Belleek Caravan and Camping Park
$89
$68
  • Breakfast included
Great National Hotel Ballina(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$99
HotelQuickly
$77
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscampers kitchentable tennistoilet blockgreat campsiteoutdoor bbqballina townindoor games roompeaceful sitewashing machinenight staysalmontokenbelleekfacilitiesfusemayolaundry
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have just had 4 nights at Belleek and it was excellent.

In short it is a very well laid out park with loads of space and good facilities. The owners run a good site and maintenance is of a high standard.

When considering where to stay I used Trip Advisor (as you are now) and was in two minds about this place because of two poor reviews. Let me put your minds to reast this place is good. With respect to the poor reviews I would like to draw your attention to the fact hat one poor review was written by a visitor rather a customer. For my money I'm very happy that the owners do not tolerate interlopers on their site. They are very clear that everyone needs to report to recepetion so in short I'd ignore that review. The other poor review is by a younger person who seemed to have a bad weekend - happens us all every now and then - but in fairness to the people trying to make a living for Bellek camping review seems to have been written in a fit of rage it is very unbalanced and does not give a true reflection of the place. I can;t say that this review ought to be dismissed but they are not describing the site I stayed in this week.

One small suggestion for the team is to spruce up the children's play area over the winter. It's looking tired.

Thanks and yes we'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Nat C
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We have stayed for 3 different 9 day breaks in our touring caravan this year and have loved every minute.
Lovely well kept site and great walks for Toby our little dog.
We know we can go out through the day and relax knowing Joe and Phil are always around the park making sure everything is safe and secure.
God willing we shall be back 2011. Best park we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Betty R
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This was the most terrible place I have ever been, I went to visit some friends on this site. The very rude owner asked why we was there? I explained I was going to have lunch with my friends. As I was west that weekend I decided I'd call and have a day out with them think again I was told by the owner that I could only stay for a half hour as they don't like visitors. I had my 2 boys with me, I can tell you there is nothing for them to do the playground has 2 swings and 2 slides that have seen better days a rundown tennis court an nothing really else.
The caravan was in bits parts broken off the windows and the place had to be bleached out before anything could be used and this included the toliet and bath. This Caravan & camp site was voted best for 2010?? Laugh or what just goes to show if they checked the whole lot of the caravans instead of the 1 this would not have got that review.
Owners very rude and spoke to my children like they were vermon and made a point of letting us know we had outstayed our welcome, we only stayed an hour but it was an hour of our time wasted I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shinnybabe
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Well were do i begin. Oh yes i know, the rudeness of the women owner of the camp site. i think her name is Joe. When we arrived we were not greated with a very warm welcome but more of a grunt. Oh and yes were were given a set of rules and Parting was one issue that was emphasized. I feel this was as a result of us beeing young adults which i felt was a bit discriminating. We had already prebooked a spot for a tent but on arrival there was no mention of this and it was like booking it all over again.

On arrival at the camp site, it was raining out of the heavens and i dnt mean a weeee light shower. it fully poured. we were told that we would have been contacted prior to our arrival on the camp site if the conditions were unlivable. Nedless to say i am still waiting for that phone call. We put the tent up in the rain, which meant we were absolutly drenched so we had to use the facilities to wash up. As i entered i was "Greated" with a smudge of [--] that was on the floor. Now if that isnt enough to put anyone of then i dnt no what is.

Now that night, from 6 o'clock to 4 in the morning a party was held in a caravan beside us. And let me tell you it wasnt a wee get tohether party. The music was fully as loud as it could be. Mmmmm and if i do recall we were told no parties were aloud. This anoyed me greatly and the rest of my friends. Nedless to say that was the only night we stayed. We headed home the next day to our own beds.

Now dont get me wrong the town of Ballina was absolutly amazing and i had a great 12 hours in the town but from a trip that was for 4 nights to 12 hours, i would advise anyone considering staying there to think again. Another option would be some lovely B and B's in the town.

As for the camp site being 4****, i would rate it 1* because the camp site was disgusting in every way. And the official website lies. its about a 40min walk into town, not 10. Very disapointing.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Rab45
Reviewed April 8, 2007

Good site, well laid out and well looked after.
Owners are very friendly and helpful.
If you are in a motorhome and intend leaving your pitch during the day for some sight seeing, make sure you leave something to mark the pitch as in use. We did not do this and on our return there was a caravan in our place. We ended up on a grass pitch with dodgy electrics.

good pub nearby and further half hour walk to Ballina, loads of taxis for return journey.

• Stayed: April 2007