Unfortunately my stay in Mount Falcon was only 1 night. It was one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences I have ever had.
Most importantly the staff are amazing, from the minute my friend and I walked in the door the could not have been nicer or more accomodating. You were made to feel welcome and special every second of your visit. They were both professional and thoughtful.
The rooms are spacious, bright, warm, clean and well equiped. You could actually spend a day just realxing in your room. However that would be a waste. The estate has so many facilities to be enjoyed. The pool is beautiful and there are lots of outdoor activies you can try. For the less adventurous there are lots of easy walks through out the estate. Some nice features on the walks include an old graveyard, megolitic tomb and ancient well.
We ate in the bar for lunch and dinner - the food was perfect, a nice selection, great quality and lovely flavours. Breakfast was a great treat, you order your cooked breakfast which is then made fresh for you - no hot buffet :) Lovely selection on the cold buffet too - plenty to choose from.
I can not reccomend this hotel enough. Open fires, great food and fantastic staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Falcon Estate lies by the banks of The River Moy ( the most prolific wild Atlantic Salmon river in Ireland ) between Foxford and Ballina ( The Salmon Capital of Ireland ). The Estate consists of a 4 star deluxe 32 bedroom hotel, Luxury lodges, fishing for wild Atlantic Salmon on its own stretch of the river Moy, a 3 acre rainbow trout stocked lake, a School of Falconry, 100 acres of mature woodland, a 3 km walking / jogging / biking trail, an Elemis Spa and Clay pigeon shooting. The house was built in 1876 and was a wedding present from one young groom to his new wife. The Estate was originally owned by The Knox family whose ancestors are buried in the circular graveyard next to a Megalithic tomb located on the Estate. Opened in 2006 Mount Falcon was the youngest ever hotel to win The AA Hotel of the year. In 2015 the Hotel was named the best Manor House Hotel in Ireland. The Hotels 'Kitchen Restaurant' holds 2 AA Rosettes and has received numerous awards for Best Hotel Restaurant in Connaught and The Best Head Chef in Connaught, the most recent award received was in 2015 for Best Chef in Connaught(by the Good Eating Guide). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mount Falcon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel Ballina
- Mount Falcon Country Hotel
- Mount Falcon Country Ballina