“Amazing Food, Amazing Value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Market Kitchen - CLOSED

Market Kitchen
Cuisines: Irish, Mediterranean, European, Italian, British, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Award Winning Gastro-Pub overlooking the River Moy in Ballina, Co Mayo, serving the Freshest of Seasonal and Local Produce with Pride along the Wild Atlantic Way Best Restaurant in Mayo Award - 2014 & 2012 - Best Of Mayo Awards Best Customer Service in Mayo Award -2013- Irish Restaurant Awards Best Restaurant in Mayo - 2012 & 2011 - Irish Restaurant Awards
Co. Clare
“Amazing Food, Amazing Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had the pre-theatre menu and it was LOVELY! I couldn't get over how reasonable it was for the quality of food. We were really well looked after by the staff and it's been a long time since I can honestly say there was nothing I could fault about the food, the venue or the service in this restaurant. Keep it up!

Visited April 2013
8 Thank TravelJC1678

Ballina, Ireland
“Great quality food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have dined here on many occasion and love the place, bar food is so tasty and love the cajun chicken basket and my 4 year old says they have the best pizza, recently my extended family and myself ate in the restaurant upstairs for a birthday celebration, we were offered their early bird menu which was very reasonably priced and everybody loved, I went for the pork belly which was well cooked and so tender, the veg was beautiful and was seasoned with curry powder, i never had it before but would love to have again. The etton mess for dessert seemed to be a big hit with alot of the ladies .We were a party of 20 adults and 5 children and had excellent service and attention. Overall cannot fault anything and look forward for my next reason to dine here!!

• Visited March 2013
8 Thank 1972Foody
“Bad value for good money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I had dinner one evening here. The first thing that struck me was the lack of availability and poor seating arrangements. Most tables are arranged that when you are sitting at them you are facing other customers which are situated very close. Such was that when I was chatting to my wife I nearly had to whisper so people beside us would not hear us. There was no music played and the general atmosphere was very dull.
The menu was small. The starter was fine - garlic bread with melted cheese. For main course I chose a dish which contained sausage, black pudding and mash. I must say how it was stated on the menu it looked very attractive. It was circa €14.00.
When I got it I was appalled. 2 sauages, 2 wafer thin black pudding, a scoup of mash and some 'decorative' rushes (enough to make a St Bridget's Cross!). All for €14.00!!
The black pudding was cut unbelievably thin and burnt to a crisp.
How can a restaurant justify charging €14.00 for such an inadequate, burnt, plain meal? Supremacs for me next time!!
I should mention my wife's meal was fine.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Mayoperson
Dublin
“Another splendid visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Had a team night out, love everything about the place.... Susan does a fantastic Job. The food is always great.

6 Thank DublinRobert
Andover, United Kingdom
“OMG - should be no 1 on Tripadvisor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a great place. The food is absolutely fabulous - I had the chef's portobello mushroom soup with goat's cheese (?) (yes, I know but it worked), followed by the vegetable linguini, with leek sauce and parmesan and I even managed the most gorgeous meringue/fruit/ice cream dessert. Can't wait to go back. One fabulous place.

Visited March 2013