“My fave in Ballina”
Review of Market Kitchen - CLOSED

Market Kitchen
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Gastro-Pub overlooking the River Moy in Ballina, Co Mayo, serving the Freshest of Seasonal and Local Produce with Pride along the Wild Atlantic Way Best Restaurant in Mayo Award - 2014 & 2012 - Best Of Mayo Awards Best Customer Service in Mayo Award -2013- Irish Restaurant Awards Best Restaurant in Mayo - 2012 & 2011 - Irish Restaurant Awards
Andover, United Kingdom
“My fave in Ballina”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've been here before (although only once 3 months previously) and the manageress remembered me! (Maybe I'd been dribbling or something). Anyway, once again, superb food - simple fish of the day with ice cream pudding. Would always be my favourite when visiting Balina.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank lauran1902

Dublin, Ireland
“Still superb!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just keep coming back here. The food is fantastic and the desserts are sublime - that chocolate Brownie is to die for and as for the Mess - it is just gorgeous. The decor is so calm and relaxing - clean, cool and so tasteful. I would highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Shamrockin12
County Cork, Ireland
“Revisited”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As previously stated 'I will be back' so this time around,we tried the restaurant.
The decor is surprising as it is completely at odds with the downstairs decor which is 'old world' style, it is bright and airy and offers a wonderful view of the river Moy.
The staff are courteous, friendly and professional. The menu is varied and well priced. The food is excellent and well presented. The wine list also offers a wide choice.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone.
Reservations are advised.
This restaurant will remain on my list of 'will return'.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Liam55
London, United Kingdom
“we now know what we were missing”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

our third trip to ballina and our fourth attempt to get a table at the market kitchen [our fault entirely as we are a crowd of male golfers and could never get ourselves arganised before the kitchen closed]

anyway we made it this trip and how glad we are that we did.

imaginative menu.

great food.

wonderful service.

the lamb was to die for.

very highly reccomended.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank peter o
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Loved the food here. Good value and lots of choice. Quick friendly service. Loved the chicken in filo basket. Had to go back again during our stay in Ballina to enjoy again. Try the chocolate brownie, it's to die for.

Visited June 2013