My wife and I had a two night break at this hotel 26-28 Nov. '13. It was our third time to stay there twice in the hotel and once in the Courtyard apartments with our daughter and her family. This is just a lovely place and a great hotel. The rooms are excellent, the food is excellent and the grounds of the estate just marvelous to walk through. If you are interested in trees, birds and Irish wildlife generally this is truly the place to visit - even in early winter. And the staff - just wonderful from Valerie the duty manager, Paddy the lady who looked after our breakfast each morning, Stephen who looked after the bar and served our evening dinner in the bar and the man whose name we didn't get but who kept the three log fires going - they couldn't be more helpful. We have travelled quiet a bit both at home and abroad but put simply this is probably the nicest hotel in Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Falcon Estate lies by the banks of The River Moy ( the most prolific wild Atlantic Salmon river in Ireland ) between Foxford and Ballina ( The Salmon Capital of Ireland ). The Estate consists of a 4 star deluxe 32 bedroom hotel, Luxury lodges, fishing for wild Atlantic Salmon on its own stretch of the river Moy, a 3 acre rainbow trout stocked lake, a School of Falconry, 100 acres of mature woodland, a 3 km walking / jogging / biking trail, an Elemis Spa and Clay pigeon shooting. The house was built in 1876 and was a wedding present from one young groom to his new wife. The Estate was originally owned by The Knox family whose ancestors are buried in the circular graveyard next to a Megalithic tomb located on the Estate. Opened in 2006 Mount Falcon was the youngest ever hotel to win The AA Hotel of the year. In 2015 the Hotel was named the best Manor House Hotel in Ireland. The Hotels 'Kitchen Restaurant' holds 2 AA Rosettes and has received numerous awards for Best Hotel Restaurant in Connaught and The Best Head Chef in Connaught, the most recent award received was in 2015 for Best Chef in Connaught(by the Good Eating Guide). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mount Falcon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel Ballina
- Mount Falcon Country Hotel
- Mount Falcon Country Ballina