“Good food.Good value.”

The Lantern Chinese Restaurant & Take Away
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established in 1986 by Sunny & Loretta Ho, The Lantern Chinese is the oldest and best known Chinese restaurant in Ballina. Famous for it's original dishes such as Spicy Chicken Wings & Chicken Dry Hot & Spicy. The Lantern continues to offer authentic Chinese cuisine at exceptional value and great service in a cosy and relaxing environment with stunning views of the River Moy & St Muredachs Cathedral. Now offering our Early Bird Value Menu Mon-Thur - €18 2 courses with a great selection of dishes to choose from. Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Business, Special Occasion Dining, Entertaining clients, Birthdays, Hens & StagsDining options: Dinner, Reservations, Take Away, Delivery Service, Full Bar Licence,
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Ive eaten here on a number of occasions over the last few years. It's a well established restaurant in the town and I am always happy with the visit. The food is very nice and the restaurant is clean. I found the staff friendly. Overall very satisfied and I would recommend

TheLanternManager, Manager at The Lantern Chinese Restaurant & Take Away, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Hi Brianknockdomney,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I am happy to hear that you are a repeat customer and that you find our food, tasty and value for money. It is always pleasing to hear compliments on our service and staff.

Look forward to serving you in The Lantern again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

this resturant is well worth a visit, food is delicious and cooked perfectly. the staff are great and the atmosphere is always good.

Hi flyfisherchris,

Thank you for taking time to post feedback on our restaurant. We appreciate your kind comments and delighted to hear that enjoy our food and service.

We hope to see you back in The Lantern soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant food, good prices and takeaways are always on time and brilliant. Will be going back for sure.

TheLanternManager, Manager at The Lantern Chinese Restaurant & Take Away, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hi Peterhennigan242,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy our food and that you find our prices are reasonable and good value. We aim to provide all of customers in the restaurant and take-away with attentive and friendly service along with tasty and quality meals at affordable prices.

We look forward to seeing you in The Lantern soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

dated decor funny smell food quite nice but afraid for safety reason so could nt eat in peace eat out a lot have family in ballina wont be back :(

3  Thank marie d

Hi marie d

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had an unpleasant experience and I would be grateful if you could message with the specific details regarding the issues you experienced while dining in our restaurant. Alot of our customers compliment that our restaurant is quaint, cosy and relaxing, however I do respect your opinion on the decor. With regards your comments the smell and concerns for your personal safety; I cannot comment further other than our restaurant is fully ventilated and there has never been any complaint by any customer on the smell. I am shocked to hear that you feared for your safety during your meal and I would encourage you to contact me with further details on this. Our front of house staff are courteous, friendly and attentive and ensure that all our customers are looked after.

I look forward to hearing from you and again my sincere apologies for the negative experience.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

chicken dry hot and Spicy... Wow. Overall the food is really nice

Hi k_mchale11,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed our most famous dish Chicken Dry Hot & Spicy and that you had a pleasant evening in The Lantern.

We hope to see you soon.