“Wow !!!!!!”

Talbot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Belmullet
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a Hotel, I have worked and stayed all over Ireland and find it hard to find a Hotel that will beat this one, after staying there a couple of times on business I returned there with my Wife and family and yet again i wast disappointed, Karen on reception was most helpful and couldn't do enough for us as was the lady serving breakfast, the food is second to none and you wouldn't leave there hungry, I will defiantly return again Thanks again for everything !!!!

Nick M

Room Tip: Get one of the suites for that something special
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I fancied a night away somewhere different for Easter Saturday and booked this hotel purely on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. On arrival I was a little nervous to see that the hotel appeared quite smile but on entering all apprehension left, the decoration, luxury and style of this hotel is admittedly the nicest I've ever seen and what tops it off is the attention to detail given to everything.
My boyfriend and I had taken our bikes with us and decided to go for a cycle before checking in, the lady on reception was so helpful giving us a map of the different cycling routes and explaining which would be best. After a very enjoyable cycle we returned and after check in we were shown to our room, which had a beautiful four poster bed with a two foot mattress on it, an espresso machine, fluffy bathrobes and slippers, a shower for two and the deepest bath I've ever experienced and yet again the decoration and comfort was just wonderful.
We travel a lot to hotels and generally spend very little time in the hotel itself, preferring to explore the bars and restaurants in the area, this is the only time we actually didn't want to leave the hotel or even the room for that matter!!! We had lunch and cocktails in the bar and because we enjoyed it so much we booked dinner in the restaurant which was equally fabulous.
Breakfast the next day offered a great selection and even when I asked for an Omelette which wasn't on the menu I was told no problem.
Overall I highly recommend this hotel and everything about it and cant wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I can not reccommend this hotel highly enough. We were greeted warmly, escorted to our room and made to feel very welcome guests.

Our room was so elegant and spacious with everything that you could possibly need for a night of utter luxury.

We ate a fabulous three course meal and were served by the wonderful Monika.

The beds were so comfortable that we almost missed breakfast.

Mary looked after our full Erris breakfast and it was so freshly cooked that the fat was still sizzling on our bacon when it arrived at the table. YUM.

We were treated to a tour of the suites in the hotel and they are just stunning.

We felt like we were in another world and did not want to leave.

Congratulations to the owners and managers of this fantastic hotel, your staff are a credit to you.

We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is one on the best hotels I have stayed in and I have traveled all over the world.

From the outside it just looks like a nice tidy hotel but when you enter it you think you have walked into a five star hotel. Everything from the receptionist to the decor is excellent and when you get to your room that is when you are really impressed. Apart from the size of the room the decor is to a very high standard.

The food menu is very good and when you get your food it is too a very high standard and served by a first class staff who make your stay very pleasant.

The only negative thing on my stay at the Talbot hotel was the leaving, I wished I could have stayed longer.

Belmullet it's self was a very pleasant and clean little village with interesting walks. The folks were very friendly and pleasant which is a nice change from the usual cities I visit.

Room Tip: I was in room 8 which was in the back of the hotel and just looked onto a wall. This did not bother...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SMacNab99
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Attended a hen party at this hotel last weekend and had to take the time to post this review. From the moment to arrived till we departed all we kept saying was "WOW" and "SUPER" and many other words to this effect. The hotel is sheer luxury. The service is top class. The food was amazing. I could go on but I think you know by now I am a big fan and would recommend this hotel 100%. Nothing to fault. Well done to all the staff take a bow. Looking forward to my next vist.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank bredaCoMayoIreland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Belmullet might not be the first place one would think of when looking for a boutique hotel - well you will quickly change your mind on arrival.Think of the last time you were greeted by a receptionist who was truly delighted that you chose their hotel for a vacation or the last hotel where you were shown to your room and had everything in the room explained to you.This is really an exceptional place.The decor is chic and very trendy throughout the hotel.The bedrooms are ultra cool with all mod cons including air con , nespresso coffee maker , mini bar, bath and separate large shower, iPod stand , dressing gowns , slippers , the list goes on. An interesting security feature is a timed card swipe on opening bedroom door. We ate dinner in the Barony restaurant on the evening of our stay and were shown swiftly to our table where we were handed an aperitif.The food was delicious with plenty to chose from including a sorbet..Dinner was served by both Rachel and Monika who were very friendly and when we told them our experience of the hotel was beyond our expectations Monika kindly arranged for us to view one of the suites. We spent the evening in the bar enjoying a local guy playing music which added to the atmosphere . In the morning we were served breakfast in the Barony restaurant and when I say you can have anything you would normally expect for breakfast I mean it. All cooked fresh to order. We hope to be back soon - This hotel deserves all the success in the world for giving Belmullet a unique place to stay. They have thought of providing everything for their guests including employing the nicest and friendliest of staff. A special word of thanks to Karen on reception for showing us around and for being so hospitable.

Room Tip: There is no chance of getting a bad room here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lubo60
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My partner and I just spent the most amazing 3 nights at The Talbot Hotel, Belmullet. We had found the hotel online and couldn't believe how amazing it looked. I did a search of things to do in Belmullet, but not a lot that interested either of us came up in terms of activities, but we knew the countryside there would be beautiful and the pictures of the hotel and the reviews made our minds up to go.
On arrival we were blown away by the luxurious beauty of the lobby and the warm welcome we received from the staff. We asked for an upgrade and our request was instantly met. Our room was out of this world, stunning design and style, four poster bed and Nespresso machine to name but a few things. We couldn't believe our luck. It was stunning.
The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. There are too many design touches in the room (and hotel itself to mention).
Breakfast was absolutely divine. We were served by a wonderful lady called Mary who couldn't have made us feel more welcome or looked after. The options for breakfast were numerous and flexible and Mary made us feel like we were part of the family. She was so helpful in terms of suggestions of local things to do, driving directions, made sure we had enough to eat (we had more than enough) and sorted us out with fruit, muffins and croissants to take with us for a snack during our drive later. She was amazing and the dining room itself was just lush.
After two nights we didn't want to leave so we decided to stay another. We booked another double room and cheekily asked for an upgrade again. This time we were given a suite!!! This was just incredible. I have never seen a bed this size, absolutely massive. Again the design and decor was impeccable, from the pink bath that was lit up (complete with flatscreen tv to watch while while you bathe!) to the zebra print sofa, chandelier. I could go on all day. We spent a lot of time in the room!!
The staff were so nice, down to earth, helpful and kind, such a great surprise to be treated so well and the price was so reasonable.
Belmullet itself is so full of charm. Everywhere we went in the town we received such warmth and welcoming. It was amazing to be greeted by everyone on the street and a surprise too. Almost every person you passed said hello. The pubs are just gorgeous and so friendly. There's an chipper / indian take away that we went into, we probably stayed over an hour and a half and chatted with the owners the whole time, you just don't get that in Dublin!!
The scenery around the area is spectacular and there are some great drives. The Ceide Fields aren't too far away and are well worth a visit. The coastline is gorgeous. We went to a heritage centre in Black Sod and were treated with the warmest welcome from the lady who was working there (can't remember her name), we ended up staying a long time, having a cup of tea and were filled in on all the local history. She was really lovely and made us feel so welcome.
It was hard to leave Belmullet and we will definitely go back again. We both feel so refreshed from our trip and it's given me a reminder of the kindness and lovely nature of Irish people. I can't recommend it enough, the hotel is unique and surprising, the area is raw and beautiful and the people still remember how to treat each other. Absolute bliss.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trevor_Clarke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
Broadhaven Bay Hotel
#4 of 9 in Belmullet
Fairview House B&B
Fairview House B&B
#5 of 9 in Belmullet

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!