“Great Irish bar”
Review of The Dock Bar - CLOSED

The Dock Bar
Cuisines: International
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Lively and friendly and always busy! The night was enhanced by a guitar player/singer and a multitude of Irish locals who were out for a good time. We asked if food was being served and (although there wasn't actually a bar food menu) we were presented with three large platters of hot nibbles. A great night out!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

we went there with my husband for a late drink and the place was busy and very nice for a drink , not too noisy and they do serve nice pint!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2011

I had cod fingers (huge), my fiance had stuffed chicken (cordon bleu I think?) - both were wonderful - hot, fresh,nicely presented and tasty! The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, staff is very pleasant and helpful, and the prices are more than fair for very nice portions. We also had a couple of good fresh pints for a very reasonable price. They also serve relatively late, about 8pm. The only drawback is that there is not much street parking in front but there is plenty of parking within about a block at the most. We definitely think it's worth the walk and we will be returning.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

Fantastic menu, excellent choice and reasonably priced. They give such a great feed u will be stuffed-very generous portions and good service.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

I've eaten in every restaurant in Ballina over the last couple of years and some come close but "The Dock" is the best meal I've eaten in years. Really tasty food thats great value for money. The staff were very helpfull and didn't hover over us every two minutes asking if everything was o.k. while we had mouthfulls of food. I couldn't stop myself sampling some of everybodys meal in my company and would love to, and will hopefully return to try everything on the menu. Compliments to the chef and staff.