“Heaven in Belmullet”

Talbot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Belmullet
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My partner and I just spent the most amazing 3 nights at The Talbot Hotel, Belmullet. We had found the hotel online and couldn't believe how amazing it looked. I did a search of things to do in Belmullet, but not a lot that interested either of us came up in terms of activities, but we knew the countryside there would be beautiful and the pictures of the hotel and the reviews made our minds up to go.
On arrival we were blown away by the luxurious beauty of the lobby and the warm welcome we received from the staff. We asked for an upgrade and our request was instantly met. Our room was out of this world, stunning design and style, four poster bed and Nespresso machine to name but a few things. We couldn't believe our luck. It was stunning.
The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. There are too many design touches in the room (and hotel itself to mention).
Breakfast was absolutely divine. We were served by a wonderful lady called Mary who couldn't have made us feel more welcome or looked after. The options for breakfast were numerous and flexible and Mary made us feel like we were part of the family. She was so helpful in terms of suggestions of local things to do, driving directions, made sure we had enough to eat (we had more than enough) and sorted us out with fruit, muffins and croissants to take with us for a snack during our drive later. She was amazing and the dining room itself was just lush.
After two nights we didn't want to leave so we decided to stay another. We booked another double room and cheekily asked for an upgrade again. This time we were given a suite!!! This was just incredible. I have never seen a bed this size, absolutely massive. Again the design and decor was impeccable, from the pink bath that was lit up (complete with flatscreen tv to watch while while you bathe!) to the zebra print sofa, chandelier. I could go on all day. We spent a lot of time in the room!!
The staff were so nice, down to earth, helpful and kind, such a great surprise to be treated so well and the price was so reasonable.
Belmullet itself is so full of charm. Everywhere we went in the town we received such warmth and welcoming. It was amazing to be greeted by everyone on the street and a surprise too. Almost every person you passed said hello. The pubs are just gorgeous and so friendly. There's an chipper / indian take away that we went into, we probably stayed over an hour and a half and chatted with the owners the whole time, you just don't get that in Dublin!!
The scenery around the area is spectacular and there are some great drives. The Ceide Fields aren't too far away and are well worth a visit. The coastline is gorgeous. We went to a heritage centre in Black Sod and were treated with the warmest welcome from the lady who was working there (can't remember her name), we ended up staying a long time, having a cup of tea and were filled in on all the local history. She was really lovely and made us feel so welcome.
It was hard to leave Belmullet and we will definitely go back again. We both feel so refreshed from our trip and it's given me a reminder of the kindness and lovely nature of Irish people. I can't recommend it enough, the hotel is unique and surprising, the area is raw and beautiful and the people still remember how to treat each other. Absolute bliss.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trevor_Clarke

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hi we had my hen party last weekend 26th January, it was an amazing time, the hotel was fab, the staff were so friendly two in particular Rachel from Bar and Fiona from reception. i cannot praise this hotel enough to people. The rooms were amazing and the food was the most delicious food i tasted in a long time, (i had the mushroom pasta). Keep up the good work and i will be calling again soon after my wedding with my new hubby. I would also like to say a big thak you to the hotel for the lovely sandwiches and tea when we came back from the night club, such a lovely touch. And one last thing to the people from belmullet the nicest people you could meet. Pamela

Room Tip: all the rooms are fab.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pamela c
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in the this hotel last August for a christening, i arrived early that morning, even though i arrived before check in the staff were so nice and accommodating, they provided me with a room to get changed in. It was a bank holiday weekend and they were fully booked out but as soon as a room became free they let me use it to get ready for the christening. They really went out of their way to help me.

As for the bedroom i stayed in it was absolutely fabulous, a real taste of luxury.

I had breakfast on arrival and it was really lovely, all freshly made.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracey_Burke
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in January. This hotel is stunning. The decor is amazing. I took so many photos! It should win awards for design! Staff are wonderful - kind, friendly and attentive. Special mention for Liam in the bar and sammie in reception. Mary at breakfast was so attentive and really looked after us. Food is beautiful and very good value. Try the fish! This is a coastal town so ultra fresh! Our room was beautiful. Big comfy bed, lovely bathroom. Every need catered for. Nespresso machine. Bathrobes and slippers. Such a lovely weekend away. Raging we had to leave. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Couldn't ask for any more from a hotel.
Staff were lovely, friendly, helpful and good craic. Service was better than we've received in any hotel we ever stayed in (including 5 star hotels)
Our room was amazing. Big 4 poster bed in a regular priced room! The duvet and pillows were of high quality and we had a great sleep. We don't drink coffee but noticed the specialised coffee maker for caffeine addicts.
There is a high finish and an attention to detail in the hotel and it really is a fab place to stay.
The only down side id say is the restaurant. The food is only ok. It sounded and look better than it tasted.
Wished we eaten in the bar for dinner as the club sandwich we got when we first arrived was lovely.

We will definitely come back. I have been raving about this place to all my friends since we came home! Its a real gem and its priced so cheaply for the quality of service and attention to detail. Highly recommend

Room Tip: room 15 is a great one to stay in!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank landofheartsdesire
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My colleague & I arrived at 9.00 at night which is last orders time. We chose to eat in the bar although the dining room of the hotel could have accommodated us. The batman who took our order was pleasant,good humoured & cheerful. Our aperitif was a couple of pints while we waited for our food. My friend had sea bass while I had the beef stir fry. In due course the food arrived piping hot & there was lots of it. We both agreed that it was a very enjoyable meal where we were made to feel very comfortable & our every need was catered for. Our experience was so good that my friend,who had never been there before decided to book a weekend in the hotel to celebrate his wife's forthcoming 50th birthday. It was a very good experience for both of us. We will be back & we will recommend it to friends.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank silverfox711
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had our Wedding here in November, what a surperb day.The staff and management of this hotel were extremely helpful with our preparations. I recommend this hotel highly for a wedding.It offers great value with an extensive menu. The food was amazing, great attention to detail. The accomodation is luxurious and the breakfast the following morning was fit for a king. The children in our party were catered for with a special children's menu and canapes.The reception suite was so tastefully decorated. Anyone looking for that unique venue for their special day, should look no further that the Talbot. Many thanks to everyone at this hotel for making all our dreams come true on our Wedding Day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ann c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
Broadhaven Bay Hotel
#4 of 9 in Belmullet
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
#2 of 4 in Belmullet

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!