold it for me was the caramel with salted peanuts that accompanied it and it didn't disappoint. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Quaint and very welcoming.
Staff friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and did that little bit extra to make the 40th wedding anniversary meal special and memorable. Many thanks.

2  Thank Nigel M