“Wonderful”

Ballina Manor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ballina
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My sister and I stayed in BestWestern Plus Ballina Manor Hotel in February and it was wonderful. From the moment we entered the hotel until our departure, each and every member of the team we met could not have done enough for us. Food wonderful - would love to go back

Room Tip: Request a River View Room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ballina Manor Hotel

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel fronts up well, lovely fire in the comfortable lobby. I think refurbished a year or two ago and most bedroom fittings are functional and ok. Light in bathroom and towel rail didn't work, but when I requested a DVD player staff bent over backwards to get one and set it up for me. TV's not much good - I could get only a very grainy BBC 1 picture and I think Channel 4, but no other UK TV channels. A bit frustrating. This hotel has a lot of repeat customers, especially with business travellers so it is obviously very acceptable and convenient. Staff, without exception, are absolutely great - friendly, chatty and will do anything to help. However, the restaurant is a real let-down. I ate there the first night and it is so gloomy that you want to get out as quickly as possible. However, as the hotel is in the town centre you can easily walk to some really, really good places to eat. Car park is also a bit of a nightmare - it's very limited and tight. But it can't have been too bad as I'm going back there on business in June.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lauran1902
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel Sat and Sunday and have to say i had a lovely time. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a room that overlooked the river which was great. Dinner and breakfast as lovely, couldnt fault it. I would definetly reccomend this hotel and hope to return again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My partner and I spend last saturday in the Manor hotel. We could not have faulted anything. Thomas on reception was most helpful and on a very cold evening the open fire in reception was most welcoming.

We did not dine there but the breakfast was excellent.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for good location, friendly staff and good accomodation.

We will return soon

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Moy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night, found the hotel easily enough, the carpark is a bit difficult to maneuver though and not very many spaces.
Check in was quick, our room was great. We used the pool, which is quite small (only 1m deep) but the novelty of the pool to ourselves did the job for my partner's daughter.
Breakfast the next morning was ok, I'm all in favour of hot plates but when they brought out the childs breakfast on a plate so hot that I couldnt even touch to cut up the food was ridiculous. I eventually transeferred the child's breakfast to a side plate.
Also the heating didnt work in the room that night, we rang down to reception and they quickly brought up an electric heater, however we didnt feel very safe leaving it plugged in all night but then the heating came on at about 8am so the hotel must have had it switched off.
Overall it was enjoyable but we had a few issues

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed in the Ballina Manor Hotel with friends for a week-end break and we were not disappointed.

Staff were pleasant, food was first class - congratulations to the chef on the quality of food produced and the weather was amazing.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a centrally located hotel in a town with a great selection of independent stores.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

What can I say my sister and I stayed her for 3 nights and it was excellent-food service and particularly Clodagh.The hotel is spotless and the stay very friendly and helpful.Would recommend and will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maj085
Travelers also viewed these Ballina hotels
Great National Hotel Ballina
#1 of 9 in Ballina
The Downhill Inn
The Downhill Inn
#9 of 9 in Ballina

Been to Ballina Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ballina Manor Hotel

Address: Barrett Street | The Moy Ridgepool & Salmon Weir, Ballina F26 HY84, Ireland (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Ballina Manor Hotel)
Location: Ireland > Western Ireland > Province of Connacht > County Mayo > Ballina
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ballina
Price Range: $67 - $133 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Ballina Manor Hotel 4*
Ballina Manor Hotel is perched on the banks of the River Moy and overlooks St Muredach's Cathedral. The hotel offers a fine dining restaurant, rooms with free Wi-Fi, swimming pool, gym and traditional Irish bar. All of our spacious rooms at the Manor have ensuite bathrooms with showers and baths and come with all the mod cons you would expect including flat screen TVs, hairdryers and tea and coffee making facilities. The Ridgepool Restaurant has floor-to-ceiling windows and offers panoramic views of the of the world-famous River Moy. There is an international menu with fresh fish specials. In the heart of Ballina, the hotel is close to town’s shopping district. Ballina Train and Bus Station is a 5-minute walk away and free parking is available at the hotel. Ballina is the ideal location for your west of Ireland holiday being equidistant from Donegal and Galway as well as being very close to Wesport, Connemara, Achill, Belmullet, Enniscrone, Sligo and being a destination town on the route of the Wild Atlantic Way. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ballina Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.