“Perfect Weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Westport, Ireland
“Perfect Weekend”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Myself and a large group of ladies stayed last weekend at the Talbot for my sisters Hen weekend. The staff at the Hotel could not have been more helpful or polite. Everybody was very impressed with the room decor and the standard of the food at dinner and the way in which they were treated by the staff. Breakfast the next morning was equally fabulous and even though we all left getting breakfast until the last minute, we never felt like we were being hurried to finish.We all felt we got very good value for money.The rooms were very clean and very well kitted out. The nespresso machines are a nice touch in the rooms. The layout of the Hotel can sometimes be confusing but it means you get to see much more of it and appreciate how nice it is everywhere! A big shout out to Pat the barman/porter DJ and jack of all trades who came to our rescue when our laptop would not work with the projector. He was good enough to lend us his own and provided us with a music playlist and everything. He saved the day for us all!! A great Hotel and a real asset to Belmullet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family come from Belmullet, and for most of my life I have had the benefit of staying at our family farm near Inver. Last year unfortunalty that was not possible, so I had to look for a hotel. We stayed in the Talbot, and I can say nothing more than anyone else. The location is wonderful, the town is fantastic, the people running the hotel is great. I understand that it is priviatly owned, and the female party in the relationship does all of the decor and rooms herself. This is the trick for sure, it is magnificent.

I have seen Belmullet change over the past 40 years from a little backwater to an important hub for local industry and the local ommunity, I think if you had asked my old mum if she would expect Belmullet to have a Chinese restaurant in the 60's and 70's she would have been surprised!

Well done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BoroughBoy45
Ratoath, Ireland
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent two nights here and were happy with the stay overall. The room was nicely furnished, and quiet, with WiFi to keep our son happy. Breakfast was good, and very filling. The only let down was the bar-food. While there was a good choice, some of the items listed as "home made" were not. Portion sizes of a side of chips were very small. I had a garlic mushroom starter which included melted chedar and pesto - unusual. Since there is no hotel car-park, we had to park on the street, and hope to avoid tickets.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 may be noisey if there is a crowd in the bar.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LarryO234
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here recently on a work trip and really enjoyed myself! Its hard to believe a hotel like this exists in someone as remote as Belmullet. But then Belmullet is a beautiful spot and deserves a beautiful hotel. Its the little things that make the difference - the nespresso machines, the ipod docks and the PROPER HAIRDRYERS! Oh the breakfast is pretty incredible too. I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were a group of 6 who had booked 2 rooms in the hotel and a town house for everyone else.
The hotel was incredible. Comfortable, spotless, funky, spacious - really exceptional. I have stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure but this will stand out for most.
The receptionist (Sammi??) was a pleasure to deal with.

The town house was a little disappointing but nothing that can't be fixed quickly. Paint needed touching up, carpets could have been cleaner and there was a problem with hot water.

The staff/manager was responsive to the feedback and any issues were quickly addressed.

Great value for money in the town house despite the minor issues!

The biggest down side, in my view, is the (limited) on-street parking but we all got parking close by.

A really beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Triona O
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a Hotel, I have worked and stayed all over Ireland and find it hard to find a Hotel that will beat this one, after staying there a couple of times on business I returned there with my Wife and family and yet again i wast disappointed, Karen on reception was most helpful and couldn't do enough for us as was the lady serving breakfast, the food is second to none and you wouldn't leave there hungry, I will defiantly return again Thanks again for everything !!!!

Nick M

Room Tip: Get one of the suites for that something special
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I fancied a night away somewhere different for Easter Saturday and booked this hotel purely on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. On arrival I was a little nervous to see that the hotel appeared quite smile but on entering all apprehension left, the decoration, luxury and style of this hotel is admittedly the nicest I've ever seen and what tops it off is the attention to detail given to everything.
My boyfriend and I had taken our bikes with us and decided to go for a cycle before checking in, the lady on reception was so helpful giving us a map of the different cycling routes and explaining which would be best. After a very enjoyable cycle we returned and after check in we were shown to our room, which had a beautiful four poster bed with a two foot mattress on it, an espresso machine, fluffy bathrobes and slippers, a shower for two and the deepest bath I've ever experienced and yet again the decoration and comfort was just wonderful.
We travel a lot to hotels and generally spend very little time in the hotel itself, preferring to explore the bars and restaurants in the area, this is the only time we actually didn't want to leave the hotel or even the room for that matter!!! We had lunch and cocktails in the bar and because we enjoyed it so much we booked dinner in the restaurant which was equally fabulous.
Breakfast the next day offered a great selection and even when I asked for an Omelette which wasn't on the menu I was told no problem.
Overall I highly recommend this hotel and everything about it and cant wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
Broadhaven Bay Hotel
#2 of 3 in Belmullet
Chez Nous
Chez Nous
#6 of 9 in Belmullet

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!