“Fabulous Meal”

Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Ballina
Cuisines: Irish, International, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the town, you'll find the atmospheric Dillons courtyard an ideal place in which to chill out after a busy day. This refreshing haven gives local residents and visitors an opportunity to enjoy a drink, bar food or evening dinner in a unique location.We pride ourselves on delivering Restaurant food in a relaxed casual setting. Dillons is now under the stewardship of Paul Regan.Paul brings a lifetime of experience in the bar and catering trade to Dillons.Our motto is simple 'Quality Food at a Reasonable Price'.Whether it's a casual meal by the fireside or a more formal dinner in the restaurant you can be guaranteed of top quality fayre and friendly and efficient service. We specialize in catering for all family occasions. Christenings,Communions,Confirmations,Birthdays,Anniversaries,Post wedding day celebrations and have menu's to suit each occasion.A simple phone call is all it takes.We can also proivide entertainment for your family occasion,from a Traditional Irish music session to a lively local band.Ballina was originally one of Ireland's major ports. The Bond Store Warehouse (now Dillons) was built in the early 1800s beside the river Moy. It stored the imported liquor and porter that had been placed under Custom Seals until the appropriate duty had been paid. Dillons Terrace was of significant commercial importance and is steeped in local history. The stone floor in Dillons Bar originated from Kilmainham Gaol and a huge chimney breast in the bar was once used as a hopper to process grain.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hi myself , and my husband and 17 month went for an evening meal in Dilllons, on Monday 6 th May.
We were greeted by bar tender with a smile a feeding chair with crayons and picture to entertain my very boisterous son. Straight away , i was put at ease as mealtimes with a baby in public can be a very stressful experience. We got menu which had amaazing mouth watering choices to choose from. i chose the breast of chicken, my husband had steak sandwich and my son soup and mash. It was beautiful, presentation 100 %, service 100%, and the taste to die for ! Will be definately back ......... regularly!!!

There are newer reviews for Dillons Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Been here a few times and always come back this time with a few friends just for drinks but then got hungry so ordered food. Hd a lovey meal and prices not too bad. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lively bar and good atmosphere in the bar. There was music on the night so that was an extra bonus wil be ballina again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were recommended by our landlady and Greenhill B & B and, having taken up her suggestion, we were really pleased with the dinner we had there. Delicious food and we would highly recommend it.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am from Ballina and have dined in most of the restaurants here in town. A couple of Saturdays ago I brought my mother and son to Dillons as I had not been there in quite a while. The last time I was there it was under different management. I had forgotten how delightful the location of this restaurant is. It's tucked away under an arch and has a very safe courtyard outside.

The night we were there the restaurant was packed but the manager was able to secure me a table almost immediately beside the fire. It was busy with different types of groups, a confirmation I think, a few families and also a couple of groups of friends all enjoying the place. Dillons is lovely inside, has a lovely warm atmosphere and the staff were all bustling around organising all the tables.

We had a most attentive waitress who took some time to explain the specials to us and to take our drinks order. I had the steak which was on special and served with onions and mushrooms and some mash. Delicious! My mother enjoyed the Duck, she is quite fussy and agreed that the duck was cooked perfectly. It was on the menu that it was served with rice but the waitress advised that if she wanted to have mash it wouldn't be a problem. My son had the chicken wings from the starter menu and he polished them all off. We also had dessert which were lovely.

If you want good food with a nice atmosphere I can't recommend Dillons highly enough. The manager (possibly the owner) made it his business to go around to all the tables and make sure every one was ok. A nice touch as you knew he really appreciated your business.

Just as we were leaving some musicians were arriving so it's my intention to go down some night and stay a bit longer. I asked the waitress who told me they have music regularly.

Overall a great meal.

I

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great food and great service. Manager knows what he is doing and makes sure he acknowledges everyone who enters the place, unlike the last manager. New manager checks to see if everything is ok but is not overdoing it or in your face while you are eating like some places. Very relaxing atmosphere and overall a nice place to eat. Will definately be back.

1  Thank irishladyMayo