See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

The location is wonderful and if I was just driving by I would stop for a beer. I had soup and fish and chips. My friend had a side salad and chicken Kiev. The interior reminds me of an old steakhouse that has never been updated. The service was a challenge. Our waitress was new. We made reservations but they seemed very frazzled when we walked in. Our soup and salad took about 45+ minutes. Other people that came afterwards were served before us. The food was ok and the portions were huge. Don't feel the need to go back.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeanne M
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I was in Healys Bar Restaurant over the weekend and was far from impressed with the service.After taking our table which we booked early in the day we ordered drinks and looked at the menu,and after we ordered we had to wait 50 minutes before they served our meals

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Led136
Reviewed April 18, 2015 via mobile

My son and I went here to try the Guinness after we had scaled the great Nephin mountain . Great prompt friendly service and a first class pint . I can only submit pics of the mountains and great lakes that surround this oasis of the wild west of Ireland .

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank biabreablasta
Reviewed January 11, 2015

We had lunch here on sunday 11th January & it was super.
We were out for a typical sunday drive & came across this gem of a hotel.
What made us stop was the amount of cars parked outside - we thought something must be good here!
We were right - we had sunday lunch and it was gorgeous. I had the Atlantic Salmon & it was fabulous - it was cooked to order (which is unusual for sunday lunch) My husband had the Roast Beef & again it was fabulous. The sides were equally good - Mashed, Roast Potatoes, vegetabels - again cooked to order
Desserts were home made - Apple Pie & Sherry trifle - again very good
This is a great place - the scenery is lovely - even in January
Grreat value for money

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bud7
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife, child and I eat here last Saturday night and left completely underwhelmed.
Our experience looking for a table was terrible as the 'Head' waitress was not anyway obliging.
The food was so so and the service was adequate with not a hint of a smile on any of the staff,
On Paying I informed the same 'head waitress' that the bill was incorrect as I had an additional drink which was not charged for. She proceeded to admonish a member of staff - who was not responsible BTW - and then took my extra money without a Thank you - for pointing it out .
Overall a very poor experience from a hostelry that enjoys a considerable good reputation around these parts !!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family