Woodview House(Foxford)(Great Value!)
$93
$306
  • Breakfast included
$82
Great National Hotel Ballina(Ballina)(Great Value!)
$99
$76
  • Breakfast included
Foxford Lodge(Foxford)
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed and eaten at this hotel many times over the years and have never been disappointed.
The food is always of a very high quality and the staff very attentive.
My disappointment recently was to find they were shut due to fire damage.
I really hope they open again soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ParkBrook
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My freind and i were in Mayo for the weekend at a craft fair. We had booked into a much larger more corporate hotel, They twice had to close the hotel down and move us to a lodge further out of Foxford, it was the best thing that could of happened. The Lodge was so nice, the staff really looked after us ,the Waitresses, the Receptionist couldnt have been more helpful . the management were so kind to us and the owner John was great. We were caught up in the snow and were quite stressed out but we left laughing!
The rooms are comfortable the bathrooms are clean, with everything very adequate. We really liked the unpretentiousness of the whole place. we felt at home.
The food in the restaurant was very good and clearly the chef took great pride in producing very good food.
The breakfast was nice a great "full Irish" for all the right reasons, My friend who was vegetarian,was catered for with no fuss.We could have as much coffee and tea as we could drink It made our business week end( which was disaster ) a great experience and one that we will both remember for a long time. I will look forward to go back to Healys again when ever i get the opportunity.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mousey63
Healys-Pontoon, Owner at Healy's Restaurant and Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

Thank you very much for a nice report. We really appreciate it.

Thanks again
John Dever

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I've actually stayed three times at Healy's while searching for, and successfully completing on, a property in the area and this review is long overdue.
From the first visit and through subsequent stays of nearly a week each as well as dining there as a non-resident now I have my property, I have been struck by the friendliness of ALL the staff there; receptionists, bar staff, waiters and waitresses, the chefs and houskeeping staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them and coming back is always like being greeted by old friends. My Missus is a vegetarian and Rabie the chef was only too happy to run up vegetarian stir-fries and other off-menu veggie goodies and bring them into the dining room and serve them himself! The food is great and very good value... I had a lobster dinner for twenty euros. Wow! Fresh oysters are also on the menu with a varied selection of specials on the board. Breakfast is a treat with a full Irish, or scrambled or poached eggs served, along with the stunning view of sunrise across Lough Cullen. Great coffee (cafetiere), sooooo important!
There's a lovely characterful bar as well which is also a local watering hole so there's always a convivial atmosphere there and if you don't get chatting to a bunch of friendly folk then the fault is yours! The whole hotel is in effect a small, cosy anglers lodge full of old angling memorabilia which suits me just fine. John Dever, the very personable owner/manager, is a keen angler and golfer and is always happy to recommend one of the great golf links (Enniscrone) or fantastic angling venues for trout or salmon (almost anywhere!) along with info on flies or boat/guide hire.He runs a "tight ship" and ensures that everything is just right and all guests are happy. John also has a very keen pricing policy and we paid thirty five euros bed and breakfast per person sharing which I feel is fantastic value.
When I bought my property nearby and the plumbing blew up during the big freeze in Jan 2010, John insisted the missus and I use the shower facilities in a vacant room until the damage was repaired. True hospitality.
We invariably slept like logs at Healy's and if there's noise outside the room (lovely lake view) then it's the fault of the noisy guest outside the room and not down to John or the staff. Please note, Robbie1876.
All in all I love Healy's: the situation, the staff, the food, the friendly locals. It's an ideal base for touring, fishing, golfing and just about all the other activities the West of Ireland is famous for. What more do you really want? I would happily recommend Healy's to anyone and frequently do so!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlpasha

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It is much appreciated.

Merry Christmas

John Dever

Reviewed October 8, 2010

If you fancy a nice romantic evening with your significant other you could do no better than go to Healys of Pontoon where we spent a lovely evening at the end of the Summer. Bed and Breakfast came in at €35 and a whole lobster dinner at €19.99. Excellent value and good selection of wines under €20 a bottle and a lot of them also served by the glass. Staff and Service were excellent and I would not hesitate to go there again. It was Summer but the location is also stunning. Best value I have had in Ireland EVER! They also kindly posted back some items I had left behind. Thanks to all at Healys.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Beautiful rural country hotel which for the price we paid was excellent value for money. Its an old hotel but with charm. We stayed just for the one night with dinner but I suppose the highlight for me was the following morning waking up to the most fantastic view. The soundproofing isnt great but that is what you get in an old hotel. I would recommend it as a quiet weekend getaway at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends