“Super Frienly Bar”

Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Ballina
Cuisines: Irish, International, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the town, you'll find the atmospheric Dillons courtyard an ideal place in which to chill out after a busy day. This refreshing haven gives local residents and visitors an opportunity to enjoy a drink, bar food or evening dinner in a unique location.We pride ourselves on delivering Restaurant food in a relaxed casual setting. Dillons is now under the stewardship of Paul Regan.Paul brings a lifetime of experience in the bar and catering trade to Dillons.Our motto is simple 'Quality Food at a Reasonable Price'.Whether it's a casual meal by the fireside or a more formal dinner in the restaurant you can be guaranteed of top quality fayre and friendly and efficient service. We specialize in catering for all family occasions. Christenings,Communions,Confirmations,Birthdays,Anniversaries,Post wedding day celebrations and have menu's to suit each occasion.A simple phone call is all it takes.We can also proivide entertainment for your family occasion,from a Traditional Irish music session to a lively local band.Ballina was originally one of Ireland's major ports. The Bond Store Warehouse (now Dillons) was built in the early 1800s beside the river Moy. It stored the imported liquor and porter that had been placed under Custom Seals until the appropriate duty had been paid. Dillons Terrace was of significant commercial importance and is steeped in local history. The stone floor in Dillons Bar originated from Kilmainham Gaol and a huge chimney breast in the bar was once used as a hopper to process grain.
Dublin
“Super Frienly Bar”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This bar is well worth checking out. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The food is delicious and very keenly priced.

Donegal
“Fabulous Family Get Together”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our family got together for a birthday celebration meal at Dillon's last Sunday (16 adults/children). We had a beautiful meal served by a happy, friendly, engaging & caring team. Food quality was excellent, good value and served in a timely manner. Kids were so well looked after with toys & crayons/pictures provided. Overall a brilliant experience and we will be back.

• Visited May 2013
“A Busy Wednesday Night...”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was back in Ballina again on Wednesday evening for business so I popped into Dillons for some food. I couldn't believe it when I walked through the door how busy it was for a Wednesday evening. There's must have been 30-40 people eating. I again was greeted by the manager who got me a nice quiet seat in the corner. I had the smoked salmon and crab roulade to start which was fabulous and for mains I'd the duck two ways which was a unique dish accompanied by rice, homemade duck spring roll and Asian vegetables. It tasted as good as it looked. Yet again I was not disappointed with the quality of food or service which seems to be getting better and better. As I was leaving there was a trad session about to start. I wanted to stay but I couldn't.. Next Time ...And There Will Be A Next Time...

Pontoon, Mayo, Ireland
“Fabulous Meal”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hi myself , and my husband and 17 month went for an evening meal in Dilllons, on Monday 6 th May.
We were greeted by bar tender with a smile a feeding chair with crayons and picture to entertain my very boisterous son. Straight away , i was put at ease as mealtimes with a baby in public can be a very stressful experience. We got menu which had amaazing mouth watering choices to choose from. i chose the breast of chicken, my husband had steak sandwich and my son soup and mash. It was beautiful, presentation 100 %, service 100%, and the taste to die for ! Will be definately back ......... regularly!!!

County Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Been here a few times and always come back this time with a few friends just for drinks but then got hungry so ordered food. Hd a lovey meal and prices not too bad. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lively bar and good atmosphere in the bar. There was music on the night so that was an extra bonus wil be ballina again soon.

• Visited April 2013