“Excellent food and service”

Brennan's Lane Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Ballina
Cuisines: European, Irish, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brennan’s Lane is in the heart of Ballina, on the evocatively named Garden Street. From outside it looks quite small, but this is deceiving as it stretches way back and is actually huge. It has an almost Tardis quality in the amount of space inside. Downstairs is the bar, where some pretty serious gigs take place while you will find the restaurant on the first floor. The dining room is beautifully designed and features exposed brick walls, cool sofa seats, plenty of well spaced tables and chairs and some interesting art, as well as a series of old style butchers blackboards showing farm animals and the parts the different cuts of meat come from. The room is long and fairly narrow, but well thought out design means it feels light and airy, and the open plan kitchen at one end adds to the sense of space. It is modern and elegant, warm and inviting. Description from Taste of Ireland by Paolo Tullio
Reviewed January 11, 2013

we visited here on a Thursday evening in January. the restaurant was very quiet but we had seen reviews on tripadvisor that seemed really positive.we were not disappointed. the food was gorgeous topped only by the friendly and welcoming service. it truly was a fantastic experience. both my girlfriend and I left with smiles on our faces.we would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wonderful,friendly staff.food has been faultless on every visit!super clean and great value!highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Aob212
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Myself and a colleague were in Ballina on business and had wanted to get out of the hotel for dinner. I used tripadviser.ie to search for the best restaurants in Ballina. Brennan's Lane was top in the list of best Restaurants so we decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed one bit. We had friendly, professional and attentive waiting staff (our favourites being Connor and Siphon). The atmosphere was great with a restaurant full of character. The food was fantastic and good value considering the main course sizes!!!! I had Pork Belly to start with, full of flavour, tender and exquisitely presented. For my main course I had a 10oz sirloin steak with Champ Mash, carrots, green beans wrapped in bacon with an accompanying peppercorn sauce. I asked for my steak Medium Rare which arrived just as requested. The steak was probably in the top 10 I have ever tasted! Absolutely beautiful, melt in the mouth and a real treat and delight for the taste buds! My colleague have the Atlantic Crab Claws to start with and then the Rump of Lamb. The first comment made was 'this is soooooooo amazing'.

I have no doubt Brennan's Lane deserves the accolade for being voted best restaurant in Ballina! Give this restaurant a go, you will be blown away on all aspects of your culinary experience!!!!!

3  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed January 4, 2013

was here about two months ago when i was on a few days break, food was really nice and great value.. very friendly staff. loved it, will be back

2  Thank mg m
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I work locally but only recently had the opportunity to go out for a quick bite on a mid-week evening in Brennan's Lane restaurant with a colleague.

The restaurant was empty when we came in, not surprising for this time of year I suppose. However, the service was welcoming and efficient. Very happy with the quality of the food, my colleague had the scallops and I had the Surf n Turf, both were very well presented and very tasty.

Overall, a very pleasant experience and I definitely be returning.

2  Thank MayoForSam