“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ballina
Dublin, Ireland
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here one night in June while on a fishing trip in the area. A little disappointed not to have hotel parkins as spaces were full. Not too problematic as it was a weekend and I had parking on the street, however one likes to have the security of a hotel cark park.
The biggest bonus was my room which was overlooking the river, I could even hear it. the room itself was pretty much what one expects at this level: clean, tidy, nice bathroom (good gels and shampoo, which I always think is a good sign in a hotel), good TV although I never look at it.
Had a continental breakfast, so not much to comment on there apart from the absence of croissants, which I do like. the Irish breakfasts looked fine but I don't usually have one.
Service friendly and pleasant, prices very reasonable. Very good and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: River view is very nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ballina_manor, Manager at Ballina Manor Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Patrick C

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. Did you catch any fish? As mentioned previously, we are blessed with our fantastic town centre location but sometimes parking can be limited - but we do offer permits to our guests to park in an over-flow car-park. I am sorry that you did not have any croissants with breakfast as we do bake them freshly every morning (maybe they had just run out and were waiting for some more from the kitchen).

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon - maybe again before the fishing season is over?

Take care

Edel Sweeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here last week and it was the best experience I have had in a hotel in quiet a while, I travel regularly for work and from start to finish it was the most relaxing and friendly two nights I have ever spent away from home! A true credit to the Irish hospitality industry, every member of staff that I encountered went out of their way to ensure I was happy and comfortable. This hotel is 4 star luxury, clean, affordable, excellent food and service, topped off with free WiFi and parking. Will definitely be returning when I am in the area. Thanks to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ballina_manor, Manager at Ballina Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear DWalsh941

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor Review, we are delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Our team here do their utmost to ensure that each and every guest have a feeling of home away from home and I see that we certainly achieved this for your stay. We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to The Manor in the near future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ballina Manor for 5 nights at the end of May and had a thoroughly enjoyable week. The room, which overlooked the river was very spacious, clean and well appointed. The hotel is ideally located in the centre of Ballina which suited our requirements very well. The car park was a little tight at times but we always found a space. The staff were very friendly and efficient, and the food at breakfast and in the bar were very good. Would we stay again? Very definitely.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mrwilliewombat

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all the Team here in The Manor and we are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Armagh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

After a 3 hour journey we where told that they couldn't find our booking by last minute.com
The girl at reception was very pleasant and said she would try and find us an apartment or upgrade us at the very least. When the manager took over she was very matter of fact and unfriendly. She found us a room which was very old fashioned with a view of the chiefs having a smoke,the bath also had chips in it.I told them I was not happy and was given another room which was just as bad. Decided not to stay and was assured I would get a refund,couldn't see the manager as she was in a ''meeting'' 9 o clock at night? Was given half my money back as a " good will gesture".
There is no good will in taking 69.22 of my hard earned money from me. Would never consider staying.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Siobhan C
ballina_manor, Manager at Ballina Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Siobhan C

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip advisor review, I am truly sorry that your room did not meet your expectations and I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with you if you could contact me directly here in the Hotel on 096-80900 or via email at edel.sweeney@ballinamanorhotel.ie

I hope to hear from you soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

From the first moments, I felt welcomed. After a long trip, the inviting reception area warmed by a cozy fire and the cheerful young man at registration gave me a sense of that I had found a very comfortable place to stay. This hotel has it all; friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast, and lovely rooms and public areas. It's location: close to town center, bus and train station.makes it an ideal place from which to explore Ballina.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary L

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review, we really appreciate it! I will be sure to pass on all of your kind comments to the entire team and we are really looking forward to welcoming you back to The Manor soon.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Arrived in middle of snowstorm to warm and a welcoming riverside hotel.
Although car parking was tight as previously reviewed, it was adequate and free!. Hotel quiet for Valentine's day but so was whole town. Lovely fire in reception and spacious room with river view. Absolute bargain for what we paid!

Will return in summer

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Peter C

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our free guest parking is certainly an added bonus in our town-centre location and I hope you had a lovely Valentines Day - be sure to give us all call if you are in the area for Valentines Day 2015 and we will look after you!

Looking forward to seeing you back in The Manor soon!

County Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Ballina Manor is ideally placed in the centre of the town over looking the River Moy both for visitors and business people alike looking to stay in the locality . The hotel is comfortable , a bright reception and the bedrooms are all a good size , free bottles of water and basic toiletries on arrival are all welcoming .But the jewel in the crown is the wonderful staff who help to make your stay special. Nothing is too much to ask for, a very customer orientated hotel The reception team led by Thomas , the bar staff to the ladies who greet you for breakfast always with a smile ( best fresh , hot plated Irish breakfast in town) to the night porter , all excellent . If you want good service , Ballina Manor is the place to be , well done to all concerned .

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mothersapplepie
Dear Mothersapplepie

Many thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have pasted on your lovely feedback to all of the team here in The Manor.
We are really looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Edel Sweeney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballina
Great National Hotel Ballina
#3 of 9 in Ballina
Diamond Coast Hotel
Diamond Coast Hotel
#2 of 3 in Enniscrone

Been to Ballina Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!