“Good hotel”

Broadhaven Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Belmullet
“Good hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Good location to visit the area around ballina and Westport,very helpful staff pool was nice,good for families and couples.would recommend the bellmullet area as their is some nice quiet beaches,food in hotel was nice also a nightclub is on the premises

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Blaenau Ffestiniog, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Broadhaven Bay Hotel, what an amazing time we had here. We 1st came across this stunning Hotel ( September 2013) when family members helped us look for our Wedding Venue in Ireland ( we live in North Wales) We'd spent the whole day looking at venues, once we walked into this we knew it was the one. From the stunning views over the bay, gorgeous food and most importantly the warm welcome we received from all the staff.
We got married in Crossmolina on June 20th and had our Reception at the Hotel. All I can say is the day wouldn't be as perfect as it was with out them. They are more than helpful, they were in constant contact with us regarding all the planning for the day , and nothing was to much trouble. People say that planning a Wedding can be stressful, not with these guys, the day was perfect, the lengths the staff will go to is unreal, we nor our guests have seen such service. We are so thankful for all that they did. We can't wait to re-visit the hotel again next summer. It's defiantly worth a visit if you're in the area. Other Hotels should take tips on the professionalism and friendliness you receive from the staff here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kryskmj
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We had two nights in the Broadhaven Bay Hotel and the only thing I'm sad about is that it couldn't have been for longer. The welcoming family atmosphere is apparent straight away.The facilities were fantastic and the children and adults alike had great fun in the 25 metre pool.The breakfast was second to none and the staff were so efficient even in the busy morning rush.Our room was spacious and clean with ask mod cons. We had a lovely evening in the bar and again the staff couldn't have been more friendly.If you have older children I would highly recommend taking part in some of the Wavesweeper activities which can be booked through the hotel. We had a fun filled day doing water sports such as snorkeling, kayaking and coasteering against the backdrop of some of the most beautiful scenery the area has to offer. Without a doubt our finest family holiday yet.

• Stayed August 2014
Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have never stayed at the Broadhaven Bay. Instead I am sending along a good review as appreciation of all the time I have spent there during multiple trips to play Carne Golf Course. The places I stay never have internet connection, so after golf I come to the bar or restaurant at the hotel to stay connected with family and friends in the states. I am always made to feel welcome and the food in the restaurant has been great. My friend Peter on this year's trip ranked their seafood chowder as #1. I doubt they miss my overnight business as they are always packed with weddings! Thanks to everyone at the Broadhaven Bay for making my life easier while I stay on the beautiful Mullet Peninsula!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
dublin
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Broadhaven Bay hotel is not the most modern hotel but the helpfulness of the staff is something I will never forget. we were quite late getting there and wanted to have dinner at the hotel, we asked reception if this would be possible, with a smile she popped into the dining room and returned to say there was a table ready for us. Dinner was OK, but a few of the staff came to make sure all was good. The hotel was extremely busy for a Wednesday night, but the staff made time for everyone. On Friday morning the day we were leaving we went to breakfast and my husband thought the bacon was too salty and couldn't eat it, when Pauline (Waitress) came to clear the table, seeing the bacon on his plate asked if there was a problem and he said it was too salty, she insisted she would get bacon that would not be salty, we said there was no need, but she insisted on packing 3 not too salty bacon sandwiches for us, which I must say went down a treat on our long drive to Cavan. Pauline is an perfect example of the kind of welcome that one expects in Irish hotels, please pass our gratitude to her, and to the hotel I say, you are lucky to have a staff member like her.
The map produced by the area was of great help to us showing some great trails in the area. The trail at Erris Head should not be missed.

Room Tip: Probably ask for a room on the upper floor as there is no Air conditioning.
2 Thank ilovemyholidays80
Donard, Ireland
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, the floor staff in the restaurant and the kitchen staff could not do enough to look after their customers. It is a long time since I sent a drink into the kitchen for the chef, she was just wonderful, a simple (very hot) chicken curry may seem mundane but it was just sublime! The wine (Pinot Grigio, Italian) was really nice and very reasonably priced. Thank you folks, we will most certainly be back, true professionals! Rooms are clean and airy, corridor carpets badly in need of a cleaning!

Alan.

Room Tip: Specify front of house for the sea view!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We booked this hotel through booking.com and paid €260 for 2 nights BB&1D. When we arrived the receptionist asked me to pay €150. I advised her I had already paid, she then gave me my room key. At first I couldn’t find my room because the room numbers had fallen off the door, when we got to our room there was a stale smell of cigarettes, I went back to reception and asked could I change rooms. The housekeeping lady agreed there was a smell of smoke in the room and advised me to open the window, I reminded her our room was on the bottom floor and I wouldn’t leave my window open all day and night. They did eventually change our room. The room itself was very outdated, door handle fell off, the TV was tiny with limited channels, small bath and shower, very basic. We went to the restaurant, waited 30 mins for a drink and then another 30 mins for some chowder. I got the lamb for my dinner which was just like a carvery, nothing special.
We went to the Talbot Hotel for dinner the second night and found staff and reception much nicer, there hotel was also nicer and the food was amazing.
When I checked out reception asked me to pay €160, I explained again I had already paid €260.
After a 4 hour drive from Dublin I was expecting to relax in a beautiful 4* hotel, but instead this was a 2* hotel, average customer service, average food and below average rooms in a nice location.

7 Thank smclaughlin84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
Talbot Hotel
#6 of 9 in Belmullet
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
#2 of 3 in Belmullet

Been to Broadhaven Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!