“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belleek Caravan and Camping Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballina
Belleek Caravan and Camping Park
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Neatest best kept campsite we have had the pleasure to stay in to date bar none. Good value has everything you or the kids coud ask for.
Everything from Tv room to BBQ area. Close to town. Iniscrone beach is 15 min drive away

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rib B

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
clare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

we stayed here for our first caravan holiday! we rented a delux 2 bed caravan which was big and spotlessly clean the family run park is beautiful esp with the new edition of the foul in the field beside us, the park is very well kept lawns beautiful with a playground and tennis court for the children a games room and tv room. i loved this place so much we are going to book for next year for longer as 5 nights was not long enough for us!!!! thank you for the great welcome!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank a m
Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just spent the June bank holiday weekend here and have to say it was probably one of our best short breaks. We have camped a lot ourselves as a couple but it was the first time to camp with the kids and they absolutely had a ball and didn't want to come home at all. We had a family tent and also hooked up to the electricity which we found brillitant as we used our cooler box as our fridge and we could also use our electric kettle for tea. The park was so clean and well equipped. The owners were extremely nice and friendly. I was so impressed by the site that I decided that I would write a review on the park when I got home. There is so much for kids to do on site. There is a room with a table tennis table that has bats left for use. You can buy the ball for a euro at the shop or better still bring your own! Beside that is another large room that has two football tables there - 50 cent per game. In here is the tv with couches and chairs and also a huge shelving area with leaflets for all sorts of activities and restaurants in the area. There is also an open fire here which was not lit while we were there but there was some wood and turf in a bucket beside it so maybe it is lit in colder weather. Beside this room is the campers kitchen which has a lot of tables and chairs to dine inside. It is equipped with a microwave and an oven. There is also an electric kettle for use and a fridge for storage. It also has sinks to do your washing up with plenty of hot water. Next there was an outdoor bbq area which had picnic tables for dining outdoors. It had 4 stone built in areas for to bbq your food. You could either buy the bbq charcoal at the shop or a disposable one or bring your own as some people did. Opposite this was the playground which my youngest really enjoyed. On site there was also a tennis court and further down was a large football pitch. We used the showers on our last morning and found them clean and very good even for my two who always complain about hot/cold/water in eyes etc. etc. but strangely enough no complaints here! It cost 1 euro for a token and 1 token gave about 5/6 minutes of good hot water so it was more than adequate. The shop is stocked with all the essentials that you might need. Ballina town itself has tescos, dunnes, lidl and penneys so there is plenty of places to stock up on whatever you need. Eventhough it rained solid for 14 hours from Saturday evening through Sunday morning (with two little leaks in the living area of our tent) it didn't put us off as the park was so good and so well equipped. The kids really didn't want to leave as they had made friends too. We will definatley be coming back to this park and would highly recommend this especially for families.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank galwaygirl73
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

we arrived on Good Friday for a 3 night stay and were given a warm friendly greeting.

Facilites were clean and well presented. Good kitchen/bbq area and TV room.

Park is well laid out and very clean. The owners laid on an Easter egg hunt for the children.

Site is well situated for touring in North Mayo.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Who_KnowsIreland
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have just had 4 nights at Belleek and it was excellent.

In short it is a very well laid out park with loads of space and good facilities. The owners run a good site and maintenance is of a high standard.

When considering where to stay I used Trip Advisor (as you are now) and was in two minds about this place because of two poor reviews. Let me put your minds to reast this place is good. With respect to the poor reviews I would like to draw your attention to the fact hat one poor review was written by a visitor rather a customer. For my money I'm very happy that the owners do not tolerate interlopers on their site. They are very clear that everyone needs to report to recepetion so in short I'd ignore that review. The other poor review is by a younger person who seemed to have a bad weekend - happens us all every now and then - but in fairness to the people trying to make a living for Bellek camping review seems to have been written in a fit of rage it is very unbalanced and does not give a true reflection of the place. I can;t say that this review ought to be dismissed but they are not describing the site I stayed in this week.

One small suggestion for the team is to spruce up the children's play area over the winter. It's looking tired.

Thanks and yes we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nat C
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

We have stayed for 3 different 9 day breaks in our touring caravan this year and have loved every minute.
Lovely well kept site and great walks for Toby our little dog.
We know we can go out through the day and relax knowing Joe and Phil are always around the park making sure everything is safe and secure.
God willing we shall be back 2011. Best park we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abbey273
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

This was the most terrible place I have ever been, I went to visit some friends on this site. The very rude owner asked why we was there? I explained I was going to have lunch with my friends. As I was west that weekend I decided I'd call and have a day out with them think again I was told by the owner that I could only stay for a half hour as they don't like visitors. I had my 2 boys with me, I can tell you there is nothing for them to do the playground has 2 swings and 2 slides that have seen better days a rundown tennis court an nothing really else.
The caravan was in bits parts broken off the windows and the place had to be bleached out before anything could be used and this included the toliet and bath. This Caravan & camp site was voted best for 2010?? Laugh or what just goes to show if they checked the whole lot of the caravans instead of the 1 this would not have got that review.
Owners very rude and spoke to my children like they were vermon and made a point of letting us know we had outstayed our welcome, we only stayed an hour but it was an hour of our time wasted I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends