“I will stay there again”

Broadhaven Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Belmullet
Reviewed November 7, 2006

I have stayed in the Erris area many times over the years as a result of family connections and I have often visited Belmullet. There have been many times that I have wished there was a large, modern hotel close to the town to stay in so I was delighted when, a couple of years ago, I saw the Broadhaven being built. I have stayed there twice, once just after it opened and in August 2006 and both times I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and left looking forward to my next visit.

I have found the hotel to be very welcoming, the rooms are clean and spacious, the food is good and overall the hotel is very good value. The key feature for me of staying there is the atmosphere and the attitude of the staff. The hotel is an Irish hotel not some anonymous, heartless place that could be anywhere in the world. I don’t think that I have ever encountered hotel staff that are as helpful and as accommodating as the staff at the Broadhaven. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they give all the guests a personal touch. It helps that all of the staff seem to come from the local area. I have no objection to hotels employing workers from the European Union but in most cases you can’t converse with them and there is no chance of asking them a question about the local area. Whenever I stay in an Irish hotel I want to be served by Irish people so that you can have a conversation with them and almost build up a friendship or rapport.

You will always be able to find fault with a hotel as there is bound to be something that is not to your liking or something in the room that isn’t working but that is the case in every hotel. I have come across a few minor niggles at the Broadhaven but they were always either sorted out by the staff or they were things that I could live with especially as I was only going to be in the hotel for a few days. I have never experienced anything on the scale reported by other reviewers. Sure the hotel is a bit crowded and noisy sometimes but that is to be expected given its size and the fact that is often fully booked with one or even two wedding receptions on as well.

I like the Broadhaven. I hope to be able to stay there many more times in the future and I would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JohnPKing

Reviewed October 3, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding over a year ago now, it is a lovely hotel, staffed by locals who couldnt do enough for you! The food was delicious with traditional irish meals on the menu.. As part of the wedding party we were treated like royalty we wanted for nothing. im returning to this hotel for another wedding this month and am looking forward to it.. Highly recommended..

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank blocky
Reviewed August 12, 2006

Just wanted to say that i stayed in this hotel in Feb 2006 as we were there because of a wedding reception. The rooms were emaculate i couldnt fault them, they even had a flat screen plasma tvs.

The bar was clean and the bar staff were friendly, what more could you want?

The wedding reception was brilliant i could not fault the food one little bit, i especially recomend the baileys cheesecake.

Even poped down to the nightclub, what a great place, it was huge.

Back to my room and as others said about the noise, i didnt hear a thing and it wasnt that late nor was i drunk!! I must admit tho i stayed at the front of the hotel so maybe the noise levels in the rear of the hotel rooms were different.

The hotel looked over a scenic bay and the small town of Belmullet was friendly.

I would deffenatly return to Broadhaven Bay Hotel again and again and i would highly recomend it.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank debbie4979
Dublin
Reviewed July 16, 2006

We had a poor experience at the broadhaven hotel. We moved rooms three times once because of nightclub disturbance. Secondly, we had no cold water in our shower, which left us one and a half hours late for the wedding that brought us to the hotel in the first place. There was no phone in our room, the iron didn't work and we had no running cold water in the shower in one room and in the wash hand basin in the third room. We brought our problems to the attention of the owner and she advised me that I should expect complications when staying in any hotel! The staff were friendly and tried their best to help us but even these problems were beyond their control. The hotel was reasonably priced as hotel rates go but honestly we paid enough for the level of functionality in our rooms.

Stayed: July 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London , England
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Great to have a spectacular hotel in the heart of Erris and the food and staff really ensure u enjoy every minute of your stay. Also i would be 100% sure if u would like to stay in a scenic and beautiful spot this is the right location.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed June 13, 2006

Newly opened Hotel with fabulous view of Broadhaven Bay if you could see it because they have car park in front of the hotel. The hotel is badly designed. The Nightclub attached to it is not soundproofed so you can here it in the middle of the night. The Main bar has no atmosphere and is usually overcrowded with drunk people coming down for the Nightclub. Music is terrible in the bar. Residents bar is useless because its never open and when it is open its full with people coming down for the Nightclub who are must likely not residents. You could forgive the hotel for these flaws because its a new hotel but when I was staying there the hotel was already open for a year and their leisure centre which they advertise along with the hotel is still not opened and is not expected to open until September 2006. There is plenty other places of accommodation in the area I personally would look else were in the area for a place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2005

Newly opened hotel with lovely views overlooking Brodhaven Bay. Top Class, nicely priced too! I recommend it..

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
Talbot Hotel
Leim Siar Bed and Breakfast
Fairview House B&B
Fairview House B&B
#4 of 9 in Belmullet

Been to Broadhaven Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!