“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Ballina
Cuisines: Irish, International, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the town, you'll find the atmospheric Dillons courtyard an ideal place in which to chill out after a busy day. This refreshing haven gives local residents and visitors an opportunity to enjoy a drink, bar food or evening dinner in a unique location.We pride ourselves on delivering Restaurant food in a relaxed casual setting. Dillons is now under the stewardship of Paul Regan.Paul brings a lifetime of experience in the bar and catering trade to Dillons.Our motto is simple 'Quality Food at a Reasonable Price'.Whether it's a casual meal by the fireside or a more formal dinner in the restaurant you can be guaranteed of top quality fayre and friendly and efficient service. We specialize in catering for all family occasions. Christenings,Communions,Confirmations,Birthdays,Anniversaries,Post wedding day celebrations and have menu's to suit each occasion.A simple phone call is all it takes.We can also proivide entertainment for your family occasion,from a Traditional Irish music session to a lively local band.Ballina was originally one of Ireland's major ports. The Bond Store Warehouse (now Dillons) was built in the early 1800s beside the river Moy. It stored the imported liquor and porter that had been placed under Custom Seals until the appropriate duty had been paid. Dillons Terrace was of significant commercial importance and is steeped in local history. The stone floor in Dillons Bar originated from Kilmainham Gaol and a huge chimney breast in the bar was once used as a hopper to process grain.
Auburn, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten here twice already and the food is always amazing. Service with Margaret is spot on and the salad with the black pudding is a must. We have tried both the seafood pie & Irish sirloin and have a hard time choosing a favorite. We will be going back again before we leave.

1 Thank Wyldreams

Ballina, Ireland
“GREAT VENUE”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The foods is just fantastic, the whole place has a wonderful atmosphere, and the staff are most obliging plus if you like session music it's a great place for that and you can partake if you're able and willing.

Visited September 2012
Ireland
“Find me if you can”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Last minute booking but a real gem. The staff are brilliant and the food nearly as good. This lovely place is in a stone courtyard very near the River.Not like us plan a trip here.

Omagh, United Kingdom
“Authentic Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This bar/restaurant was recommended by a friend to me and I'll definitely be doing the same for others. This place is a little hidden from view as its concealed in an old style stone courtyard about 2-3 mins walk from the center of Ballina, but its worth finding. The first thing I noticed was that the restaurant seemed quite busy, mainly with locals which I would always take as a good sign.

We ate in the late afternoon in the bar, between 5 and 6 and the food was absolutely perfect. I had the peppered beef burger and my girlfriend had the Roast Chicken both of us were more than satisfied. The chicken was stuffed with ricotta and spinach and was really top class. The Burger had a really nice relish on it and the pepper sauce came on the side, which was also really good.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, and overall I couldn't have asked for any more.

10 out of 10 for me!

• Visited September 2012
Dublin
“Fabulous Food, Wonderful Atmosphere, Great Service!!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I can't recommend Dillons Bar & Restaurant highly enough! While travelling back to Dublin from a wonderful wedding in the west I was delighted to stumble across this hidden gem! Tucked away in a beautiful stone building, Dillons restaurant oozes character and class from first glance. We were greeted by friendly staff and a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

I cant speak highly enough of the food. I opted for stuffed chicken breast with cream cheese, spinach and roasted peppers served on a bed of mash potatoe and roasted veg (amazing). My boyfriend opted for the homemade beef burger which looked and tasted delightful! The food was tasty, fresh and cooked to perfection!! We were both too full for dessert but did enjoy a cup of fresh coffee! I hate when restaurants produce filter coffee at the end of your meal, lovely treat to receive a good quality americano!

Also, I couldnt help but notice that the children at the table next to me received colouring books and pencils to keep them entertained during their meal. Its the little things that make the difference.

All in all, fabulous food, great atmosphere and efficient/friendly service, i look forward to returning and sampling some more!

• Visited September 2012